Options

Snitching...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,556
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you hear someone talk about a friend behind their back, would you tell?

I heard my close friend's boyfriend talk quite rudely about their sex life behind her back, and when I told my other friends they all agreed I should tell her. However, when I did the boyfriend called me a 'fcking liar' and now my friend refuses to talk to me as I was trying to 'stir sh!t'... :(

So would you risk the backlash, or would you just keep it to yourself?

Comments

• Options
    N20JetCarN20JetCar Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Depends on how close the friend is. If someone was being nasty to me behind my back I would probably want to be notified of it just so as I know where I am with the bitchiness.
  • Options
    Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on what's been said really ... and who you're telling.

Telling someone something about their BF/GF rarely ends well as the person you tell invariably doesn't believe you, and the other person denies everything.

or something...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    a close friend of mine once said to me, whilst we were out in a bar, "if a friend of yours ever saw your bf out with another girl would you want them to tell you?", i replied with yes, and then she said, "ok well your bf's stood at the bar with his ex"

good way of going about it i thought !
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N20JetCar wrote: »
    Depends on how close the friend is.

This...
    Depends on what's been said really

...and this.

I have friends who would take my word over their girlfriend;s any day of the week. We know each other long enough and well enough to know we wouldn't lie or stir shit with each other. Such friends I'd have no problem telling.

Of course, if I just overheard a friend's girlfriend telling one of her friend's that "their sex life was a bit bland" or something to that effect, I'd keep my nose out. It's not really my business on how they feel about their sex life. But if it were something like "<insert name here> is so totally shit in bed, its like f*cking a block of wood. He's so useless and it makes me cry for my ex's huge shlong...." etc, etc, I'd be more inclined to say something. One's a bit of chatter, whilst the other is belittling their partner - my friend - to someone else who's really got no business knowing such things.