Options

Weirdest thing ever said to you?

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Juts found a group on Facebook where people have been contributing weird things that have been said to them in the past.

I'll start with two frightening ones that have been said to me by (relative) strangers.

1- "If you cut off your fringe and stuck up your hair, you'd look like a white Grace Jones".

2- "I'm not being funny but are you a Jew? You could easily pass of as a Jew".

Two isn't that strange but the "I'm not being funny..." always puzzles me.

Comments

• Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you have a big conk and look like an androgynous 'is she or isn't she lesbian' 80s icon?

:D

:o
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's your big nose
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on a bus in San Francisco (visiting friends) and a woman said to me that I was " totally channeling Jodie Foster"
    Odd
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    dylan99 wrote: »
    it's your big nose

Well I asked and she said it was more to do with my skin tone- do Jewish people have a specific skin tone?

And as for Grace Jones, they said it was down to cheekbones!

I think they were meant as compliments but were totally delivered in the strangest way!
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam-blonde wrote: »
    I was on a bus in San Francisco (visiting friends) and a woman said to me that I was " totally channeling Jodie Foster"
    Odd

Ha, you werent in sweats were you? :D
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "You sound like David Attenborough"
    "Are you two knocking knees?" asked by a land lady in Australia
    "Are you two having sexual intercourse together?" asked by a Policeman
    "What does this do?" asked by a Policeman.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got asked, in front of a crowd of people, very recently, if there was "a touch of the tar-brush" about me. My father is Italian and I have dark hair and eyes - but the phrase used sounded so insulting and so racist.
  • Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was younger, in the city centre, this bloke who was a giant of a man dressed like some viking, stomped up to me and my mates, shouted at the top of his voice "DIRTY EVIL SPIRITS" and marched away. Fook knows what that was all about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once asked if I had ever "known" a man buy a guy dressed as a fisherman who claimed to be the king of Scotland and was looking for a wife.

I also had a wierd old lady come up to me in the street and said I had "the gift".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scrappy555 wrote: »
    I was once asked if I had ever "known" a man buy a guy dressed as a fisherman who claimed to be the king of Scotland and was looking for a wife.

I also had a wierd old lady come up to me in the street and said I had "the gift".
    Oh I had a weird old lady come up to me and tell me my daughter would be fine and not to worry at all. At the time I had no daughter, just two little boys.
    I do have a daughter now and she is very sick - I sometimes wonder if the weird old lady was psychic and that my child will get well.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I was once told by a boyrfriend when I was 17 "you have beautiful big brown eyes, just like a cow" There is no answer to that!
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A woman I worked with asked me if I was gay.

When I replied I wasn't she said," No, I would know if you were gay."

If she would know then why would she ask me?

What a weird thing to say.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Weirdest thing someone ever said to me was "Johnny Depp's ok but I just don't fancy him." :eek:

Is that even humanly possible?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Weirdest thing someone ever said to me was "Johnny Depp's ok but I just don't fancy him." :eek:

Is that even humanly possible?
    No. That is just totally impossible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    A woman I worked with asked me if I was gay.

When I replied I wasn't she said," No, I would know if you were gay."

If she would know then why would she ask me?

What a weird thing to say.
    Was she one of these middle-aged motherly types who still think they've got what it takes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once told by a boyrfriend when I was 17 "you have beautiful big brown eyes, just like a cow" There is no answer to that!
    Cows do have beautiful eyes though - with lovely long lashes. He wasn't a farmer or a vet was he?
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    "Did you know you have a cat stuck under your car?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    "Can I buy a strap on and do you up the bum" ....asked by an ex girlfriend out of the blue at a party, we were talking about our favourite films at the time. Yes, EX, we weren't together at the time and I was with someone else too.

I politely declined.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my daughter was aged six, I was at at parents night meeting with her teacher, when the teacher stated '' I have never taught a six year old before that can understand and also deliver sacasam !!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I walked past a group of boys on my way to school earlier in the year. Didn't know them, to the best of memory had never spoken to them. Didn't stop one of them from talking to me.

Random boy: Have you ever seen the film Adulthood?

Me: No...

Random boy: Well, you look like the girl from Adulthood.

I had no idea which girl he was on about, and therefore no idea whether to take this as a compliment or insult, so I just sort of shrugged it off. I did later look at one of the promo posters which had two girls in it, but as one of them was black and the other was Scarlet Johnson, I'm still none the wiser.:D

I also had someone start a really random Facebook convo with me. Well, I say convo, it was more them posting a long list of sex acts that one of our mutual friends apparently wanted to do with me. My reaction was... "What the hell?...:confused:", but I managed to get my brain in gear long enough to just play along and laugh it off until she got bored, which she did quite quickly. Still clueless as to what she was trying to do, though. It was a real life Big Lipped Alligator Moment. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I was once walking through town to my place of work and a total stranger said to me:

"Tosser".

I replied: "F**k off"

The we both carried on our way :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of weeks ago a guy in a shop said "hi Alison" to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    "Let me introduce you to my friend Billy the Knife. We'd both really like to chain you to a radiator while we butt f*ck you."

Thankfully I was able to get me and my pissed friend out of that situation pretty sharpish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Cows do have beautiful eyes though - with lovely long lashes. He wasn't a farmer or a vet was he?

No, he was neither which added to my anxiety! He lived in the middle of a city, what was his interest in cows??!!! I am 47 now so that was 30 years ago I have never forgotten it, I am truly scarred by his comments. My eyes remain big, brown with long lashes though ;):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Let me introduce you to my friend Billy the Knife. We'd both really like to chain you to a radiator while we butt f*ck you."

Thankfully I was able to get me and my pissed friend out of that situation pretty sharpish.

Did this really happen though?