GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Innocent until proven guilty.

And until then the thread will most likely be deleted anyway...
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These people wait for years and creep out of the woodwork. It's awlful. See what Paul Gambuccini had to go through,.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Innocent until proven guilty.

And until then the thread will most likely be deleted anyway...

Why it's across the news?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

The news won't start making allegations against him.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

Because the news are (usually...) more responsible and less libelous than DSers.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Because the news are (usually...) more responsible and less libelous than DSers.

Already one fan in GD thinks he's guilty, DS doesn't do "both sides" and "impartial"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been quite secretive, but I wonder why now the police have released a statement saying it's increased with more allegations. This is why know one should be named. Cause we all know what will happen now it will blow into a big story and all dirt dug up.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not The Shadows too?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been quite secretive, but I wonder why now the police have released a statement saying it's increased with more allegations. This is why know one should be named. Cause we all know what will happen now it will blow into a big story and all dirt dug up.

i think its a lets publicise it again to see if any more people come forward before we drop the case , out of sight, out of mind
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These people wait for years and creep out of the woodwork. It's awlful. See what Paul Gambuccini had to go through,.
    The alleged victims are also innocent of making false accusations until proven guilty. Rather than 'creeping out of the woodwork', they could be victims of sexual assault. Nice to see the usual DS attitude to possible victims in action, whilst purporting to take the high moral ground. That's not neutrality.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member

Could be in response to yesterday's report?
    Police should not have released "highly confidential" details to the BBC about a planned search of Sir Cliff Richard's home, an independent report concluded.

South Yorkshire Police "interfered with the star's privacy" by telling the broadcaster about the raid in Berkshire last August, the report said.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know if anyone made allegations in the past and were ignored like with other similar cases. So, it's a bit early to say they're suddenly crawling out of the woodwork now.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know if anyone made allegations in the past and were ignored like with other similar cases. So, it's a bit early to say they're suddenly crawling out of the woodwork now.
    Yes, that's more than possible.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police are fishing, and also trying to deflect attention from their own ineptitude.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

So a tennis racket might not be the only thing they expose then?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd just keep schtum until there is something more substantial to report, either way.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I wish they'd just keep schtum until there is something more substantial to report, either way.

i wood agree. If he's a gay paedo, then tell us. If there is no proof, SHUT IT.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    The alleged victims are also innocent of making false accusations until proven guilty. Rather than 'creeping out of the woodwork', they could be victims of sexual assault. Nice to see the usual DS attitude to possible victims in action, whilst purporting to take the high moral ground. That's not neutrality.

Agree with this, well put.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

I tend to agree. Cliff is so vehement that he is completely innocent or bang to rights. What will, perhaps temporarily, muddy the waters was that exceptionally stupid 'deal' South Yorkshire police (who, remember, have form playing fast and loose with the truth) did with the BBC to 'cover the raid' on Cliff's home. I wouldn't mind betting that the cops in South Yorkshire have taken matters personally and just don't want to lose. Eventually, it will perhaps all dribble away with Cliff being landed with unpaid parking tickets or something equally stupid.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Terrible yes, but nowhere near as bad as that wrist slitting ear bleeding Millennium Prayer Bollocks song that he made. Now that was criminal !
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    "This is an investigation which has increased significantly in size since its inception. Sir Cliff Richard's lawyers are aware that there is more than one allegation," he said in the letter. He added: "It would be premature and potentially misleading to predict a likely date when it will be concluded, however, we are progressing as swiftly as possible."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31630793

According to tonight's BBC News, there are two allegations from separate individuals which are currently being investigated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that more information has been made available, and it is being reported on the news speaks volumes.

Need to watch myself here, but I have been hearing stuff for years....bit like Jimmy Saville, first heard about what he was up to about 15 years ago...

So, either there is some substance in the allegations....and like a lot of high profile names, it will be swept under the carpet/investigated too late

OR

It is not true....if so, he should sue.

I know which one I believe...

*Expecting a ban*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    The other thing is, he is such a massive name, even more so than Rolf, Max, Glitter etc, a lot of people will not be able to accept it, if it is true. He was/still is an idol to many.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    weeblue67 wrote: »
    The other thing is, he is such a massive name, even more so than Rolf, Max, Glitter etc, a lot of people will not be able to accept it, if it is true. He was/still is an idol to many.

If he is guilty then he will be stripped of all his royalties and put in the same category as all the other perverts.