Helen has serious issues

2»

Comments

• Analogue110Analogue110 Posts: 3,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    She's not mentally ill for goodness sake she's just common, vulgar & a shining example of the crumbling morality in today's society.

You may well be right (about Helen) and I suppose that BB must have had all of them checked out before the start of the show.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she's mental.:)
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's bad when she's sober,but when she's had a few,she's intolerable,a really nasty drunk,it's no wonder someone gave her a punch in the nose.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not mentally ill. No sign of any first rank symptoms. However does have a complex set of personality traits, this in no way excuses her behaviour as the balance of her mind does not sufficiently disturbed to be unable to tell right from wrong. She really shouldn't drink, it allows her to vent more at her perceived enemies and thus has a deleterious effect on her own self image the next day. Then she drinks again and the same thing happens. If it's not too late then a very lengthy spell of therapy could sort out this complex character.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may well be right (about Helen) and I suppose that BB must have had all of them checked out before the start of the show.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she's mental.:)

Haha fair enough :D
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does she really!! I think she can kiss goodbye to that now. As you appear to imply, this would only add to her problems, never mind the effect on the child.

That is why Pauline gave her the free pass. Pauline was a great judge of character.;-)
  • AlanadaleAlanadale Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    cat80 wrote: »
    To react like that though to a little comment, very over the top. A quick well we are playing it anyway would have done but Helen doesn't know when to stop

Because Helen is a bully .>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more than that, and everyone in the house has picked up on it, too. She's paranoid. That doesn't have to be a medical diagnosis to be true. Being in that house has made her see a conspiracy every time she sees a conversation she's not a part of, and devote most of her time to conspiring about everyone else. She was convinced Matthew's comment about not playing the game was about her. There was no room in her mind for it to simply be him expressing embarrassment over the question just asked and answered. She seized on that handful of words and turned it into a conspiracy for people to spy on her game, hear things she said, and use them against her later.

It's not the first time she's done that. Even with the warning, it won't be the last. Imagine how much more paranoid she'd be if she didn't have that pass saving her.

I agree.Her paranoia is growing worse by the day.I really can see her falling apart in their.She's loosing it badly.I imagine if things had gone her way more we wouldn't be seeing a meltdown like this but everything is going very wrong for her and that feeds the paranoia even more.I dread to see what will happen if Ash goes on fri and more housemates start to turn on her.I can see her walking or being kicked out long before reaching the final to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone placed a bet on wether she actually makes it to the final, despite never having to go up for eviction by public vote?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    That is why Pauline gave her the free pass. Pauline was a great judge of character.;-)

I don't think the free pass was one of BB's best ideas and as Pauline (admirable and delightful as she is) is no longer there how can she be held responsible for Helens actions?

As they are all a pretty unpleasant mob it would not really matter who had got the free pass. Some nasty incident would have occurred
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I agree she is just a nasty drunk, but she is also just as nasty sober.

It is never her fault according to her, she acts appallingly, is rude, agressive, foul mouthed because no one cares about how she feels. Only when forced to admit by BB will she even start to acknowledge her behaviour.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

It is never her fault according to her, she acts appallingly, is rude, agressive, foul mouthed because no one cares about how she feels. Only when forced to admit by BB will she even start to acknowledge her behaviour.

I concur. She has shown no willingness to change of her own volition. She was angry about her first warning rather than contrite, I feel that she is probably beyond any hope of changing her actions.
  • moonlandingsmoonlandings Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen really shouldn't be in the house! She has serious issues going on she needs sorting. As soon as she has a drink she lays into whoever happens to say something she doesn't agree with and she's so rubbish with words she has to stoop to name calling and commenting on looks! Like she's perfect!

BB really need to remove her for her own safety and the other HMs. No one should fear saying something incase Helen kicks off and they become her next target

Yeah I kind of agree with this. She's so quick to comment on peoples' physical defects, as she sees them. Personal comments like that are the worst.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to lower her tone and strengthen her argument.
    Ahh, the Twins' Wisdom!! I was thinking of guru Shevonne's 'She shoulda checked herself / before she wrecked herself'. There should be a Little Book of HM's Wise Words we could consult.... Stuff like 'Know yourself, girl' [St Ashleiyne] and the contemplative 'Who's Shakespeare??' [Brian of Belo].
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen has alot of issues, at the same time she seems to kick off after drinking too much. That girl can not handle her drink.

She has a free pass to the final but i think Big Brother should get rid of that pass, she is a ticking time bomb ready to explode, and i can't see how she can last all the way till the final.

Helen being in Big Brother is not only damaging for the rest of the house, but its also very damaging for her in the long term from a Phycological point of view/

She may have a formal warning but i think Big Brother should eject her from the house, if they care about the welfare of the housemates its the right decision.

Its gone from good tv to very disturbing viewing
    Maybe Team Colleen bunged Ch 5 a wad to get Helen to publicly self-destruct--if not, she will when they send in her prossie pal. :o Not nice viewing. Helen needs to leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the free pass was one of BB's best ideas and as Pauline (admirable and delightful as she is) is no longer there how can she be held responsible for Helens actions?

As they are all a pretty unpleasant mob it would not really matter who had got the free pass. Some nasty incident would have occurred

Yet imagine if, say, Pauline had given Maaaarrrrrrrkkkkk the Free Pass and Helen the £5k....whole House would've had a totally different atmo. I blame Pauline.
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see her going the distance tbh.Reckon she will be thrown out before the end.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet imagine if, say, Pauline had given Maaaarrrrrrrkkkkk the Free Pass and Helen the £5k....whole House would've had a totally different atmo. I blame Pauline.

Oh gawd not Mark. (I'm sure he has nits)
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen really shouldn't be in the house! She has serious issues going on she needs sorting. As soon as she has a drink she lays into whoever happens to say something she doesn't agree with and she's so rubbish with words she has to stoop to name calling and commenting on looks! Like she's perfect!

BB really need to remove her for her own safety and the other HM's. No one should fear saying something incase Helen kicks off and they become her next target
    I actually feel sorry for Helen. Matthew's comments were not nice either and one thing Helen touched on was the power housemate arguments. Toya took all the flak and Matthew stood silently by and not once did he step in to help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel sorry for Helen. Matthew's comments were not nice either and one thing Helen touched on was the power housemate arguments. Toya took all the flak and Matthew stood silently by and not once did he step in to help.

"You need to calm the f**k down" What help did Toya need? She seemed quite capable of starting a row all on her own.

Clever Matthew let her dig her own grave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

Exactly. Sadly, she is very like MY mother [without the redeeming 'prossie' bit], who it seems was Born Angry with 'chips' on her shoulder--according to her lovely sisters & Mum--saw fury and Violence as her first move if anything thwarted her vision of how her ego should be placated, and became seriously physical after a few bevvies [but interestingly mostly Lager not wine or spirits--I blame Additives!]. So I view Helen from view of someone used to this behaviour pattern, but can sadly say NO amount of 'helpful' advice [seen as enemy criticism] nor living with consequences of her behaviour nor even extreme Old Age changed my mother one iota.
    So I feel maybe Helen, sadly, is in a Narcissistic brainlock which she will never be free from as she lacks the self-awareness and any desire to 'change'. She's found a Persona which easily satisfies her ego needs and she is too lazy/WILLFULLY stupid to change her behaviour even for her OWN [and her child's] good. Very sad, since with her Hair Salon she seemed to be climbing out of the wretched life situation she must've been in previously--even her desire to enter BB must've stemmed from more than mere lust for Cash, but a vision of Improving herself, her status, her legit earning opportunities, and her child's future at some level. So something's gone very wrong here beyond knocking back a few BB [restricted supply] bevvies as she was in this mode since Day 2!!
    Dreadful to watch AND ruins the experience for 15 other HMs as well as thousands of viewers. She needs to go for her own good asap. :(