World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXV (Spoilers)

1507508509510511513»

Comments

• AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I'm quite fan of Bryan Alvarez's stuff so I'll definitely get that and probably the Titan Sinking one too. Not a huge ECW fan (I like the idea of it but not necessarily the product) but the backstage stories will probably be interesting nevertheless.

It can be quite difficult to find wrestling books that are any good and aren't just full of BS.

Lol, no realllllllllllllly?! :D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Lol, no realllllllllllllly?! :D

Is that meant to be some sort of joke?

Because it was so bad that I'll have to give it MINUS! FIVE! STARS!
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    New article on WWE.com - The 10 best TLC Matches in WWE history:

I agree with number 1, that was an awesome match. :cool:

Agree with number one too, but number two is absolutely ridiculous! It was a good match but nowhere near the second best ever. I guess HHH just has to be high up the list though. :p
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved NXT Takeover last night, some fantastic matches.
    Cory Graves who I thought he was fired a while back did a great job commentating too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that meant to be some sort of joke?

Because it was so bad that I'll have to give it MINUS! FIVE! STARS!

Youre about as subtle a bryan alvarez guy as i am a jericho guy.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    The Death of WCW? I sat for over an hour while Vince Russo interviewed RD Reynolds on Skype and apart from childish laughing every 2 minutes in Vince's face being completely disrespectful to him, he could back very little of what was in the book up.

He didn't know what to say when Russo asked him how he knew WCW lost the millions they supposedly did in the final years of the company when no one else did, not even Russo had access to any financial documents, his answer was Dave Meltzer told him, the same Dave Meltzer that told everyone in 1999 2 years prior he was never watching wrestling again after the This is Your Life segment with Rock and Mick......which ended up drawing 8.0 rating and Dave Meltzer couldn't show him paperwork, just a phonecall with Dave giving you a number was enough to claim it as 'fact' in the book lol. So when you speak to Dave on the phone and Dave can't give you any proof of what he is saying you just claim it as fact in the book. So much of the interview was Russo telling him he should not have claimed it all as fact but should have used phrases like "In my opinion", "Many people think that". You don't claim all that stuff as fact without even speaking to anyone working in the company or getting your facts right.

And after an hour of Vince Russo constantly bringing up the age difference between the two of them and how RD is making himself look in front of everyone, a grown man laughing at an even older man without answering the questions properly RD lets slip that he takes his kids to church lol. It's like a parent telling their child off and the child laughing in your face. Don't draw on the wall with that crayon! Then the kid just keeps doing it. I think there is something wrong with RD Reynolds mentally, it's like a big buffoon lol. Like one of those men you see in their 40's but they have the mind of a 15 year old, big gentle giants that just don't know any better.

He also lets slip that he doesn't make a living from Wrestlecrap or the book, he works a day time job too so basically by the end of it what you have is this big middle aged bald man, like a big kid really, who's claimed so much lies in that book, when Russo fires back the real facts at him he sits and giggles like a big kid, like a big kid that's got learning difficulties, giggling and the big squeeky voice, he can't speak like a normal person or have a grown up person and Russo basically forgives him at the end and holds the book up to the camera and tells people to go buy it to support RD Reynolds even though he's just spent over an hour discrediting tons of stuff in the book lol and the guy that wrote it, sitting on camera for the world to see couldn't even answer back properly and stand up for the book he wrote. You would think if he wrote it and is selling a 10th Anniversary of the book he would at least be able to defend what he wrote in it. He also admitted in the book that he never spoke to Vince Russo or Eric Bischoff or anyone involved with the company when he wrote it but claims there are quotes in the book from these people. Russo made him look like a fool when he got him to admit on camera he never spoke to Russo when he worked in WCW or when he sat down to write the book 10 years ago.........it just made the guy look like a complete fool. The bit with the kids was priceless though cause Russo is into all that Christian stuff and RD knew the act was up and became very sombre and stopped laughing everytime Russo spoke and I think he knew himself he exposed parts of his real life for the world to see and he acted and treated Russo badly and it's all on camera for everyone to see and hear.

ANd that's how i think most dirtsheet writers are. Like big kids. BIg 40 yea old men that work day jobs and they still believe wrestling is real. They still think it's a big deal and they make these stories up every day and they tell lies and Dave Meltzer who is a joke now anyway, he's been treated as a joke for many years now, no one believes a word out of his mouth anyway. If he told you it was raining outside would you claim that as fact too? And what Russo said about that book is true for their websites, there is no facts or paperwork or any kind of proof at all for anything that is said. They should learn that lesson and start using phrases like

"I think...."

"In my opinion this will happen on Sunday..."

"I was told but can't confirm..."

But they wont do it and the gullible will continue to buy into it.

Welcome to DigitalSpy, Mr. Russo.
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz in "Overlong post sucking up to Vince Russo" SHOCKER.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Welcome to DigitalSpy, Mr. Russo.

(Thanks Mr Alvarez)

:D:D:D
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    (Thanks Mr Alvarez)

:D:D:D

Hello AJ. Still scraping the barrel. FMKK getting your trolling now I see. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Hello AJ. Still scraping the barrel. FMKK getting your trolling now I see. :D

Haha im not scraping the barrel anymore with this im scraping the pavement below the barrel now.
  • DefyTheOddsDefyTheOdds Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Just watched NXT show and compared to normal WWE it was a breath of fresh air. Enjoyed it so much even though I hardly knew anyone, had no background to any fueds (the commentators did a great job with that though) it was just a really enjoyable show.

Finn Balor has potential with that look I don't know if he has the mic skills to back it up and will improve with experience in the ring. They look to have decided with Owens to take the interest and use it instead of letting it simmer or overdoing it, looks to be a really interesting prospect.

the two tag teams put on a fun match Lucha Dragons seem to be the Usos of NXT high flying fan friendly interactive style not sure if it would transfer over to the main roster though and if I was in charge I would make whoever is booking the main roster divas watch that match and challenge them to show them something better they have produced in the last year because it was probably the best divas match I have ever seen.

with the main event stars they are both ready for the main roster but I hope they don't get promoted, I have zero faith that they wouldn't be buried within 12 months and either back on NXT or worse jobbing out on the mid to lower roster. Its great to know that someone somewhere knows how to put on a good wrestling show. now just to give it time to sort out the main roster (if possible)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with number 1, that was an awesome match. :cool:

Those teams were great together, so many great matches.
  • Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Face, but she only turned relatively recently.

The crowd made it hard to tell who was the face yesterday, a lot of respect for Sasha. Also respect for the writers too all matches won cleanly no need for run ins (would have been easy to book the Divas with a Becky / Bayley influence).,

And I echo DefyTheOdds there's a whole lot of me who doesn't want some of these guys and ladies called up until something changes on the main shows to allow them to put on what they did last night. I don't see NXT as the developmental show I see it as the wrestling show at the minute.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cena on Smackdown. Did he think it was Monday?:D
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Ambrose vs. Wyatt at TLC but I think Dean needs the win the most out of the two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dude the ambrrose wyatt feud is so lame. Both guys struggling. Maybe its the wyatt factorr, anything hes involved in sinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Phillips is annoying on commentary again. :(
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to Ambrose vs. Wyatt at TLC but I think Dean needs the win the most out of the two.

Hmmmm Im also looking forward to that match I like both guys but I dunno who I want to win or who I think is gonna win that match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is this storyline with The Miz and Naomi leading to a Maryse return?
    Forum Member
    Tom Phillips is annoying on commentary again. :(

Nothing changes then is Smackdown in the right running order this week:D?
    Forum Member
    Dude the ambrrose wyatt feud is so lame. Both guys struggling. Maybe its the wyatt factorr, anything hes involved in sinks.

TBH I blame John Cena for the way he buried Bray in their feud I still enjoy Brays promos but imo he still hasnt been the same since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't like Luke Harper's theme song but i do like Erick Rowan's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those teams were great together, so many great matches.

I liked all the major Tag Teams teams during 1999-2001 they we're awesome:

The Dudley Boyz.
    Edge & Christian.
    The Hardy Boyz.
    The Brothers of Destruction.
    New Age Outlaws.
    The Acolytes/APA.
    The Rock N' Sock Connection.

Continued here: World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)
This discussion has been closed.