Upgrade Bartering

malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
when bartering with retentions, do you think they actually check any of the deals you say you have found? i.e. so-and-so phone with this many texts and minutes for this much a month. "ok let's see if we can offer you something better" - say if you mentioned a free gift of headphones or earpiece or something to see if they would match it, would they know if it was for real or not? :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Chances are they would - but if they simply could not match it then they aren't going to waste their time.
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    Do retentions match "free" gifts? Would seem odd if they do.
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Do retentions match "free" gifts? Would seem odd if they do.

Why not?
    If someone could get a certain deal elsewhere and get a free gift thrown in, what would be 'odd' about the retentions dept of the current provider matching it?
    Forum Member
    Has anyone ever received a "free" gift when retentions have matched an offer from another retailer?

I find it a little odd because the retentions department would have to source the "free" gift.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, I got a bluetooth headset thing once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malaikah wrote: »
    when bartering with retentions, do you think they actually check any of the deals you say you have found? i.e. so-and-so phone with this many texts and minutes for this much a month. "ok let's see if we can offer you something better" - say if you mentioned a free gift of headphones or earpiece or something to see if they would match it, would they know if it was for real or not? :p

Barter? Like offering eggs and straw, timber, fire wood, meat and vegetables etc. for minutes and text? The economy really is in a bad way when networks don't accept the English Pound! :D
    Forum Member
    Well yes, I got a bluetooth headset thing once.

Ah, I see, we are talking about bundling accessories rather than a "free" gift like an iPod etc.
  • Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did this with a real deal once, basically they were like no chance and hung up.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Ah, I see, we are talking about bundling accessories rather than a "free" gift like an iPod etc.
    ok, that's a better way to put to them, too. :)