Options

I have the most amazing movie idea!!!

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay, its not that amazing.. But remember them horror movie's about a killer? Which kinda had a realisic side to it.. Scream? I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legend.. I finished the scipt already.. The movie is called Bridenight and is about 7 bridemaids, who start being killed one by one in this empty hotel, ( the hotel is empty because it was storm weekend) but most of all. One of the bridesmaids hates the bride.. So she diddn't care. The girls could take the choice of running into the woods, but in empty darkness and your friends missing. ( If you know a killer is about you wouldn't want to run alone in the woods.. Anyway the movie is a gore-fest! & has a little twist at the end of the movie, I wanted to bring old school back! Do you think its a good idea???

Comments

• Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are far too many films showing women being brutally killed already. How about some men for a change.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    What about the guests who were already in the hotel when the storm started?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are also some guests. But it's mainly on the brides. :)
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obvious question, if there are murders taking place in the hotel,
    Why don't they just drive away from the hotel or call the police?
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    Obvious question, if there are murders taking place in the hotel,
    Why don't they just drive away from the hotel or call the police?
    Obviously the storm will bring down the phone lines and cause a mud slide over the road....or it's on a tide locked isle.

And they are on the O2 network so their mobiles are no good :eek:
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be a franchise! The sequel is Groom Night. Then Page Boy Night. Ends with Divorce Night.
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Obviously the storm will bring down the phone lines and cause a mud slide over the road....or it's on a tide locked isle.

But there must be a way in or out through the storm as the original guests were able to leave and the Bridal party were able to get there.
    And phone lines being down is a hoary old plot convenience. Maybe the power will go out due to lightning?
    Maybe someone will appear to be dead but wont really be?
    Maybe they're not all on O2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bridemaids, go on a hen night to a *5 star hotel* in the middle of no where, it's not a hotel like Hilton or Park inn.. Its a hotel based around kinda a B&B, but I don't want to ruin the story for you, but honestly, stuff like phones, and they can't leave will make sense. I'll hint.. Hell. :)
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotel, very few guests, a storm, a murderer(s)...
    I Still Know... anyone.

Gore fest sounds to me more like Saw, Hostel, Centipede etc. They're not horrors, just films about how "imaginatively" and "creatively" the writer/director can kill somebody. Boring.

Why, if one of the bridesmaids doesn't like the bride, does she not care about the other girls being killed?

What kind of crappy hotel doesn't have wi-fi, broadband, dial-up, so that they can send a text, e-mail to the authorities even IF everyone loses mobile/cell coverage?

Why don't they all stick together? One person gets killed, (dies as if an accident had befallen the poor soul) fair enough, sh*t happens. Once a second person "had an accident" you'd get a bit suspicious and stay in a group, surely? Or get in your car and drive away.

Maybe I'm the wrong person to comment as I find all horror films tedious with characters more stupid than a labotomised goldfish.

Rorschach

O2 comments = pure genius
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Add a fresh angle.

Make all the bridesmaids chavs and slappers from Essex

The audience will be actively cheering for the slasher to win
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bridemaids, go on a hen night to a *5 star hotel* in the middle of no where, it's not a hotel like Hilton or Park inn.. Its a hotel based around kinda a B&B, but I don't want to ruin the story for you, but honestly, stuff like phones, and they can't leave will make sense. I'll hint.. Hell. :)

Can't escape.

Was it John Cusack in a film like that? Probably not, but...

Motel, middle of nowhere, no matter which direction he ran he always arrived back at the motel. Like he was in a hell/purgatory situation.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't escape.

Was it John Cusack in a film like that? Probably not, but...

Motel, middle of nowhere, no matter which direction he ran he always arrived back at the motel. Like he was in a hell/purgatory situation.

Do you mean Identity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one.

(Rainstorm in it too iirc)

Remembering a bit more now
    I think the other people are pieces of his personality and there's a killer in a crashed van at the end. Might be mixing up films. Saw it nealry 10 years ago.

edit: just realised people may want to see this without spoilers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes!! Know you guys are getting too it!!! But it's a little more different even to that!
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Add a fresh angle.

Make all the bridesmaids chavs and slappers from Essex

The audience will be actively cheering for the slasher to win

Aren't we always?
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty crap to be honest....it's been done a thousand times..in so many different ways...a group of bridesmaids makes it no different
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's an idea which you value as much that you'd like to make a film about it in the future I wouldn't post it in a public forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Sounds pretty crap to be honest....it's been done a thousand times..in so many different ways...a group of bridesmaids makes it no different

Well it does, its bridesmaids apart from college kids, 2, its not set in a local town. 3. Its a different story!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Watch the TV series Harper's Island.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect his screenplay to get greenlit, especially if his spelling and grammar in the script is as bad as it is on his posts here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »

Also, they had ran out of fuel anyway, and couldn't re-fuel as the all banked with NatWest and couldn't access their funds.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst. Synopsis. Ever.
  • Options
    madeleymademadeleymade Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    And there#s already been a couple of bridal-themed slashers.
    He Knows You're Alone which is about newlywed brides being killed. Has Tom Hanks as a runner.
    And then there's Mario Bava's batshit giallo/Italian murder mystery Hatchet for the Honeymoon, abut a wedding dress designer killing girls in wedding dresses to find who killed his mother.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds cliche and like almost every other slasher movie around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Will there be teetays in it??