Hate the titles, love the theme
1% 3 votes
Hate the titles and hate the theme
34% 55 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see the poll but I'm assuming there is a delay before it appears.

Is it a straight forward like/don't like or is it more like, like music hate titles, like both, like neither, like titles hate music?

EDIT:

right second time :)

too much energy - not enough to do today :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh you sexy thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    I did vote but its more a case of vaguely ok they'll probably grow on me with the titles and not keen on the theme
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love and Hate are too polar for my opinion on these titles.

I dislike them both, but both have some great elements.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love and Hate are too polar for my opinion on these titles.

I dislike them both, but both have some great elements.

Likewise. Perhaps there should be a "not overly impressed" option for both?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the options really fit for me.

Titles are good but after seeing the original fan version last year they didn't have the Wow factor they would have had if Saturday had been the first time I saw them.

Don't like the theme tune.

Then again I didn't like the Series 5 Theme at the start either but after a couple of weeks it stopped annoying me and by the end of the series I quite liked it. Maybe this one will be the same.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the unusual position of being the misery guts here as I disliked both the theme and titles. :blush: The visuals in particular where very clunky and too busy.

Not the end of the world though, doesn't really impact on my enjoyment of the show in any way.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like the new titles, but the theme is just boring.
    That said, I think it starts well with a powerful beat... then just becomes boring.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    LOVED the titles - they imply Time & Space, basically! A quick shot of the Doctor's evil-looking eyes (don't know if that's a good thing!). The Logo was just basic, and the Tardis whizzing around so much is a bit in your face!! But yeah OK!

The music, however, was atrocious!!! (IMO) Ohhh how it reminded me of when they changed it in McCoys era!! WHY couldn't they retain that original howling opening from the very beginning - which they still used in Tennant's Era too! Oooh very bad!! And they have completely removed the infamous 'STING' at the end of episode :o:o

I'm loving this series...don't get me wrong. But Peter Capaldi deserves better than this!!
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I absollutely adore the title sequence - probably my favourite since Pertwee's last season.

As for the music - I've seen a lot of vitriol aimed at it online, but to be honest... I can't really remember it. Which probably says it all, actually...
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    the theme tune is absolutely awful, and im struggling to imagine how any fan could possibly like it.
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the titles. Moffat says it's the first different take on them since 1963 (or something along those lines...). I think he's stretching it, but I get the point and therein lies the problem for me. Far too self referential. As I said in a previous thread, you can imagine a hail of question marks shooting towards the screen.

Not keen on the music either. Sounds like something I would knock out on my sister's Casio keyboard in 1982.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm in the unusual position of being the misery guts here as I disliked both the theme and titles. :blush: The visuals in particular where very clunky and too busy.

Not the end of the world though, doesn't really impact on my enjoyment of the show in any way.
    Im the same. Think both are rubbish, but as long as the episodes are good I couldn't care less.

They could have a bloke holding up a piece of paper with the words 'doctor who' scrawled on it as the starting as long as the episodes were good.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hated the music. It's an awful tinny arrangement.

I voted 'hate' on the titles simply because they a) made me feel motion sick in the way the old vortex never has and b) looked a little bit cheap with the clock effect at the start.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dislike them both. The titles appear amateurish, slow and lack any exciting build up to the upcoming episode. This isn't helped by the horrible theme tune and no strong sting in the opening.
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    Theme music needs a bit of Bass, it's just feeble, titles are okay but nothing special.
  • SaruyaSaruya Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I like both. The new titles are good, and the new version of the theme tune is pretty suited to Capaldi - designed to keep you on edge and not really too comfortable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I'm in the happy position that I love both the titles and the theme.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant actually vote on this one as my feelings fall somewhere in the middle!
    The OP should have created separate threads for each thing, the Titles and the Music and then give 5 options with love it as top hate it as bottom with varying degrees between and a nether like or hate option.

I would say I like the titles, but if we say on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being top then for me the titles are 4.
    I would say a 3 if the same 1-5 scale was used for how much I like or dislike the music.

This does not fit in any way with the OPs choices can he or the mods sort something out please?

I suppose it could be done in one thread with 25 options

1 very like music and titles
    2 very like music, but only like titles
    3 very like music, but nether like or dislike titles
    4 very like music, but dislike titles
    5 very like music, but very dislike titles
    6 like music, but very like titles
    7 like music and like titles
    8 like music, but nether like or dislike titles
    9 like music, but dislike titles
    10 like music, but very dislike titles
    11 nether like or dislike music, but very like titles
    12 nether like or dislike music, but like titles
    13 nether like or dislike music and titles
    14 nether like or dislike music, but dislike titles
    15 nether like or dislike music, but very dislike titles
    16 dislike music, but very like titles
    17 dislike music, but like titles
    18 dislike music, but nether like or dislike titles
    19 dislike music and titles
    20 dislike music, but very dislike titles
    21 very dislike music, but very like titles
    22 very dislike music, but only like titles
    23 very dislike music, but nether like or dislike titles
    24 very dislike music, but dislike titles
    25 very dislike music and titles

It seems long winded but you cant offer less than that to give people a fair option for voting on both issues at once!

Mine is number 12 BTW!.

Oh and Ive created my own version here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003071 with my 25 options!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted Love the titles, hate the theme but I don't exactly mind the new titles but I wouldn't say I loved them and I think the theme is a bit too christmas like with the bells but I wouldn't say I hate it.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The titles are ok and make a nice change so I voted 'love them' (even though I don't, I just think they're interesting and make a change).

The theme I do hate though.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Even the traditional "STING" sound might have improved it! But that theme needs 'jushing up ' a bit like Tennants theme in Series 4 !!
    The titles were fine in my eyes! Music is crap! :cry:
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike them both but don't hate them.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    titles are beautiful, they look much better on TV then on the cinema screen, but the theme tune (whilst it has its good moments) for me isn't up to scratch... yet...
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    doublefour wrote: »
    Theme music needs a bit of Bass, it's just feeble, titles are okay but nothing special.

I have an amp and there was no bass at all. Nothing.