Christmas! what happened to it?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that Christmas is pretty much in your face for 3 or 4 months before Christmas Day.

Our local garden had a giant santa and Christmas lights and started selling decorations first week in September.

Shops are increasingly putting Xmas stock on sale in September to grab those extra pounds from us.

16 weeks of it being in ya face and with Boxing Day seeming like a normal day now, is it little wonder that its lost its mojo.

Eastenders being the number 1 watched TV programme just about sums the nation up.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I thought it was because I was getting old and my kids are all about grown up..my youngest is 15 and she was still excited but I just looked at her and thought she was mad :)
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas is what you make of it.
    It isn't going to make up for something lacking in your own life.

The better question to ask would be why as an individual you feel this way when there's plenty of evidence showing that many do not. Obviously a lot of people know and are quite open that it's down to bereavement and they have my sympathy.

But if you've got a reasonable quotient of happiness and a major celebration makes you feel empty then it's really nothing to do with any of the surface tat that's pointed out as the reason for feeling down.

Who cares if the shops sell stuff way back in September? Or the neighbours don't put up so many lights.
    Does anybody think something so facile can have so much effect?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its cause its christmas tomorrow