bands/singers still not on itunes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
With the Beatles now on itunes I wondered what major bands/singers have still not made their back catalog or a large part of it available digitally yet.

Bob Seger, Def Leppard, The Eagles, AC/DC and large parts of Inxs and Kate Bush's back catalogs are currently not available. Suede's also no longer available.

There are also bands who aren't allowed their music to be streamed on spotify etc

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it not on itunes, is it because of the band/ singer won't allow it or because itunes won't.
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Paparazzo.

You may need a single first. :) Or if you've got one, get it on there.
    Forum Member
    Why is it not on itunes, is it because of the band/ singer won't allow it or because itunes won't.

You may need a single first. :) Or if you've got one, get it on there.

Well I've got a song. LOL

HALFWAY THERE!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo.
    Well I've got a song. LOL

HALFWAY THERE!!!

How do you get it on itunes.
    Forum Member
    How do you get it on itunes.

I have lyrics, I mean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    AC/DC i had to find elsewhere :(..They are sooo good..lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member

Seeing as these bands are not elsewhere like spotify or napster i would say it's down to the band/label
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I think that some bands would prefer for the customer to hear the music in the way they made it, meaning that when a band make a album its like a story, every song has its place in the running order of the album, a belter of a start an easy middle and a epic builder of an ending.
    Hope that make sense as it late lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lyrics, I mean.

but no music.

Seeing as these bands are not elsewhere like spotify or napster i would say it's down to the band/label

hmmmmmmmmmm
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are also bands who aren't allowed their music to be streamed on spotify etc

Yes, Peter Gabriel is one big loss for me on Spotify, I'd love to hear all his albums in proper quality, not through YouTube.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that some bands would prefer for the customer to hear the music in the way they made it, meaning that when a band make a album its like a story, every song has its place in the running order of the album, a belter of a start an easy middle and a epic builder of an ending.
    Hope that make sense as it late lol

AC/DC have said they record albums, not individual tracks which is why they refuse to allow them to be made available for downloads.
    AdamDowds wrote: »
    Yes, Peter Gabriel is one big loss for me on Spotify, I'd love to hear all his albums in proper quality, not through YouTube.

Ermmm.... you could always buy his CDs..... ;)
    Forum Member
    AdamDowds wrote: »

I know why Gabriel isn't on spotify, because he is one of the owners of we7 I think, so he has an exclusive deal with them in the UK. Peter Gabriel's music is available in streaming sites in other parts of the world like the US Napster
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC/DC have said they record albums, not individual tracks which is why they refuse to allow them to be made available for downloads.

I've heard Brian Johnson of AC/DC mention this before, but they have released many singles for the Top 40 to buy individually so that rather contradicts...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eagles :(
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astra 1A wrote: »
    I've heard Brian Johnson of AC/DC mention this before, but they have released many singles for the Top 40 to buy individually so that rather contradicts...

But in general a band like AC/DC would only release one or two tracks as singles to publcise the album, therefore there are still the majority of tracks to listen to when you purchase the album.
    Forum Member
    But in general a band like AC/DC would only release one or two tracks as singles to publcise the album, therefore there are still the majority of tracks to listen to when you purchase the album.

yeah some bands argue their album tells a story, Pink Floyd have said as much as one track does seem to go into the other. But then the question has to be asked why do they release greatest hits albums then
  • CoreenBaconskinCoreenBaconskin Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shish Kebab and the Mindbenders :-(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    AC/DC i had to find elsewhere :(..They are sooo good..lol

They are on i tunes now..woop :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole "my album tells a story" argument sounds good, but it is still no excuse to not be on iTunes since you can make it so people can't purchase individual tracks and have to buy the album. It's done all the time, especially for movie soundtracks. They have a few singles available, but a lot of the songs say 'album only' where the price for the track should be, so if you want it, that's the only way to get it. You can do that for all of the songs as we'll if you don't want to have a single sold without the rest of the album.
  • Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 unlimited
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lyrics, I mean.

If you want me to have a go at sticking some dots to your lyrics, I'd be happy to have a go, I've done quite a few colaborations in the past.

Send me a PM f you want me to see what I can do ;)