Shayne Ward's career has been DESTROYED!! and he will FLOP!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    I found it strange that Simon signed up Olly when he's already got a better overall male singer in Shayne who has the look and the vocals to make it big.

100% agree! Imo Shayne has the better voice,is a great mover and has stage presence in bucketloads. From what I saw of Olly I thought he was very middle of the road but have heard he is good live. If its all down to money as the reason for Shaynes continual knock backs...why take on someone else when they have the likes of Shayne in front of them. :rolleyes:
  • SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it strange that Simon signed up Olly when he's already got a better overall male singer in Shayne who has the look and the vocals to make it big.

Maybe Olly was signed in order to keep him away from the opposition.;)
    Being signed doesn't equate to album releases as Shayne well knows.:(
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Danyl was Simon's favourite and exactly what he was looking for that year. I think Simon genuinely wanted to be the winning mentor, I think he wanted a 25+ contestant to win the show and that contestant to be a bit of an entertainer as well. Like Robbie Williams but with a better voice.

However, I've never believed that they rigidly stick to that. So when Danyl was struggling with his performances, being hit with bad press and reportedly being hard to work with I think Joe became Simon's favourite. He wasn't ideal, but he was the only one looking likely to win because he was consistently singing better than everyone else, able to take on any theme and the only one who seemed to be improving as they approached the final. So they got behind him because with or without Simon's support, he was going to win.

Olly's deal is SyCo/Epic. Now that Simon has restructured his deal with Sony, I wouldn't be surprised if all X Factor acts signed from X Factor to Sony have to carry the SyCo imprint. This happened for the early winners of Pop Idol and American Idol before Simon sold his company to Sony even though he had little involvement in their careers.
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But does Shayne have the drive tho? Its been around 3 yrs since we last heard from Shayne. It is obviously too late for a July release.. Spet/ Oct is fast approaching.. and we are hearing and seeing nothing. I predict we'll still be asking what happened to Shayne this time nex year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    But does Shayne have the drive tho?

I for 1 think he has.I dont doubt him in anyway. I've noticed he's using his Twitter account more and more of late ( @shayneTward ) so I'm taking it as a sign of something happening at some point this year:p

Its too late now though for the "Summer Comeback" I read about a while back :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    ooh didn't know there was a Shayne thread...
    I miss him his music is great, and his singles and albums have done very well in the past so there's no reason for him to 'flop' if he has a really good comeback single. NOT a ballad.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shayne doesn't have a chance and unfortunately for him he never had a chance.Apart from Leona and Alex, the handling and effort put into all the past x-factor winners has been really poor. No wonder they flop when they are not given the right investment from the start.

The X factor is all about ratings, and lucrative phone ins and massive single sales that bring in the ££££.

The artists are (in the main) expendible...:(
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt even know he had an album out next month. the way he has been treated by Syco is appalling. I will definitely look out for the album regardless, as i like Shayne
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't have an album next month. They are trying to get a single out for radio in Sept so the album will be out in Oct early NOV.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    He doesn't have an album next month. They are trying to get a single out for radio in Sept so the album will be out in Oct early NOV.
    How long have they been putting his album back for now? 18months? He must be tearing his hair out poor guy.

Is he actually doing any gigs these days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It would make sense to push back the release if he is scheduled to perform on the X Factor. If not, they are stitching him up big time, but until then, we can't be sure, and can hope for his sake that they are planning a relaunch for him.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they release in Oct/Nov, he'll have even less of a chance, all the big hitters will be coming out in the last quarter.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the forgotten man it seems!
    Forum Member
    Information picked up from Ustream that Shayne did recently:

He is doing a photo shoot in 3 weeks time:p

Album is looking likely for November, single beforehand.

Maybe, just maybe - the forgotten man is coming back into the frame:)

I desperately hope that is the case. He's a hellish singer/performer that we've been deprived of for way too long:(:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really? I'll believe it when I see it..

I know I have critisized Shayne's drive in one of my many threads about him, but I think I'll take that back. This feels like a DIY job.. with Shayne DIYing.
    Forum Member
    Yep really! I can understand your questioning with all the push backs :(

You mention DIY - if Shayne wasn't using Twitter and Ustreaming from time to time you could easily be excused into thinking he'd vanished off the face of the earth as far as Sony are concerned :mad::mad:
    You've got to give him 10/10 for effort:)

Personally I wish he'd broken away from them along time ago(if that could've been an option??) He has so much potential that has been left dormant for too long. You never see any concerts advertised anywhere. Least not as far as I'm aware?? It's as if his label have hoped that if he wasn't seen/heard people would forget about him. For what reason I cannot for the life of me fathom out as his music sells well as do his tours :confused::confused:
    Business is business at the end of the day!

He still has lots of fans just waiting for new material to hit the shelves so if that's been Sony's ploy - it hasn't worked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how many of his fans has he still got tho? Many have probably understandably moved on and forgotten about him.

There seems to be no attempt at building a buzz from Sony. He needs to be seen from the begining of August if his single is out Oct/Sept.

And I thought that he will be doing outdoor concerts/gigs?:rolleyes:
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how many of his fans has he still got tho? Many have probably understandably moved on and forgotten about him.

There seems to be no attempt at building a buzz from Sony. He needs to be seen from the begining of August if his single is out Oct/Sept.

Has he been seen at any gigs or festivals??? He should have got himself out there and even done some impromtu stuff. If he can't take charge of his own career to a cetain extent he's got no hope.
    Forum Member

If you look at the various social networking sites still alot kicking about. That said,sure there'll have been a percentage that have fallen by the way side. Some may well reappear.

I thought so to but nope so far. I have read somewhere whatever the label says goes so all I can presume is they don't want him out and about! Mystery all round really!:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxy16 wrote: »

He still has lots of fans just waiting for new material to hit the shelves so if that's been Sony's ploy - it hasn't worked.

Are you sure about that? I never hear anyone so much as mention his name anywhere but online. I think in the "real world" he's been very much forgotten.

I can't see who would take a look at his album and be motivated to buy it if he does release one, when it's been so long coming most people wouldn't have a clue who Shayne Ward is.
    Forum Member
    All I can comment on is what I see online:eek:

There needs to be alot of promotion - you can have the best "product" going but unless enough people are aware of it then it's a tad pointless!

I'd like to see Sony do their best for Shayne. He deserves it in my opinion. A very talented young man and still has a heck of alot to offer:p
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a bit surprised that in 2005 there was just I think 2% in it between Andy and Shayne in the final!
  • OG48OG48 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new blog from shayne http://bit.ly/dAuytn
    Forum Member
    Starting to move in the right direction. The site looks more colourful instead of the drab grey they used before:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link to his blog:)
    Forum Member
    Seen on Shaynes site that he's off for the photoshoot tomorrow - he's heading to LA for it:)