Options

Worst Final Ever?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
Forum Member
Is it just me or is there no 'excitement' in this years final - acts are pretty average - Matt Cardle's always moody and never smiles - Rebecca's so boring - One Direction are probably the most exciting out of the lot - and Cher Lloyd - well she's Cher Lloyd and now given her marching orders! the guests acts were 'average' - even the guest performances were nothing as amazing as say George Michael and Paul McCartney last year! I wonder what tonights show has up it's sleeve to compensate for this lousy final.

And WHERE'S THE CHRISTMAS TREES?!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel very "meh" this year...
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZZZZzzzzzzzzz...... eh.... oh sorry yeah I agree....zzzzzz:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Im not really bothered in watching tonight..But its fun reading peoples stuff later lol
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final three are possibly the worst final three we've ever had:

Matt - Moody, big head who sings like a girl.
    Rebecca - Shy, quiet bore.
    One Direction - Manufactured mimers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    The final three are possibly the worst final three we've ever had:

Matt - Moody, big head who sings like a girl.
    Rebecca - Shy, quiet bore.
    One Direction - Manufactured mimers.

i quite agree there, especially Matt :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite excited, just because the possibility of Matt and Dannii winning seems achievable!! Go Team Matogue!!
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    I'm quite excited, just because the possibility of Matt and Dannii winning seems achievable!! Go Team Matogue!!
    :D

I'm going to enjoy it (as my services suggest ;)) just wish Aiden had been there instead of 1 (the act that never even entered the competition) Direction.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    pv77 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there no 'excitement' in this years final - acts are pretty average - Matt Cardle's always moody and never smiles - Rebecca's so boring - One Direction are probably the most exciting out of the lot - and Cher Lloyd - well she's Cher Lloyd and now given her marching orders! the guests acts were 'average' - even the guest performances were nothing as amazing as say George Michael and Paul McCartney last year! I wonder what tonights show has up it's sleeve to compensate for this lousy final.

And WHERE'S THE CHRISTMAS TREES?!

I think the Christmas trees quit because Brian Friedman wanted them to prance across the stage, bumping and grinding each other and feeling each others' boobs, and they have far too much self-respect for that. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher would of livened up the final. I for one won't be watching
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    :D

I'm going to enjoy it (as my services suggest ;)) just wish Aiden had been there instead of 1 (the act that never even entered the competition) Direction.

I'm going to enjoy it too, I think it's great that we have three VERY different acts this year and it could be one of the best finals!! Aww, and the lovely Aiden... you are so right, he should be there!! :(

Whoever wins though, there will never be another Leona... just had to make that point!! :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a very slight improvement of last year for me but still as dull as ditchwater
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always find the finals to be pretty crap as the acts I like tend to be long gone and I just don't care what happens. I still think Series 2 had the worst final though- I don't think I even watched it as the acts bored me that much.

Matt is clearly still ill and unable to perform to his best.
    Rebecca completely flopped last night- first song was a terrible choice and the duet was a disaster.
    One Direction were also bland- even by their standards.
    Cher was alright, but they were clearly trying very hard to secure her votes and she shouldn't have been there anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just find the "hype" to this years final is nothing as previous years.

The finalist aside - the guests acts are "average". There's no big names to be seen! Big let down.

And the lack of the christmas spirit brings the entire show down!
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    If 1 Direction win they will certainly be the worst singers ever to win the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last years was horrific, it's difficult to say which is worst, poo or vomit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just read that take that are due to perform on tonight show... big deal?!?!! they've already appeared on this years show! this entire season of x factor has been a let down. simon cowell's mind is surely set on his american dream of the show and letting the brits down!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thing for me was it didn't feel like final last night, it felt like just other week, they didn't perform their audition songs or favorite song of the series, it was a new song and a duet. Even tonight Matt is (apparently) doing another new song.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two years running I would say : no star quality or wow factor.

My own theory is that Cowell won't let exciting singers onto his show for fear of upsetting the balance of the soap opera.Can you imagine if there was an outstanding singer who was head and shoulders above all the finalists? It would completely destroy the show as a spectacle as far as Cowell would be concerned and drive voting revenue down (which shows it's no talent search at all).
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm halfway through last night's show at the moment and the first performances were pretty dire.

Matt's voice is still very strained and he's clearly still having problems - not his fault
    Rebecca was OK for most of it but still tends to sing under the note
    Wand Erection were horrendous, Harry's final wailing vocal proving that actually they should mime for the whole song and not just 80% of it
    Cher was probably the best in terms of performance but she is still a terrible singer and just can't shake off the fact that she is the show's "brat"
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very dull final IMHO.

I personally couldn't give a damn who won it.

I've never felt like that before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very dull final IMHO.

I personally couldn't give a damn who won it.

I've never felt like that before.

agreed - shame wagner isn't still in the competition - then i wouldn't be feeling this way!
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    No worse than last year's IMO.
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with most of the sentiments here. We're scraping the bottom of the talent barrel if this is the best we can find out of all the contestants who entered.

The sad thing is, I can't think of anybody else who I thought was any better since the auditions began - maybe Aiden before he went all maudlin and weird, and one of the girls who didn't make it through the judges' houses stage - can't remember her name, only that she had freckles (!) but she was very good, oh and Gamu of course, who moved me to tears with her boot camp song.

The very worst thing for me this year has been the mentors, who all seem to have lost their (a) hearing and (b) balls to enable them to speak the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lorry wrote: »
    The very worst thing for me this year has been the mentors, who all seem to have lost their (a) hearing and (b) balls to enable them to speak the truth.

Simon has gone VERY soft this year. Even on Wagner!
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pv77 wrote: »
    Simon has gone VERY soft this year. Even on Wagner!

TBF, he wanted Wagner on the show.

Wagner would not have got anywhere near the live shows if $imon didn't want him there.