Stupid takeaway/restaurant moments

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Just a lighthearted thread about orders that have gone wrong or other funny or puzzling moments that you've had.

I once ordered a pizza, just a margarita.
On the menu it said cheese and tomato pizza with fresh tomato slices on top.

When I ordered it I asked for a 10" margarita without the tomatoes.

Well, they certainly did that. I got a base topped with cheese. No sauce :D

Comments

• fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to order a roll on it's own and a sausage on its own because it was cheaper that ordering a sausage roll.i was about 14 and used to go in the cafe after i got paid (poorly) from my paper round :)
  • Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the shops we use beside work, i see people going into the dairy and buying 2 rolls with cold meat at £1 each, shop next door you can buy a packet of meat with more slices for 99p and rolls for 25p each.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just a lighthearted thread about orders that have gone wrong or other funny or puzzling moments that you've had.

I once ordered a pizza, just a margarita.
    On the menu it said cheese and tomato pizza with fresh tomato slices on top.

When I ordered it I asked for a 10" margarita without the tomatoes.

Well, they certainly did that. I got a base topped with cheese. No sauce :D

Yep, we've had that before.

Likewise, once my mum went to the kebab shop wearing a T-shirt with "Cyprus" in big letters. Needless to say the Turkish owners weren't in too much of a hurry to serve us.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the shops we use beside work, i see people going into the dairy and buying 2 rolls with cold meat at £1 each, shop next door you can buy a packet of meat with more slices for 99p and rolls for 25p each.

Crazy. Unless someone is loaded i could never understand folk buying cold sandwiches for lunch at work. I can be a bit of a lazy get but i do not mind spending 5 minutes making sarnies. You can do much better quality far cheaper.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    Yep, we've had that before.

Likewise, once my mum went to the kebab shop wearing a T-shirt with "Cyprus" in big letters. Needless to say the Turkish owners weren't in too much of a hurry to serve us.
    The owner of a local kebab shop in town was Turkish. He lived across the road from my mate so we sort of knew him.
    One night they had a Turkish footy match on tv when we were in the shop and we were chatting as we ordered.
    We ended up sitting down in the shop and watched the match with him and got free food & drink :)
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    When they put your cold can of drink in the same bag as your hot food...
  • greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once ordered 2 chips for me an my mate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to a local curry house with friends and one ordered a Korma. When the waiter asked what one, meaning chicken, lamb etc she said the mildest. After a bottle of wine it was the funniest thing ever
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The owner of a local kebab shop in town was Turkish. He lived across the road from my mate so we sort of knew him.
    One night they had a Turkish footy match on tv when we were in the shop and we were chatting as we ordered.
    We ended up sitting down in the shop and watched the match with him and got free food & drink :)

Ha, nice! Our local fish and chip shop has really friendly people in it, which makes a change.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a hangover and spent all Sunday lounging around in my dressing gown. It got to teatime and I decided to treat myself to a chinese so pulled on the clothes I had worn the night before and nipped up to the takeaway.

After I ordered I noticed the other waiting customers were sniggering about something but thought nothing of it. I got my food and headed to the door and then realised my bright yellow undercrackers were hanging out of the bottom of my trouser leg.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a hangover and spent all Sunday lounging around in my dressing gown. It got to teatime and I decided to treat myself to a chinese so pulled on the clothes I had worn the night before and nipped up to the takeaway.

After I ordered I noticed the other waiting customers were sniggering about something but thought nothing of it. I got my food and headed to the door and then realised my bright yellow undercrackers were hanging out of the bottom of my trouser leg.:o

:D:D:D:D
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my mum were arguing while in the Mcdonalds drive-thru and i said i wanted a chocolate Muffin but mum said NO muffin and the drive-thru heard and thought we meant No Bun i:e just the Burger (as i have my burgers plain anyways) well we didnt
    and we went back had a moan and wi got a free chocolate muffin as compensation for a silly mistake
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad once went in our local take-away with him jumper on backwards
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered a vegetarian pizza once but they sent the hot, chilli laden version by mistake. One bite and it felt like my mouth was on fire. We rang and explained the mistake and they brought round the correct pizza.

The other pizza was not wasted as my friend took it home for her brother.
  • PaulieboyPaulieboy Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    When they put your cold can of drink in the same bag as your hot food...

i hate it when they do this :mad:
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    I once ordered 2 chips for me an my mate.
    Last of the big spenders....? ;)
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Paulieboy wrote: »
    i hate it when they do this :mad:
    Then SAY something!! What else can they do? Hand it to you?
  • khannakhanna Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    We were sitting in an old style restaurant by the window with other diners sitting by the other windows and the sun was in my eyes so I tried to pull the curtains but they were not meant for pulling and it ended up with the whole rail and swags coming down on all of us, I have never felt more embarrassed and blush even now despite it being about 20 years ago :o

K x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in a local pub one or two evenings a week for a bit of extra cash. We used to have to make pizzas as well as serve drinks. One day a guy came in and studied the pizza menu for a few minutes, then called me over and asked "How big is a 9 inch pizza?"
    Forum Member
    I guess he was a metric man :D
  • PaulieboyPaulieboy Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    Then SAY something!! What else can they do? Hand it to you?

they could put it in another bag its not that hard
    Forum Member
    Another pizza name

Fantasy - Sweetcorn & Pineapple ............ Oh wow!!! :eek:

Also Meditteranean......with tikka chicken :confused: