Options

New Show For Daniel

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,349
    Forum Member
    shoequeen wrote: »
    Sounds very like the Donmar Warehouse if anyone has been there. Saw a play there (the Donmar) a month or so ago. That was VERY close. OH (v tall) was sitting with his feet resting on the edge of the stage itself. It's odd because the cast can see the whole audience as easily as we can see them - and yes, if you've a mind to, you could shake hands with them!

Totally different feeling to a larger more conventional theatre like the Adelphi but great fun to experience.

I love theatres like that - can't wait! :)
  • Options
    lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to say able to get into theatre website now - yippee!
    220 seats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel Boys says I Love You Because

Published 15 Aug 2007

Any Dream Will Do contestant Daniel Boys may not have won the highly prized technicolor dreamcoat, but he will find himself leading the cast of a London musical this autumn. Boys stars in the UK premiere of I Love You Because, a modern musical comedy retelling of Jane Austen's Pride And Prejudice by Joshua Salzman and Ryan Cunningham, which runs at the Landor from 19 September to 20 October (press night 26 September).

Debbie Kurup, Richard Frame, Cameron Jack, Jodie Jacobs and Lucy Emma Williamson star alongside Boys.

I Love You Because is a modern musical love story following the romantic exploits of two New York brothers. Austen, a greetings card writer, has his life flipped upside down when he discovers his girlfriend in bed with another man. Stepping back into the wonderful world of dating, he meets photographer Marcy, who has the uncanny ability to drive him insane.

The musical – with music by Salzman, book and lyrics by Cunningham and orchestration by Larry Hochman – was first staged off-Broadway at the Village theatre in January 2006, where it received strong reviews. It has since been staged in Florida.

Since appearing in Any Dream Will Do, Boys has appeared in the star-packed production of Sweeney Todd at the Royal Festival Hall. He had previously appeared in European tours of Rent and West Side Story, and the national tour of Sunset Boulevard.

Kurup has an extensive musical theatre background, counting Chicago, Tonight’s The Night, Rent, West Side Story and Boogie Nights among her West End credits. Frame's recent musical appearances include Promises Promises, Our House and Me And My Girl, and Jack's credits include Les Misérables and We Will Rock You. Jacobs is another former We Will Rock You cast member. She has also appeared in Fame and most recently understudied the lead role in Evita.

I Love You Because is directed by the Landor’s Artistic Director Robert McWhir.

MA

http://http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/display?contentId=95280
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great, doesn't it - I can't wait!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,516
    Forum Member
    Our very own Mr Darcy!!!!! *sigh*
  • Options