Options

Kittens not moving so much?

BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My cat is due to have her kittens anyday now and I've noticed the last couple of days that the kittens movements have slowed down, they are still moving but not as much. Is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't know Bellarooo??? Maybe Maisey can advise as her girl just gave birth.

I'd def ring the vet though - just to ask over the phone and see what he says / recommends!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vets ain't open until 10 so will try then, thanks hun
  • Options
    156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our cat had kittens a few years ago and they didn't really move much until they were on the way - at which point it looked like they were all shuffling around getting in line ready to leave.....
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    The vets ain't open until 10 so will try then, thanks hun

Yep give them a call - just to reassure yourself!!!

Keep us posted - I am sure everything is fine ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just before she gives birth they usualy slow down with the moving around. She might get realy affectionate as well and not want to be left alone. I cant wait to see pics of them bellaroo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would imagine as the kittens get bigger there's less room in the belly to move. May explain it if she's got a few in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is definately more affectionate and I spoke to the vet and said as long as there is movement then not to worry, it sounds like she will be in labour soon!
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww ! sound lovely hope you have some beautiful babes:)
  • Options
    Katia_StormKatia_Storm Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooOO

My cat is due tomorrow. I can't wait for these kits to be born. am desperate for them all to arrive safely and to see what she's got!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It realy is a brilliant experienced for you too see. Maisey drove us up the wall for 2 days before she gave birth.