Options

Stacey easiest reality tv show win in history

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,322
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I know there have been a few really obvious winners in some shows over the years.

I dont think have been many where whoever the opposition were before it started, you knew she was a certain winner.

Comments

• Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete in big brother 7 comes to mind, red hot favourite from start to finish, no one else stood a chance.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you OP, my guess is she's getting 85% of the vote. :)
  • Options
    chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope so, she deserves it. Made the series for me.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,117
    Forum Member
    Stacey deserves it, like most of the eliminated celebs have said, she is one of a kind. ;)
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    I'd be SHOCKED if Stacey doesn't win. You could see it from day one. Down to earth, not whinging, getting on with anything that comes her way, laughing in the face of adversity, supportive, honest, modest, doing her fare share, everything you could want in a contestant.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey deserves it, like most of the eliminated celebs have said, she is one of a kind. ;)

Agreed, she's a great girl and I really hope she does well off the back of this show, which I think she will for sure.

Let's hope all the attention and (hopefully) money doesn't change her, I'm pretty sure it wont though, she's well grounded.
    :)
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all seem to pick the "nice" ones,but tbh the entertainment factor this year has been very poor.Agree tho there is only one winner.......Stacey.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word... Gino.

I didn't think he would be as popular as he was, but when they released the % each day, he was on huge % to save all the time, and managed 83.42% in the final to win, the most landslide reality victory.

IMO it will be quite close between Stacey and Shaun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    It's just very odd she didnt win last year but at least if, she does it reignites her pop career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every celeb who's come out of the jungle has said Stacey to win, but watching the programme, it feels like Shaun is doing just as well.

I never vote on reality TV shows so I feel like a passive outsider on these things.

Stacey has surprised me, she is a lot sharper than she appears at first breathy airheaded comment.
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatsoever wrote: »
    Every celeb who's come out of the jungle has said Stacey to win, but watching the programme, it feels like Shaun is doing just as well.

I never vote on reality TV shows so I feel like a passive outsider on these things.

Stacey has surprised me, she is a lot sharper than she appears at first breathy airheaded comment.

The celebs may say that in front of the camera but Dom said they all knew Stacey was going to win so there was no competitiveness. Agro has also said that he did a lot more in the jungle and yet 'others' were given more air time and he is very disappointed at what was not shown. Call this sour grapes, I don't, I call it honesty.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    Agreed, she's a great girl and I really hope she does well off the back of this show, which I think she will for sure.

Let's hope all the attention and (hopefully) money doesn't change her, I'm pretty sure it wont though, she's well grounded.
    :)

Joe Swash "interviewed" her mum on the ITV show last night and from that she seemed to be a down to earth and cheery lady. I can see where Stacey gets her lovely personality from. Interestingly the ITV coverage seems to be assuming a Stacey win. Joe Swash said something to Stacey's mum along the lines of "she could be crowned Queen of the Jungle", whereas the other relatives only got a "I expect you are looking forward to seeing them again".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    I'd be SHOCKED if Stacey doesn't win. You could see it from day one. Down to earth, not whinging, getting on with anything that comes her way, laughing in the face of adversity, supportive, honest, modest, doing her fare share, everything you could want in a contestant.

This! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on what others look for in a winner. I like Shaun and Stacey equally but for different reasons. I have found Shaun funny, straight-talking and surprisingly thoughtful and kind - the very same things I have found in Stacey. However, Stacey is more of a team player and has tackled everything with enthusiasm and without complaint. Also, I have not heard her say one bad thing about any other contestant - not even the witch McGrief. So, on balance, I really want Stacey to win.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Stacey will win - she's kooky, warm, friendly and she was on the X Factor too! None of the other celebs have a chance against her.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Andy_G wrote: »
    Pete in big brother 7 comes to mind, red hot favourite from start to finish, no one else stood a chance.

But he did nothing and was playing to the camera from the moment he "fell" down the stairs going in.

Stacey's done OK on the ghastly trials (spiders may still be an understandable problem) and shone on the ones that posed physical or mental challenges. She's led Aggro through one, beaten Linford in a physical test by applying more brain power and worked the musical goat task out while Shaun, the other singer, was still trying to figure out what it was about. She's also the best stone thrower ever seen on IAC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's just very odd she didnt win last year but at least if, she does it reignites her pop career.

Simon had Leona and Alex as his only successful winners already and by series 6 wanted a boy. That wasn't difficult as the boys, in either single form or as boy groups, dominate the voting on X factor for every recent year we have the figures - even Alexandra Burke wins in a series where JLS and Eoghan suck up a lot of that vote before the final 2. In Stacey's series, the male singers between them had 50% + of the vote and their percentage was redistributed between them as people left. Even, with that bias though, Stacey beat the winner Joe for 3 weeks out of 10 and beat the runner up Olly for 6.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few easy wins this year, Josie won BB with 75% or so plus Gino last year. Stacey will easily get 80% tbh
  • Options
    emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I have to disagree, Josie from Big Brother 2010 was an obvious winner from only a few weeks in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    Sorry, I have to disagree, Josie from Big Brother 2010 was an obvious winner from only a few weeks in.
    I agree, but I only meant she got a huge %, but easiest win would mean totally the obvious winner from day 1. I guess in hindsight, Josie wasn't the best example
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    I think it just goes to prove that STACEY would have been a more successful winner of her series IMO. She has a great voice and totally likeable, what better recipe for success.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    emmetmcl wrote: »

This was only the case because of the helping hand in obliterating Josies oppostion before the end.

Stacey would have still won whoever they had put in
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Gino last year was a fairly obvious winner, right from day 1. I think the only thing that could stop Stacey is the way people like to back the underdog, so her status as favourite could get in the way a bit. Hope it doesn't though, she's amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CloudyE wrote: »
    I think it just goes to prove that STACEY would have been a more successful winner of her series IMO. She has a great voice and totally likeable, what better recipe for success.

Not sure what they could have tried to turn her into though. Rebecca and Cher seemed to have been boxed into a character this year and Leona and Alex were both turned into an artificial character and sound to get sales.Stacey can sing almost anything very well but she's not as easy to put in a box. She's not obviously in the pop or concert (Ruthie Henshall like ) market, she can't be SuBo and she's not as obvious a transfer to the West End as Brenda, Ray, Cassie or Lucie. She needs someone wih a bit of imagination to help pick the right songs and someone inspired to spot a niche or role for her.