Options

9200 Epg

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
Forum Member
I have a Humax 9200 which I only use to record red button BBC i.e. channel 301.

Last night I went to set the F1 practice sessions but the EPG was not populated fro 301 (it was fine 2 weeks ago) but I only ever use this to record F1 on 301

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the EPG on 301 (it seems fine on the more mainstream channels) ? and if they are going to stop updating this ? This would be a real pain

On another note I did manually set to record 12 hours on 301 so as to not miss anything, however it only seems to have recorded 4 hours and 15 minutes is this the maximum single programme record ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DSmanDSman Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EPG was OK on mine (Emley Moor).
    However, I set to record all the practice sessions and NONE of them recorded. :cry:
    Don't know if there is a maximum recording time. Can't see why there should be, apart from the size of the HD.
  • Options
    captgeneralmarkcaptgeneralmark Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Skid Solo wrote: »
    I have a Humax 9200 which I only use to record red button BBC i.e. channel 301.

Last night I went to set the F1 practice sessions but the EPG was not populated fro 301 (it was fine 2 weeks ago) but I only ever use this to record F1 on 301

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the EPG on 301 (it seems fine on the more mainstream channels) ? and if they are going to stop updating this ? This would be a real pain

On another note I did manually set to record 12 hours on 301 so as to not miss anything, however it only seems to have recorded 4 hours and 15 minutes is this the maximum single programme record ?

Thanks

If you're in a pre-DSO area, 301 moved to a different mux on April 6. You'll need to retune to get the epg back. This might also fix your second problem as the old 301 may have been switched off by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Just to add that I too had exactly the same problem with the F1 this morning. We are in Northern Ireland (Divis transmitter) and had reseted the box recently - might try the rescan again.

Must also check in the early morning if the box is showing the clock error of --:-- on the display.

Robin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I am i pre DSO area (Hertfordshire - Cystal Palace Transmitter) retune of EPG has solved, will see in the morning if this has recorded OK

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ours failed to record again this morning for free practice 1 and 2, retuned it last week and all seemed to be well!

Any ideas what could be going on?
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Have you got more than one 301 in your channel list? The old stream without EPG was left broadcasting for some days after the change so your rescan may still have picked it up and confused any timers.

There are replays of the sessions on 301 this evening at 9:30pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Have you got more than one 301 in your channel list? The old stream without EPG was left broadcasting for some days after the change so your rescan may still have picked it up and confused any timers.

There are replays of the sessions on 301 this evening at 9:30pm.

No other 301 channel showing up on the EPG. There is a channel called "Channel Zero" on channel 800 from memory though, but this has been there since we retuned on the Divis transmitter.

I must check the other TV's in the house to see if it comes up there too. Strange that it just seems to be 301 that is the problem, all the other channels appear to be ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you looked at the EPG info for 301 to check that the F1 practise sessions are actually there? Did you reset the 301 timers for these sessions after the rescan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, the EPG was showing F1 practice 1 and 2 and we had set them to record (and they were showing in the recording schedule menu too)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Series Link (does the 9200T do Series Link) or fixed timers? Power cut leading to wrong date and time?