Options

Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy you are like the Jeremy Clarkson of DS :D

lol, :D I do like to keep you all informed about the wheels he uses Betty.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, :D I do like to keep you all informed about the wheels he uses Betty.

I have a little punto .. Nothing fancy but it gets me to and from where I want to go ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a little punto .. Nothing fancy but it gets me to and from where I want to go ;)

Not a bad little car, the Punto Betty. :) I had one years ago, but it had to go as it had no air-con. I can not do without air-con in any car. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad little car, the Punto Betty. :) I had one years ago, but it had to go as it had no air-con. I can not do without air-con in any car. :cool:

Oooh you are posh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh you are posh

:cool: Only in the air-con department Betty. I drive a tiny little Suzuki, but it does have air-con (it doesn't have much else mind you) :cry:
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I haven't got round to watching last night's show so not sure if "shy, retiring" Emily was featured much but at a guess I'd say she was.
    With regards to her & Pete's relationship, obviously his & KPs relationship wasn't the most healthy but IMO there was something about it even if it was purely physical, there was a bit of passion etc. With PA & Emily all I've seen is a big fat ball of nothingness & they both look bored rigid with each other.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got round to watching last night's show so not sure if "shy, retiring" Emily was featured much but at a guess I'd say she was.
    With regards to her & Pete's relationship, obviously his & KPs relationship wasn't the most healthy but IMO there was something about it even if it was purely physical, there was a bit of passion etc. With PA & Emily all I've seen is a big fat ball of nothingness & they both look bored rigid with each other.

I caught 2 seconds of Loose Women at lunch yesterday - not really listening admittedly - but did catch Pete reassure us that although he and the kids are filmed all day some days, sometimes, it's only three or four hours a day...phew!:rolleyes: I have also noticed that he bats away any indepth discussion on Emily with the same phrase over and over in different interviews "she's amazing" without a shed of emotion. Any one else notice that?

From Popbitch yesterday:
    >> Yes, we CAN! <<
    What Ortise has in store

When Oritse from JLS burst into
    tears on Alan Carr's show last week
    everyone assumed it was because his
    band was splitting up. But perhaps
    there's more to it - as Peter Andre
    seems to have revealed: "Oritse
    Williams is now being managed by
    Claire Powell, who manages me, and
    I know she's got lots of exciting
    stuff lined up for him."

So, endless OK! photoshoots, pretend
    dates or nights out with Claire's
    other clients (e.g. Lizzie Cundy,
    Peter Andre, Amy Childs) and fake
    feuds with other celeb columnists.
    Christ. No wonder he started blubbing
    .:D
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she did feature prominently and there will no doubt be all sorts of comments coming up so I won't pre-empt them. He talked a little in the last episode about the difficulty in making the transition from best friends to lovers. It's not easy but if it's a success then you often have a very strong relationship because you know each other really well and don't have to play mind games. He is very hands off during filming while she's more tactile but they're usually either with the children or other people so I think that's understandable - he's 40 not a hormonal teenager so perhaps he'd rather keep that side of things behind closed doors. The latest news with the move to Oz is that her parents are considering relocating with them so they're clearly thinking long term. But I know nothing is likely to convince the doubters so I'll say no more - time will tell :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I caught 2 seconds of Loose Women at lunch yesterday - not really listening admittedly - but did catch Pete reassure us that although he and the kids are filmed all day some days, sometimes, it's only three or four hours a day...phew!:rolleyes: I have also noticed that he bats away any indepth discussion on Emily with the same phrase over and over in different interviews "she's amazing" without a shed of emotion. Any one else notice that?

.:D

Oh for goodness sake, sometimes it's only 3 or 4 hours a day, that's OK then! Does that man ever sit down & think it can't possibly be healthy for kids to have cameras follow their every move? Of course he doesn't as yet again he proves nothing comes before fame not even his own children.
    In my opinion his & Emily's relationship is quite simply fake.
    From Popbitch yesterday:

Nice one from Popbitch:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Yes she did feature prominently and there will no doubt be all sorts of comments coming up so I won't pre-empt them. He talked a little in the last episode about the difficulty in making the transition from best friends to lovers. It's not easy but if it's a success then you often have a very strong relationship because you know each other really well and don't have to play mind games. He is very hands off during filming while she's more tactile but they're usually either with the children or other people so I think that's understandable - he's 40 not a hormonal teenager so perhaps he'd rather keep that side of things behind closed doors. The latest news with the move to Oz is that her parents are considering relocating with them so they're clearly thinking long term. But I know nothing is likely to convince the doubters so I'll say no more - time will tell :)

I totally understand the lack of touchy feely stuff around the children but there's just something in my opinion that doesn't ring true with this relationship. Maybe I'm wrong & as you say time will tell.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, it's a shame he couldn't have realised this when he was dry humping Pwiccceeeee, simulating oral sex and generally acting like a dog on heat. I personally think that was more 'the real Pete' than the restrained gentleman he is portraying himself as now.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't really understand all this Australia stuff. Princess is 6 - she's going to need parenting for another 10 to 13 years - and that's if she needs no help at university...that's 17 years plus. We all have long term dreams but you can't plan more than a decade ahead, especially if you have children and work in a fickle industry and you've only been dating someone a few months. Not meaning to bring her into it - but if KP started to make plans with Kevin to move to LA - so much so that they have had the discussion with his parents - people would have her guts for garters for planning to ditch her children to paradise and a toyboy. I don't really understand what's going on here. :confused:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, sometimes it's only 3 or 4 hours a day, that's OK then! Does that man ever sit down & think it can't possibly be healthy for kids to have cameras follow their every move? Of course he doesn't as yet again he proves nothing comes before fame not even his own children.
    In my opinion his & Emily's relationship is quite simply fake.
    From Popbitch yesterday:

Nice one from Popbitch:D

Ok, JMO here, but it's not fake. Well, not in the sense that it's not real, that is. It is real, it's just that it doesn't have any spark. PA I think unwittingly said it perfectly last night when he was talking about her, that she's great company because she just goes with the flow. His flow. Unobtrusive, gets on with everyone, no drama, no tension, but also, not a hint of chemistry or passion. The fact he praises her so much - she's wonderful, she's amazing, she's this, she's that - rather than suggesting he's in love with her, sounds far more like him trying to reassure himself that she's perfect for him, and therefore that should be enough. And maybe it is. Or maybe it is for the moment...

No point comparing it with what went before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Ok, JMO here, but it's not fake. Well, not in the sense that it's not real, that is. It is real, it's just that it doesn't have any spark. PA I think unwittingly said it perfectly last night when he was talking about her, that she's great company because she just goes with the flow. His flow. Unobtrusive, gets on with everyone, no drama, no tension, but also, not a hint of chemistry or passion. The fact he praises her so much - she's wonderful, she's amazing, she's this, she's that - rather than suggesting he's in love with her, sounds far more like him trying to reassure himself that she's perfect for him, and therefore that should be enough. And maybe it is. Or maybe it is for the moment...

No point comparing it with what went before.

Fair points Lexi.
    I just get the feeling he needs a relationship to help complete the new wholesome image for his Reality Show & Emily totally fitted the bill but I can't help but think if he was "John the Plumber from down the road" she wouldn't be in his radar, though I daresay the same applies for her so in my mind makes what they have as fake.
    However I completely agree that she does appear to be very easy company, no dramas etc & this is probably excellent in relationships that have past the honeymoon period but the lack of passion, chemistry at this relatively early stage just makes me think it's not at all what it's cracked up to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexi
    From what you say about Emily ..she is "safe" not the type he likes but the type he thinks fits in with the image he is portraying on tv .. After a while for a man like Peter "safe" will become boring

Disclaimer: I am not saying Emily isn't a nice person..from what I have read she is ..
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, it's a shame he couldn't have realised this when he was dry humping Pwiccceeeee, simulating oral sex and generally acting like a dog on heat. I personally think that was more 'the real Pete' than the restrained gentleman he is portraying himself as now.

It depends what you find normal I suppose - perhaps he looks back on that behaviour now and cringes. From comments he's made on the show, he seems very conscious that Emily's parents and family watch and so he wants to appear a 'gentleman' out of respect for them. From last weeks episode he seems in much more of a hurry to marry than she is. He's let down his barriers with Emily and also allowed her to become very close to his kids and extended family so it must be a concern that if she does bail out on him that more people than himself are going to be hurt.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, sometimes it's only 3 or 4 hours a day, that's OK then!

What they dont say is thats all legally they can get away with - strict laws on filming kids. They will be classed as child actors if they are appearing in his show.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What they dont say is thats all legally they can get away with - strict laws on filming kids. They will be classed as child actors if they are appearing in his show.

Unless it has changed very recently, no, they are not. Children in "reality" shows are not covered by the same restrictions and protections as child models and performers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it has changed very recently, no, they are not. Children in "reality" shows are not covered by the same restrictions and protections as child models and performers.

Do the kids get paid for being in Peters show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Princess thinks Emily is the bees knees.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexi
    From what you say about Emily ..she is "safe" not the type he likes but the type he thinks fits in with the image he is portraying on tv .. After a while for a man like Peter "safe" will become boring

Disclaimer: I am not saying Emily isn't a nice person..from what I have read she is ..

I'm sorry BB, but how do you know WHAT his type is?!

You don't watch the show so don't see them together but claim "she is not the type he likes". Do you know him that well or is this just your opinion?

I doubt very much you or anyone on this forum actually "know" what type of women he likes these days.

And again, how do you know what type of man he is just by reading things in newspapers/ magazines or what some people type on a forum?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    I'm sorry BB, but how do you know WHAT his type is?!

You don't watch the show so don't see them together but claim "she is not the type he likes". Do you know him that well or is this just your opinion?

I doubt very much you or anyone on this forum actually "know" what type of women he likes these days.

And again, how do you know what type of man he is just by reading things in newspapers/ magazines or what some people type on a forum?

I know this wasn't aimed at me so, apologies, but IMHO, none of us know 'what he is really like'; however, we can gleam a fairly good idea from his show where he endlessly permeates himself into the public consciousness. There is also his magazine column and all his other media soundbites. I assume if he didn't want people to talk about him he would withdraw from such endeavours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat
    I can form an opinion of what I've seen of him in the past shows he did with Katie... He likes ladies who are loud ,brash etc ..I.e. Katie Price ..
    Take a look at the women he has dated..even the ones he smuggled in by van ...
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat
    I can form an opinion of what I've seen of him in the past shows he did with Katie... He likes ladies who are loud ,brash etc ..I.e. Katie Price ..
    Take a look at the women he has dated..even the ones he smuggled in by van ...

the word being "dated" though BB, maybe he has actually grown up a bit and realised that loud brash women are actually not healthy for him or his kids and moved on (and do him more harm than good).

we just don't know. I think, like most men, it's taken him a while to figure out that some relationships with certain types of women can be very toxic and bad for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope his relationship does work for him.. But I will still pass comments and I'm not the only one who thinks that this relationship lacks a certain spark...
This discussion has been closed.