Options

Freeze Out - ITV, starts on 03/08/2015 at 5pm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Are you involved with these two shows in any way? It sure sounds like it, praising them up to the hilt when they don't really deserve it.

Yeah, I have to say, that was my first thought too.

Has the whiff of ITV PR about it - but my apologies in advance if that poster is genuine.

Although I don't quite know how anyone could be so familiar with recent (awful) daytime output, but be totally clueless about shows like The Chase.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ]The best quiz show I watched this year was 1000 heartbeats. Loved that show and I hope they bring it back. No quiz show had ever implemented a game where what happens in your body could make the difference between winning £10000 and leaving with nothing. Brilliant stuff.

*Sigh* I suspect this poster isn't so much an ITV stooge as just very young - otherwise they'd know about flop shows from the recent past like The Chair, which used exactly this device.

But then, anyone who thinks Only Connect is a "show about hieryoglyphs", well, what can I say...? I hope you and your ice hockey nonsense are happy together.
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never liked Only Connect much either.

How can I put it - it seems like a show that's very pleased with itself about how hard it is and how clever the various puzzles are. A bit like Ask The Family was back in the seventies.

I found it quite dull the few times I've watched it and I generally like quiz shows.

Mind you,it's not as dull as Freeze Out,though.
  • Options
    Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! Just how hopeless are todays contestants?

Round 1: One took 88 seconds and the next timed out as they took even longer!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV really ought to sack whoever has been behind these recent commissions.

Wtf is the point of the 'ice judge'?

Why not just do an air hockey tournament?
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! Just how hopeless are todays contestants?

Round 1: One took 88 seconds and the next timed out as they took even longer!

and so far Napoleon lost at the Battle of Hastings and Guy Fawkes night is in October.. If wars were fought on general knowledge we`d av lost both
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawn and Crown Green are versions of which game.. "Pass" :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    and so far Napoleon lost at the Battle of Hastings and Guy Fawkes night is in October.. If wars were fought on general knowledge we`d av lost both

:D Yes the ignorance level is high today. Should be quite painful to watch (More so than usual!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Lawn and Crown Green are versions of which game.. "Pass" :blush:

Lawn Mower Racing? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's the end of Maeve.

"I think you can go home with your head held high",says Mr Host.

This is the player that thought Napoleon was the English King at the Battle of Hastings.

The good news is after today there's only four more days of this to go.
  • Options
    Thomas_CraigieThomas_Craigie Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    When you thought ITV couldn't scrape the barrel any more following the abomination that is Tipping Point, they came up with Ejector Seat. Then managing to plumb the depths more than Captain Nemo ever did, they created 1000 Heartbeats (or as Vernon Kay would say, "A thoo-sund hurt-beets" and NOW, my lord they managed to sink even lower!

What is wrong with Freeze Out?

1. Mark Duh-dun Smith
    2. Uriah Renee(?) who looks like a mounted scarecrow and just as intimidating
    3. The pace is nauseating. Even the grass outside has grown half an inch in this time
    4. The randomness of the question difficulty e.g. 100 points - Qantas is the national airline of.... yet 30 points - The front pocket of a kilt is called....
    5. How many times does Duh-den Smith need to say 'slide on'
    6. Round 3 is effectively Catchphrase on ice
    7. The 'ice judge' is totally pointless
    8. Someone at ITV has clearly played air hockey and thought 'that's a quiz show right there'
    9. Everything....the concept....just...everything

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    The ice judge has the easiest job on television.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ice judge is the best thing about this show, I love his random points to camera when announcing "It's a double!", he sounds so happy :D

That and the random boy who comes on to shove the disks forward a bit in Round 1.

I have to derive my entertainment where I can in this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ice judge has the easiest job on television.

And yet he manages to be absolutely woeful. It's amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop asking the Judge who is even futher away! It's a 'kin joke!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the ridiculous rule change regarding the slider crossing the line that comes half way though the show, why would anyone gamble on winning the ten grand?

Worst. Show. Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you thought ITV couldn't scrape the barrel any more following the abomination that is Tipping Point, they came up with Ejector Seat. Then managing to plumb the depths more than Captain Nemo ever did, they created 1000 Heartbeats (or as Vernon Kay would say, "A thoo-sund hurt-beets" and NOW, my lord they managed to sink even lower!

What is wrong with Freeze Out?

1. Mark Duh-dun Smith
    2. Uriah Renee(?) who looks like a mounted scarecrow and just as intimidating
    3. The pace is nauseating. Even the grass outside has grown half an inch in this time
    4. The randomness of the question difficulty e.g. 100 points - Qantas is the national airline of.... yet 30 points - The front pocket of a kilt is called....
    5. How many times does Duh-den Smith need to say 'slide on'
    6. Round 3 is effectively Catchphrase on ice
    7. The 'ice judge' is totally pointless
    8. Someone at ITV has clearly played air hockey and thought 'that's a quiz show right there'
    9. Everything....the concept....just...everything.

Welcome to Digital Spy. I see you have been a member since last May. And this is your first post! You certainly waited a while before contributing.:)

Anyway pretty much everything you have said is true.

You could have added:

10. The £10,000 jackpot is next to impossible to win. The centre red spot that you have to hit to win it is hardly bigger than the slider. Nobody has yet tried to go for it and probably nobody will.

You do wonder how shows like this get commissioned. OK it's only a pilot run for two weeks,but how anybody could look at this and think,"Yep,that could be a goer",I don't know.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop asking the Judge who is even futher away! It's a 'kin joke!
    Someone must tell him in his earpiece whether it's good or bad because as you said he is the furthest away than anyone. Thank god this dire show will disappear without trace after this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Someone must tell him in his earpiece whether it's good or bad because as you said he is the furthest away than anyone. Thank god this dire show will disappear without trace after this week.

Of course someone tells him in his earpiece and so he is completly pointless! Give the earpiece to the presenter and get rid of the ref. No one is being fooled.
  • Options
    Thomas_CraigieThomas_Craigie Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Welcome to Digital Spy. I see you have been a member since last May. And this is your first post! You certainly waited a while before contributing.:)

You could have added:

10. The £10,000 jackpot is next to impossible to win. The centre red spot that you have to hit to win it is hardly bigger than the slider. Nobody has yet tried to go for it and probably nobody will.

You do wonder how shows like this get commissioned. OK it's only a pilot run for two weeks,but how anybody could look at this and think,"Yep,that could be a goer",I don't know.
    Thank you - I tend to peruse the forums rather than post anything but this show is SO bad I had to say something. I can't wait for ITV to introduce Celebrity Tiddlywinks next....
  • Options
    GameshowGeekGameshowGeek Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    On The Chase thread last week when somebody mentioned this,I predicted it would be Alan Partridge stuff,another ITV quiz show in the tradition of Take On The Twisters and Ejector Seat.

Having seen ten minutes of it I've seen nothing that would make me alter that view.

"

I went on a hunt for this thread to see how long it would take to see if someone had compared it to Take On The Twisters, didnt expect it to be so soon hahaha

But yes, this show is terrible. And this is coming from an actual contestant from Take On The Twisters, its way worse. So glad I didn't take the time to fill out the application from this. No doubt itll be 'sliding off' after this run.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It ends this week with another new show called rebound on Monday.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

You could have added:

They must have tried it out during the development.

You've got to wonder at the commisioners.
    a) We have a gameshow where the top prize is impossible to win. The players & viewers are going to spot that and won't be very happy.
    b) We have a gameshow where the top pize is impossible to win. Great!
  • Options
    TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    It ends this week with another new show called rebound on Monday.

"Thames is to produce 10 x 60-minute series Rebound, a quiz fronted by Good Morning Britain anchor Fletcher, in which players answer questions in a head-to-head format.

The players must give as many correct answers as they can in the time it takes a Rebound Bar to move across the studio. The more correct answers, the more money they win."

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/itv-orders-two-fremantle-daytime-formats/5090071.article

Sounds a bit better...perhaps?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Thames is to produce 10 x 60-minute series Rebound, a quiz fronted by Good Morning Britain anchor Fletcher, in which players answer questions in a head-to-head format.

The players must give as many correct answers as they can in the time it takes a Rebound Bar to move across the studio. The more correct answers, the more money they win."

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/itv-orders-two-fremantle-daytime-formats/5090071.article

Sounds a bit better...perhaps?!

Well it might be. It might not. It sounds like just another not very interesting quiz show with an unnecessary gimmick. It's like the latest Nick Knowles thing on Saturday nights during the lottery show. They've got this huge Newton's cradle thing that determines how much time you get to answer questions in the bonus round. Rather than just say,for every question you get right you get an extra five seconds,or whatever,they crank up the cradle another notch,so it'll take longer for it to stop.

Any time I see something like this I think,what's the point of that?

I might be wrong. Maybe Rebound will be fantastic!

We shall see.