The reason Pav is not trusted

2»

Comments

• Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think they are so paranoid because of what the old HMs said that they see the crowd booing as proof that they were telling the truth about Pav

I kind of get that but when did they ever really care for the opinions of Danielle & Matthew whilst they were in the house? That's what's bugging me about that!
    Perhaps because they heard a reaction to him before they had a chance to get to know him? With all the others, the reactions were some time in.

Perhaps but you would still think it would cause them to pause for a little thought there
    Don't ask me hunnybun. I am as mystified as you are. :)

I need to lie back down :D
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    wotnot wrote: »
    I don't get why the public hate him though.

I think it's a bit like what happens on here - if your favoured HM dislike someone you have to dislike them too by default. I guess there were fans out there who's own particular favourite dislikes Pav so there fore they HAVE to dislike them too.

A lot of people do not have minds of their own.
  • Options
    Silver RiverSilver River Posts: 1,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why none of the HM's have thought to question the ex-HM's motivation for pointing the finger of suspicion at the newbies? Surely they can't ignore the fact that Danielle's eviction was solely down to Pav and Zoe and therefore she may be harbouring feelings of bitterness and resentment?
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I wonder why none of the HM's have thought to question the ex-HM's motivation for pointing the finger of suspicion at the newbies? Surely they can't ignore the fact that Danielle's eviction was solely down to Pav and Zoe and therefore she may be harbouring feelings of bitterness and resentment?

I know. You would think so wouldn't you?
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I keep asking myself this ... then I have to slap myself and remind myself that to do this, would require a brain and a little logical, rational thought. And here lies the problem ;-)
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    And to my face no doubt. Bring it on. I hope you had your oats today because I am in one of those moods. >:( grrrr :D

You go get 'em tiger. Grrrrrrr! :D

But not me please...I beg for mercy as I already have enough internet detractors as it is! :(:p
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well quite. They were booing him before he had time to make any sort of delivery. I don't understand the crowd reaction either. But I can well see how from inside the house it will be interpreted as him doing something bad. So many times we have seen the house jump to wrong conclusions from misinterpreting the public. But the public reaction has me baffled too.

Did they see his VT? That, or the HMs behaviour on the way in (remember Anthony Hutton), are what usually account for the crowd response. In any, quite a few HMs are booed on their way in; it's not normally treated as a mystery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. You would think so wouldn't you?

Perhaps the HM's have found it more convenient not to? The distrust of the newbies seems to have united the originals, (perhaps temporarily), and given them easy targets to nominate.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems very clear to me that the comments from Matthew and Danielle are the reason Pav is not trusted. I'm absolutely flummoxed by the extensive discussions about race, about Chris being 'creepy' and possessive of Ashleigh, about Mark being 'threatened' etc. etc. etc.

Two housemates that Mark, Chris and Ashleigh were close to told them emphatically that both Pav and Zoe - but particularly Pav - could not be trusted, were playing a game and, in Pav's case, a 'snake in the grass'.

With the paranoia and separation from the outside world, the housemates are bound to take this as gospel.

Posters can use what's happening to back up their own prejudices, preferences and dislike as much as they want; but it's fairly crystal clear why this is happening.

The straightforward explanation doesn't make those HMs sound bad enough to fit how strongly they're (for other reasons) disliked. Also, there's been a tendency towards maximal accusations throughout this series (as there's sometimes been in other years too). The strength of the emotional reactions to the HMs needs a "cause proportionate" for it to feel right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep asking myself this ... then I have to slap myself and remind myself that to do this, would require a brain and a little logical, rational thought. And here lies the problem ;-)

:D:D:D