Toshiba RDXS34 - HDD/DVDR + Freeview

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    kieronishere has a point Munchkinn. I checked your link and the descriptions of the RDXS32 and the RDXS34 are identical except for the size of the HDD (80Gb and 160Gb respectively).
    If it does have a Freeview tuner then it is what I would like but if the price is too high I might build a PC with the Multi-media version of Windows XP. I could then choose to instal two tuner cards. My worry is to find a digital tuner card with sufficient quality, most I have seen reviewed are not too good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Lengore wrote:
    kieronishere has a point Munchkinn. I checked your link and the descriptions of the RDXS32 and the RDXS34 are identical except for the size of the HDD (80Gb and 160Gb respectively).
    If it does have a Freeview tuner then it is what I would like but if the price is too high I might build a PC with the Multi-media version of Windows XP.

I noticed it doesn't mention Freeview too, but in What Video mag it mentions a digital tuner... so I guess we'll know in March which is right... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I have just read the John Currie post on a new thread. I downloaded the user manual for the RD-XS34 and had a quick skim through.

Sadly it looks like the RD-XS34 is just a RD-XS32 with a larger HDD.
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your recent enquiry. Please find the information that you requested as follows:

We do not have a release date available for the RDXS34 but it is expected to be sometime during March.

Specification for the RDXS34 will not be available until nearer the time of the models release so unfortunately we can not confirm whether or not the model has a built in digital tuner or not..

If you have any further queries or would like to go through your query with an advisor you can contact us on 0115 9766958,
    Monday - Friday 8.00-20.00, Saturday 8.00-18.00 and Sunday 10.00-16.00, or feel free to reply by E-mail.

We trust that the information is to your satisfaction. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above number.

:rolleyes:
  • doverrogdoverrog Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Sorry gang but apparantly Toshiba don't beleive the UK market is important enough for them to have to include the price diference between an Analogue and Digital tuner.
    I understand they will do so when the European market is big enough!!!
    What a load of TOSH!!!!!! :(
    Forum Member
    It's all gone very quiet for a unit that was out in March! :D Anyone know some news? I've had a quick web search, but haven't found anything new as yet... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Now that the xs34 is available in the UK, I was wondering if anyone could confirm to me whether the UK manual gives indication as to whether the tuner covers the VHF band as well as the UHF band. In Ireland some of our cable channels go through on VHF. I know the UK website just says UHF, but would appreciate if someone could check the actual manual. I have a copy of the European manual but that's no good (Not PAL I).

Thanks

Also, any comments between this and the Panasonic EH50?