Options

Is Lady Gaga better than David Bowie?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because this thread is meant to be trollin' you. That's why.
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Glimmer wrote: »
    Have you made half of that list of Gaga fans up? I've never seen half of them (Bowie, Reed, Davies, Townshend, Eno) endorse her.

I was thinking this as well. Where exactly have all these people endorsed Gaga?

:confused:
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kanzi wrote: »
    Because this thread is meant to be trollin' you. That's why.

From what I can see it contains some really good discussion. Gaga fans need to stop being so defensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »
    From what I can see it contains some really good discussion. Gaga fans need to stop being so defensive.

I hate how you assume that I'm being defensive cause I'm really not. I'm just trying to stop a pointless discussion; the whole thread is a moot point. Gaga's been in the industry for three years so you can't compare her to Bowie, for better OR for worse cause you don't know what the future may bring. Lady Gaga could be the next Madonna or she could be gone in ten years, NO ONE KNOWS. And by the way, I'm talking about the Gaga fans on here too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the exact same when it's about, say Madonna. Of course fans are going to defend the artist they like, why shouldn't they? Especially with the amount of hate Gaga gets on threads like these.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember Gaga saying that Bowie inspired her
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And in the 2000s in a Q Magazine interview he described Coldplay as a "third rate Badfinger tribute act" .

tbh i never understood that.... i dont see any simularities between badfinger and coldplay... (badfinger are far superior)
  • Options
    bolam2011bolam2011 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think they have. I can't find anything in Google anyway. Though I'm happy to be proven wrong. Only thing I seem to find on Bowie and Gaga is Bowie dismissing working with her in a manner I think he seems to be insulted by.... :confused: :eek: almost as if he doesn't rate her..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I don't believe Bowie has commented on her, but I remember Iman saying something about it? Their daughter likes her or something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Yes she is. She's released more memorable records in three years than Bowie has during his whole career

...lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I remember Gaga saying that Bowie inspired her

Not quite Bowie giving her the thumbs up though, is it? Gaga says anyone of any value inspires her anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    As far as I'm concerned you may aswell be asking whether dog poo is nicer than chocolate ice cream.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No :eek: shes worse ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh you, gaga stans. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she is. She's released more memorable records in three years than Bowie has during his whole career

The doctor will be along soon;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PMSL oh dear someones had to many drinks and talking crap again.
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagaaaaa is greater than Bowie......only by the amount of space between her ears ;)