Options

POLL: Rachel or Louisa?

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
Who do you reckon who was better out of Louisa and Rachel as they both danced with Vincent?

Louisa
Rachel

Comments

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm betraying one by choosing the other, I loved both!

But I'm gonna go for Louisa. Just because I have such fond memories of her Jive and her bubbly personality. That was the year I got into Strictly properly and it was because of Louisa & Vincent.

Rachel was a slightly better dancer though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rachel ahead.......just for me.:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Rachel ahead.......just for me.:D:D:D:D:D

I feel better now they have a vote each! :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Wow Tall Paul, you really are obsessed with polls aren't you!

Anyway, Rachel gets my vote :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow Tall Paul, you really are obsessed with polls aren't you!

Anyway, Rachel gets my vote :)

Too much?
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    These are two of my all-time faves. Loved Louisa's paso, but loved Rachel's tango to the Eurythmics' Here Comes The Rain even more. On balance I probably warmed to Louisa's character more but thought Rachel's dancing had the edge. Very close, though. I wanted both of them to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These are two of my all-time faves. Loved Louisa's paso, but loved Rachel's tango to the Eurythmics' Here Comes The Rain even more. On balance I probably warmed to Louisa's character more but thought Rachel's dancing had the edge. Very close, though. I wanted both of them to win.

too right, Vincent was a lucky man.:)
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Louisa for me. Rachel came accross as nice, but incredibly dull, whereas Louisa had personality and fire which is so much more fun to watch than soulless technical perfection.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel, I felt she was a better dancer.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louisa for me.

Rachel was technically great, there's no denying that, but her Latin dances (save for the Rumba) did absolutely nothing for me. Gorgeous ballroom, though.

Louisa was just wonderful all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gav016 wrote: »
    Louisa for me. Rachel came accross as nice, but incredibly dull, whereas Louisa had personality and fire which is so much more fun to watch than soulless technical perfection.

Louisa is more of a diva, where as Rachel is more your girl next door type.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For personality in dancing, Louisa. For technicality, Rachel. It's when the two are combined that you get the perfect dancer for me and while I loved Louisa and admired Rachel, I never thought either managed to make that combination. But put them together and you've got the perfect dancer :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For personality in dancing, Louisa. For technicality, Rachel. It's when the two are combined that you get the perfect dancer for me and while I loved Louisa and admired Rachel, I never thought either managed to make that combination. But put them together and you've got the perfect dancer :p

do you agree with my above post?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you agree with my above post?:)
    Lol, the diva v girl next door? Well sort of but I never got the diva vibe from lovely Louisa. She always came across as far too shy to be a diva - she really was lovely and sweet and a natural dancer. Rachel was a little quiet so yeah, I could see her as the girl next door type :)
  • Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Sid - soooo difficult to decide between them.

Louisa's jive is just classic - I was so excited to see them do this on the live tour.

Rachel was just amazing - I loved every dance she and Vincent did.

I think if I HAD to choose between Louisa and Rachel - I would choose Vincent :D He really knows how to get the best from his partners and he had two amazing partnerships here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a really difficult one for me as well. I absolutely loved the relationship that Louisa and Vincent had and that joy that she got from dancing with him.

I'd have to agree that Rachel was the better dancer - it's a pity that people didn't take to her. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    This is a really difficult one for me as well. I absolutely loved the relationship that Louisa and Vincent had and that joy that she got from dancing with him.

I'd have to agree that Rachel was the better dancer - it's a pity that people didn't take to her. :(

interesting to know who had the most call count of the two.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel. Really loved her dancing, and thought it was a great shame that she didn't win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    louise81 wrote: »
    Rachel. Really loved her dancing, and thought it was a great shame that she didn't win.

mind you Tom is a nice guy, so no ill feelings.:)
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louisa hands down :D Although Rachel was good and had some beautiful ballroom performances (and Rumba), I found her lacking in personality and didn't really take to her partnership with Vincent. Plus in the year Rachel was competing I was an Austin/Erin fan (yes they were robbed :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel! I've been watching her dances back this week and they stand the test of time, they really do. Anyone who wants to remind themselves should watch her rumba, waltz, AT, foxtrot, tango and AS version 2. Real standout dances and it shows how inspired Vincent can be when he has a capable partner. Fingers crossed he gets someone good next year - all the ITT stuff he does has been good etc. but he's at his best on the dancefloor and with a chance to do some beautiful choreography.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Rachel! I've been watching her dances back this week and they stand the test of time, they really do. Anyone who wants to remind themselves should watch her rumba, waltz, AT, foxtrot, tango and AS version 2. Real standout dances and it shows how inspired Vincent can be when he has a capable partner. Fingers crossed he gets someone good next year - all the ITT stuff he does has been good etc. but he's at his best on the dancefloor and with a chance to do some beautiful choreography.

fingers crossed that Vincent gets a better student for next year.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fingers crossed that Vincent gets a better student for next year.:)

I agree, he's due a really good one next series.

Vincent did very well with Natalie who wasn't a naturally gifted dancer. I'm not sure any other pro could have got her into the final five.

He and Tina would have made a good team this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I agree, he's due a really good one next year.

Vincent did very well with Natalie who wasn't a naturally gifted partner. I'm not sure any other pro could have got her into the final five.

He and Tina would have made a good team this year.

but it's the producers decisions who goes with who.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Rachel for being a better dancer and ... lets be honest, hotter. Sorry for the vulgarity but I have drunk a bassoonload of alcohol tonight. :o