Options

Valeria Levitina - the Most Anorexic Woman in the World!

124»

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    So all we have to do is say "Has anyone got a toothpick? Hey, we can use Valeria's leg!" and she'll start piling on the pounds.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Both (anorexia & bulimia) are more than a desire to be thin. The media perpetuates the idea of thin=beautiful.

I think the point being made from the article was that people are more likely to develop bulimia as a result of media images of thinness and stuff, than anorexia. I don't know, it's a theory.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet she saves a fortune on toilet roll
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »

Your joke was crap the first time around.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Yes, we already heard you (post #69). Wasn't a funny joke then and still isn't now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would gladly donate a good chunk of my body fat, she needs it and I don't!
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like shes gonna snap in half, shes so frail. Poor lady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the point being made from the article was that people are more likely to develop bulimia as a result of media images of thinness and stuff, than anorexia. I don't know, it's a theory.

Where did you get that theory, is there a paper on it?
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    It's a hard thing for a non-anorexic to get their head round. The video says she thinks 25kg is her ideal weight and that she's afraid of gaining any. It's hard to understand how she can look in the mirror and still think that.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely all you have to do is put food in your mouth and om nom nom. problem solved.

My God. I was anorexic 25 years ago and had to listen to this kind of bull. I would have hoped certain attitudes and understandings might have progressed since then.

Having said that, I can't understand (not at yourself, of course) why some people drink themselves into a stupor, start fights, end up in Casualty and cause all kinds of mayhem and distress to others.

Sometimes, I wonder if we have really come much further than cave people.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    My God. I was anorexic 25 years ago and had to listen to this kind of bull. I would have hoped certain attitudes and understandings might have progressed since then.

Having said that, I can't understand (not at yourself, of course) why some people drink themselves into a stupor, start fights, end up in Casualty and cause all kinds of mayhem and distress to others.

Sometimes, I wonder if we have really come much further than cave people.

Some of us don't seem to have progressed at all.

You only have to read any obesity thread and it'll be full of trite comments "eat less move more simples" which is as much use as it would be to say to this lady, eat more, move less, simples.
    Some people have a dreadful relationship with food and use it to punish themselves. I really don't know why people cannot understand that and show some bloody empathy when people are struggling with being anorexic, bulimic or morbidly obese.
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    This was her final thread with the announcement of her death.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1600747&highlight=

I just read that thread and found it very distressing. :(

Maybe some of the posters on this thread should read it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Your joke was crap the first time around.

no pun intended then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she eat anything
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anorexia nervosa, bulimia and other eating disorders including obesity are a wicked symptom of a mental health condition. There are no easy answers, but learning to love yourself is a start. I should know I'm fat. Its all about control and emotions. Watching that video, just made me sad, mad and angry (for different reasons)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    candygirl1 wrote: »
    Anorexia nervosa, bulimia and other eating disorders including obesity are a wicked symptom of a mental health condition. There are no easy answers, but learning to love yourself is a start. I should know I'm fat. Its all about control and emotions. Watching that video, just made me sad, mad and angry (for different reasons)

I watched a documentary about anorexia where they were sent to a retreat, where they believed hugging the patients was a major help in getting them into recovery. Loads of hugging. Maybe eating disorders start from feeling unloved.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of us don't seem to have progressed at all.

You only have to read any obesity thread and it'll be full of trite comments "eat less move more simples" which is as much use as it would be to say to this lady, eat more, move less, simples.
    Some people have a dreadful relationship with food and use it to punish themselves. I really don't know why people cannot understand that and show some bloody empathy when people are struggling with being anorexic, bulimic or morbidly obese.

Agree, it works both ways. Obesity as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really, really not humourless about human frailties including eating disorders but anyone who still thinks that eating disorders have simple foundations and can be fixed with simple measures should:
    a) Be making a mint out of delivering clinically proveable 'cures' or
    b) Stay away from what they don't either care about/ understand... or perhaps better
    c) Educate themselves a little.

Eating disorders kill people. That's tragic. Fact.

I was anorexic between the ages of 15-18, to the point of hospitalization. I took all kinds of abuse from people regarding my condition, including some from within the medical profession. I was then bulimic until the age of 22. Delighted to say I recovered well but it was no thanks to the crude and abusive comments I received. Sadly, not everyone does get over it and that is heartbreaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visiting wrote: »
    I just read that thread and found it very distressing. :(

Maybe some of the posters on this thread should read it too.

They should. Look at her profile, she has a blog page where she showed cakes she baked. Doubt she ever ate them.

Very sad case:(