8002AD23 and EA servers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
The EA servers keep logging me out and then the code 8002AD23 comes up and says i've lost connections to the PSN. This has happened about 6 or so times in 2 hours or so. I then log back in normally only for it to happen again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like you have dodgy UPnP between Ps3 and router.

You might need to open ports manually.TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    I get this constantly, not just on EA servers but across the entire PSN. It's why I can't play any on-line multi-player aspect of any game I own. All relevant ports are forwarded fine and I even have the PS3 in the DMZ too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a dns error code?
    Forum Member
    Gazinuk wrote: »
    Is that a dns error code?

The Playstation says everything is a bloody DNS error, but it's strange that there's no problems whatsoever bar the PSN. There is nothing wrong at my end, my ISP have looked into it at their end and they came to the same conclusion as I have. It's the PSN that's at fault. Sony can't be arsed to sort it out, even though there are loads upon loads of people all having the same problem.
  • too_fast_4_utoo_fast_4_u Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    before you turn your ps3 off, do a new connection setting without wifi or ethernet cable plugged into ps3. It should fail.

turn your ps3 and router off.

Turn router on when its fully booted up, turn ps3 on and connect ethernet cable.

Then go through easy connection setup. Hey presto

That might help you.

If not can you give more details

ISP ?
    Wifi or ethernet?
    Router make/model??
    Forum Member
    You're preaching to the choir there. In the 3 years I've had the console I've tried every conceivable option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Bump.

The problem hasn't gone away guys, any further advice.
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa & staying connected to EA servers were the start of the end for my PS3. At first it just kept disconnecting, then it wouldn't play fifa all together and then it started doing it to every game.

Had a whinge at Sony, got a replacement which didn't work from go (rage) had another whinge and got a 12 month warranty.

I always thought it was just Fifa and EA being well... EA. No problems since or disconnections. If it's in warranty I'd say it's worth a go by getting a replacement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5990lmd wrote: »
    Bump.

The problem hasn't gone away guys, any further advice.

What does the PS3 connection test say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    blindness wrote: »
    What does the PS3 connection test say?

It always connects first time, but at different stages of games it loses connection with EA, sometimes after 10 minutes sometimes after a game.

Really frustrating.