Options

New candid interview with Clegg

Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have a read of this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1193693/Id-drunk-I-irresponsible-Criminal-Nick-Clegg-regrets.html

I have so much respect for Clegg. He comes across as so much better than that pri*k Cameron!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    I think he's improving. He was definitely a better choice than Huhne in my view. I can see him staying in the job for over a decade.

Even with a very weak Labour you still don't seem to be able to overtake them though.
  • Options
    Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    I think he's improving. He was definitely a better choice than Huhne in my view. I can see him staying in the job for over a decade.

Even with a very weak Labour you still don't seem to be able to overtake them though.

Well we did in the Council elections! The next Westminster election could be very interesting, as no-one can really predict what will happen.

Labour still have surprisingly large amounts of support still from people who just vote by blood really, or by many who still believe a certain area is bound t stay Labour (such as my own constituency of Glasgow North, where in face the Lib Dems are very close to winning here at the next election! And I'm sure they will!).
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The LibDems need to elect Vince Cable as leader - a sure fire election winner in my book.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Well we did in the Council elections! The next Westminster election could be very interesting, as no-one can really predict what will happen.

I'll make a prediction. Labour will finish over 10 points ahead of you and it will be a Hung Parliament. That's if they replace Brown with Alan Johnson.
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iannai wrote: »
    The LibDems need to elect Vince Cable as leader - a sure fire election winner in my book.

We need him as chancellor though. Clegg is getting better I think and I'm warming to him, but I've always believed that they should put Kennedy back. Kennedy and Cable would be fantastic.
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a read of this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1193693/Id-drunk-I-irresponsible-Criminal-Nick-Clegg-regrets.html

I have so much respect for Clegg. He comes across as so much better than that pri*k Cameron!
    That was a good interview. The more I see and read of Nick Clegg the more I like him. And yes, he's definitely much better than Cameron.
  • Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmwat wrote: »
    That was a good interview. The more I see and read of Nick Clegg the more I like him. And yes, he's definitely much better than Cameron.

In all honesty, it wouldn`t be hard......
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    We need him as chancellor though. Clegg is getting better I think and I'm warming to him, but I've always believed that they should put Kennedy back. Kennedy and Cable would be fantastic.

Yeah, what a team! I'd vote for them. Well, I vote LibDem anyway, but you get my point!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my god clegg is clueless, not a patch on prime minister in waiting Cameron!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must confess I'm rather more sanguine about Clegg's leadership than I was at first. Though I still think he blundered on the issue of the Reform Treaty referendum.