Options

National Television Awards 2011 - advice for those attending

2»

Comments

• Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they should put something on the Tickets about the dress code?!!
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i went last year and as far as i am aware its not black tie only, alot of people do dress up smart though, as for red carpet, you can queue for writstbands, there will be a 1000 available at 2pm, though queues will start earlier than that, im getting there for around 10/11 tomorrow and imagine there will be people in front of me, i got there at 1pm last year and had a crap spot on the red carpet, hence why im going earlier this year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Arghhh I am doing my best not to panic now. Coming down for Chester first thing in the morning so need to know what to take like now!

I was aware it was just smart casual so I'd planned to wear a nice dress, above knee with some nice heels. Nothing special, just dressy for like a nice dinner or something.My boyfriend had planned to wear black jeans a shirt and a tie.

Now ive heard its black tie.What do I do xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmonins86 wrote: »
    Arghhh I am doing my best not to panic now. Coming down for Chester first thing in the morning so need to know what to take like now!

I was aware it was just smart casual so I'd planned to wear a nice dress, above knee with some nice heels. Nothing special, just dressy for like a nice dinner or something.My boyfriend had planned to wear black jeans a shirt and a tie.

Now ive heard its black tie.What do I do xx

as far as im aware, it doesnt say black tie on the ticket(which it did do when it was at the albert hall), so what you have should be fine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    i went last year and as far as i am aware its not black tie only, alot of people do dress up smart though, as for red carpet, you can queue for writstbands, there will be a 1000 available at 2pm, though queues will start earlier than that, im getting there for around 10/11 tomorrow and imagine there will be people in front of me, i got there at 1pm last year and had a crap spot on the red carpet, hence why im going earlier this year

i should be getting there for 12.30, do you think thats an okay time to get there and hopefully get a wristband?
  • Options
    JazJaz Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dressed up last year but there were people sitting near me in jeans and T-shirts don't think they are as fussy at the O2 as the RAH! I couldn't find the red carpet place last year is it round the back? What are the chances of getting a red carpet wristband if you turn up at 2pm ?
  • Options
    Callie RawstonCallie Rawston Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Jaz wrote: »
    I dressed up last year but there were people sitting near me in jeans and T-shirts don't think they are as fussy at the O2 as the RAH!

Well I didn't know anything about black tie last year and went in smart jeans and a nice top. No one mentioned it, in fact I saw people in trainers and ripped jeans! Loads of people dress up proper smart but I don't think its essential.

Way I look at, even if you are shown on TV (hence them wanting you to look smart), you will be sitting down so no one is gonna see jeans anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the queue for the red carpet is just outside the 02, near the box office, getting there at half 12 should be fine and hopefully a decent spot, it all depends how many other people turn up, the weather isnt supposed to be great tomorrow so that might put some people off, getting there at 2pm, i got there at 1pm last year and got a really crappy place on the red carpet, u will get a wristband at 2pm, but i cant gurantee you will get a half decent spot on the red carpet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mw0390 wrote: »
    the queue for the red carpet is just outside the 02, near the box office, getting there at half 12 should be fine and hopefully a decent spot, it all depends how many other people turn up, the weather isnt supposed to be great tomorrow so that might put some people off, getting there at 2pm, i got there at 1pm last year and got a really crappy place on the red carpet, u will get a wristband at 2pm, but i cant gurantee you will get a half decent spot on the red carpet

great! thank you so much for the info.
    should be a good night :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amberbabe wrote: »
    great! thank you so much for the info.
    should be a good night :)

last year was ok, not as good as the previous 2 years at the Albert Hall im hoping tomoz will be better, hopefully get a better place on red carpet and i seem to have decent seats nearly on the stage lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they have a disabled access area by the red carpet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaz wrote: »
    Do they have a disabled access area by the red carpet?

i belive they will do, though i think you would have to queue up as normal for wristbands untill they take you down to the red carpet, which isnt normally untill about 5ish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - I'll give it a go to see if I can get wristbands for me and my daughter then :D
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be getting to the 02 till about half 1 so not sure about getting tickets and even if I do I would probably end up near the back anyway
  • Options
    Karen_RutherforKaren_Rutherfor Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Hello... just wondered if anyone has been to the NTA's since 2011? Daughter and I are off there next week, really looking forward to it. Any tips at all?
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to go to the 2011 NTAs, better take a Tardis.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think earplugs were mandatory... ;)