Options

Silent Hills announced - Hideo Kojima & Del Toro to direct

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fantastic. Screw TR! If true that is how to play with advertising! If true.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    ...wait what, this is kinda big news and Sony just hid it away in some ruse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    ...wait what, this is kinda big news and Sony just hid it away in some ruse?

Marketing mate. If true then cool. If speculation then no loss. Stealth marketing is the way forward. (I worked in that field for years).
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The said trailer hidden in PT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEiebHA8iYY
    Forgot to mention, Norman Reedus (Walking Dead) is the protag

This is how Kojima announces things, lol, look at the phantom pain :p
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I must admit, it was pretty genius, they'd KNOW for certain that at least the YouTube "Let's Play" parasites would be all over this demo ASAP, so when they finally complete it, and it's revealed, the reaction is captured live, and from there it goes viral across forums and gaming websites, and carries on long after the event is over.

Well played Konami and Sony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kolima and del Toro involved in next SH? Amazing combination (if true). That would kill xbox exclusives if true. Not believing it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Kolima and del Toro involved in next SH? Amazing combination (if true). That would kill xbox exclusives if true. Not believing it though.

But... it's a teaser that was mentioned on stage by Sony, and it ends with "Silent Hills" with Del Toro, Kojima and Reedus' names accompanied by Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill theme, it's real, lol. For further proof, look how much Del Toro and Kojima have been hanging out lately, or the fact that Reedus (as well as Del Toro) are two of the comments on the MGS: TPP website
    http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/videos/comment.php5
    :D
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Wait,what?.....

So P.T was Silent Hill all along, or was P.T a cover game to hide silent hill and Silent Hill will be something totally different? The general opinion of the P.T demo was that it was pretty poor. Also i gather that P.T was a full exclusive to Playstation, but if it was just a cover game to announce Silent Hill is Silent Hill exclusive?

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But... it's a teaser that was mentioned on stage by Sony, and it ends with "Silent Hills" with Del Toro, Kojima and Reedus' names accompanied by Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill theme, it's real, lol. For further proof, look how much Del Toro and Kojima have been hanging out lately, or the fact that Reedus (as well as Del Toro) are two of the comments on the MGS: TPP website
    http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/videos/comment.php5
    :D

That kills TR dead. Kojima and del Toro! If yamaoka is involved too and it is exclusive that absolutely hsmmers new TR.
    If true.

ETA: Not a demo. Interactive teaser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Wait,what?.....

So P.T was Silent Hill all along, or was P.T a cover game to hide silent hill and Silent Hill will be something totally different? The general opinion of the P.T demo was that it was pretty poor. Also i gather that P.T was a full exclusive to Playstation, but if it was just a cover game to announce Silent Hill is Silent Hill exclusive?

:confused:

P.T. plays along to the idea that it's just another indie horror game (right down to the made up studio name), the idea of the game is to solve the puzzles while being hunted down (slowly, not exactly being chased), to find out what the game is. There is tiny hints in the teaser (hole in the bathroom wall, three circles are used for the loading symbol). If you manage to solve the demo, you get the full reveal. The very end of the teaser does say that it's not representative/connected to Silent Hills itself, its just a teaser sort of thing. The final game will be different from the teaser demo, possibly third person.

P.T. = Playable Teaser, basically. I played it, it's pretty good, and quite scary at parts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That kills TR dead..

Not really. I'd argue that TombRaider is a much bigger franchise than SH, and i doubt many casual gamers will know who either Kojomi or Toro are.Unless you are talking about personal opinion of course.

I doubt either is full exclusive anyway,so i don't think it matters.

Pretty cool way to announce a game though, albeit confusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    P.T. plays along to the idea that it's just another indie horror game (right down to the made up studio name), the idea of the game is to solve the puzzles while being hunted down (slowly, not exactly being chased), to find out what the game is. There is tiny hints in the teaser (hole in the bathroom wall, three circles are used for the loading symbol). If you manage to solve the demo, you get the full reveal. The very end of the teaser does say that it's not representative/connected to Silent Hills itself, its just a teaser sort of thing. The final game will be different from the teaser demo, possibly third person.

P.T. = Playable Teaser, basically. I played it, it's pretty good, and quite scary at parts.

Thanks for this Pb. I had no idea what the hell the game was. Teaser,Demo etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love strange advertising. It was my former professsion. When I qualified as a mental health nurse I developed a wee logo months before launching a new strategy to engage witb gay men.
    Irrelevant on one level but it has delToro attached. People know who he is. People will see that and think playable film.

ETA: Neither us a system seller. Better marketing for 'new SH' for intelligent people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Holy crap, just watched a youtube clip. I could have turned the sound down, i should have turned the sound down.I'd seriously soil myself playing a game like that, which kinda makes me want to play it more.

I take it the final game will be 3rd person like the originals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, just watched a youtube clip. I could have turned the sound down, i should have turned the sound down.I'd seriously soil myself playing a game like that, which kinda makes me want to play it more.

I take it the final game will be 3rd person like the originals?

Is it that scary?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am in an office block on my own at the moment with most of the light turned out. Doesn't help.

I did laugh at the discovery of the 'glory hole' in the bathroom on the video i watched.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in an office block on my own at the moment with most of the light turned out. Doesn't help.

I did laugh at the discovery of the 'glory hole' in the bathroom on the video i watched.
    I haven't slept in 48 hours. Well not properly. I never get as deep as dreams other tha ln revisiting the horrors I have seen as a nurse. No horror game comes close.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never played silent hill so don't know What its about. Id swap for tomb raider.
    Someone said those guys trolled us with the cardboard box game. So that wasn't a game either ? Im confused over all this shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't slept in 48 hours. Well not properly. I never get as deep as dreams other tha ln revisiting the horrors I have seen as a nurse. No horror game comes close.

Sounds creepy.

I'll be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow:p I don't knock off till 9.I'm trying to network a group of printers to the computers down the hallway and failing.
    Im confused over all this shit.

You and me both!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PT is genius. I've never had a game, or movie for that matter, creep me out like that. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomb What?

Silent Hill was one of my fave games on the PS1. i still have silent hill 2 for my Ps2 (yes I still have my PS2, so this makes me really happy. The fact that Del Toro is also involved..... Even better!

Just to add the cherry on the cake, we have freakin Daryl from The Walking Dead.

Yeah... This is going on my must buy list
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 100% a game? I haven't played the demo yet, but did download it yesterday. But the demo is being called "interactive demo", then at the end it says "playable teaser". It's not really be advertised like a demo for a game.

What exactly is an "interactive demo"? Past a normal game demo, that is? And "playable teaser" - isn't that what all game demos are?

We already know that Sony are working on TV series exclusively for PS4.

Maybe I'm wayyyy off. But the phrasing doesn't make it sound like a game at all.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see it being a TV series.... Unless... Unless Daryl is being killed off of The Walking Dead!!!!! The actor would have to work round his contractual requirements for The Walking Dead. Ok, now I have a whole new load of worries...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, its definately a game, since it was teased at Gamescom lol
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, its definately a game, since it was teased at Gamescom lol

A Watchdogs movie was confirmed at Gamescom 2013.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a508492/gamescom-2013-watch-dogs-movie-confirmed.html#~oMP0ZHpkgSjTon