EE get out of my pub

Comments

• BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of fun to remember one of the most well-known lines in EE history; wasn't supposed to be award winning acting!
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was fun and a nice light moment in what will be otherwise a pretty dark week.

I really enjoyed it.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringe.

Peggy's line and the only time an impression worked was Jean and when Ronnie was impersonating Peggy and Pat to cheer Roxy up (I think it was said then.)
  • Kenzie70Kenzie70 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite funny. Eastenders doesn't need to be serious and miserable all the time.
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some folk are far too critical.

We have a dramatic, emotional, dark week ,culminating in a murderer reveal.
    A light hearted, jokey scene that contains a nod to the past is fine by me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was this bit live? As I assumed they'd have filmed it again with the way he said it?

Also, it looked like Peggy was trying not to laugh as she walked away, so wondered if that was an error too.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muchacho wrote: »
    Was this bit live? As I assumed they'd have filmed it again with the way he said it?

Also, it looked like Peggy was trying not to laugh as she walked away, so wondered if that was an error too.

No it wasn't live.
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    It's a bit of fun to remember one of the most well-known lines in EE history; wasn't supposed to be award winning acting!

Exactly :D made me smile and laugh
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a great scene if I'm honest.
    Felt more like a send up.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Mick and I love Peggy but the whole scene just did not click for me, in real time I didn't believe that Mick would kick somebody out like that and when I look back on it it could have been delivered better. It's not the end of the world though, nice nod to Peggys past on the square
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was played perfectly. Mick wasnt serious. In Mick/Danny's mind it was "who's this cheeky little sort comng in here giving it the large, go on sling your hook"- rather than Mick actually being angry or offended at the criticism. It seemed Peggy got this vibe too.

It was friendly joshing
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some bat comes in wont spend any dosh just make nasty comments..lets not forget the Vic was a damp lemon when the Carters bought it..no wonder she didnt identify herself..her exit may have been more vertical
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scripting and delivery was terrible but it was worth it for the "Get out of my pub" line as that really made me laugh. I don't see it as an opportunity to jump on Danny Dyer or Barbara Windsor as it was a moment to step out of the unfolding storyline and raise a smile at Peggy's classic line. Loved it.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    It made me laugh but I think Peggy should have replied with 'no, YOU get outta MY pub'!

Pmsl!:-D:-D:-D
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Danny Dyer is a truly bad actor, a shame because in real life he's quite likeable (other than overtrying the laddishness) that line was badly delivered and the writing infantile.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    It would have been even funnier if Alfie had joined the fray too, with 'no, both of you can get out of MY pub' and then they all have a massive punch-up!

:-D:-D:-D:p
  • chatterbox57chatterbox57 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear mr dyer that was crap

I think he was very nervous having to deliver that iconic phrase. And it showed on Babs face, she thought it funny as well. Wonder how he will react when he realises it is Phils mum. That scene will be classic.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    The whole scene was cringeworthy. I usually love Danny Dyer but this was awful. Also the comment about the pump sticking was a bad mistake after the fire I agree. It was just two actors having fun and it didn't fit with the rest of the episode. I can't stand hammy acting. That scene should have been cut.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really didnt work did it!

and why were to doors open? if you are closed for a private function the doors would be locked - surely

painful and cringeworthy scene IMO
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »

lol exactly, some people on here take things in EE way to seriously. :D
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    It would have been even funnier if Alfie had joined the fray too, with 'no, both of you can get out of MY pub' and then they all have a massive punch-up!

:-D:-D:-D:p

And Alfie got accidentally killed :D
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    muchacho wrote: »

I thought exactly the same the way they were both smirking was a bit surreal considering it was pre - recorded.

Funny though from the radio and people I have spoke to today this is the scene that keeps cropping up
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both characters were out of character
    Mick would never talk to someone like that, but Peggy would also not allow anyone to talk to her like that

It was cringey
    The delivery from both actors atrocious as well.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny could recite a shopping list and I would love it, he does make me laff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    loved Peggy running her fingers looking for dust on the bar Lol, saying it needed dustig