when does a fan become a fanatic?

2»

Comments

• MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks I just had a look. I know I am not that scary haha.

Ah, just a coincidence then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeachUK wrote: »
    I think fantatics are those who register with Digital Spy :) hehe :)
    *laughs* you have a point...
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I am a fanatic...I adore Lilia, I really love her (in a non-gay way) but I couldn't bring myself to vote for her this series with Dom. :o
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I don't think I am a fanatic...I adore Lilia, I really love her (in a non-gay way) but I couldn't bring myself to vote for her this series with Dom. :o

You are the kind of fanatic people can live with;) I like Lilia too but didn't vote for her this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think sometimes the pros attract more fanatics than the celebs - it's hard not to get attached over the series, whereas celebs come and go.

That said, yet to vote for a celeb I thought was a bit pants just because I liked the dancer... can't be too far gone :o :eek: *wry grin*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    At what point does liking a particular celeb/zeleb or pofessional become very close to the wild-eyed Jacko fan, releasing doves?

I have noticed that some threads/supporters etc will literally not hear a bad word about either "their" pro or "their" star. It is quite funny when some even respond to any comment about "their" person.

What I think is more worrying, is those who take a hate against a particular person. It's frightening to read some of the posts.

I suppose the celebs can be fairly well protected as they don't really meet the gp on a one to one, but can't help wonder if the dancers could be in danger.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, I think that obsession either way is dangerous. Whoever you like or don't like, we all have to accept that the professional or the cel-zeleb are human and fallible. They can, will and do make mistakes. It is so scary when a very obvious fault, mistake, or error is defended, or posters attacked for mentioning it.

Not thinking that kelly, Alisha, Matt etc, or their Pro's are perfect doesn't make anyone a hater. Being attacked for an opinion may, hwever, have that affect.

Anyone who cannot differentiate between someone being human, with all that entails or seeing "their" person as somehow uberhuman or a deity has crossed the line - imo, of course.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they come off / stop taking the medication. :eek:
  • * Becca ** Becca * Posts: 4,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I crossed the line years ago. Never mind!