Have you ever had an affair?

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And if so are you more faithful now thats its over or could you be tempted again?

Comments

• Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have. Lust is a terrible/wonderful thing.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Have you?
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I haven't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm just too cynical, but lately there seem to have been a lot of threads of the type "How much cash do you carry on you? What time do you get home from work? What's your PIN number?", and now we've got "Is there anything I can use to blackmail you?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just too cynical, but lately there seem to have been a lot of threads of the type "How much cash do you carry on you? What time do you get home from work? What's your PIN number?", and now we've got "Is there anything I can use to blackmail you?"

Are you hiding something. :)
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive not had an affair, but i have strayed before.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    Ive not had an affair, but i have strayed before.

Same.

I think there is a big difference really. Both are wrong but I think an ongoing affair is just so much more hurtful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No after having my first boyfriend cheat on me I'd never do that to someone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Same.

I think there is a big difference really. Both are wrong but I think an ongoing affair is just so much more hurtful.

Both hurtful but I think I understand the ongoing affair more than the one off. Though I could probably forgive the one off more than I could the affair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother has had numerous affairs but these girls always cheat on him further down the line and he wonders why.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both hurtful but I think I understand the ongoing affair more than the one off. Though I could probably forgive the one off more than I could the affair.

I'm the other way round, I can understand a one off thing most. A moment of madness, something to be regretted afterwards usually with someone who doesn't mean anything. An ongoing affair usually means theres been a lot of lying, sneaking around and feelings involved.

I think both are very hurtful and wrong though. I'd never do it again.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No never.
  • denzldenzl Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That reminds me, i must renew my membership at http://www.extramaritalencounter.co.uk/ :D
  • GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope! I've been married nearly thirty years, and despite offers I've never been tempted even once. I think if you love someone then you don't want to risk hurting them.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, never. Even if I wanted to I'd be far too worried about the fallout if I was caught.

I know by fiancé was unfaithful several times, with more than one woman, in his previous long term relationship. When he told me about this (which he was reluctant to do) I was concernced, but on learning more about the circumstances, I have come to see that things aren't black and white. He was stupid, thoughtless and cowardly in having affairs rather than facing up to the fact that the relationship was over, and it's awful that he hurt his ex partner so badly, but he really is a different man these days.

I do trust him completely, despite his past and I hope he never gives me cause to question (or regret) that.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A year and a bit on I'm still trying to get over one that was inflicted on me. An absolute head bender to deal with.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goneril wrote: »
    Nope! I've been married nearly thirty years, and despite offers I've never been tempted even once. I think if you love someone then you don't want to risk hurting them.

Yip, I cannot even imagine kissing anyone else never mind anything else. I love him so much he's the only one I want. If there ever comes a day I want to kiss, have sex with someone else than I'll know that I just don't love him enough anymore and it's the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Yip, I cannot even imagine kissing anyone else never mind anything else. I love him so much he's the only one I want. If there ever comes a day I want to kiss, have sex with someone else than I'll know that I just don't love him enough anymore and it's the end.

I have thought this way for a very long time about my partner (soon to be Husband) and I came to the genuine conclusion the other day that if we did break-up, for whatever reason, then I'd actually come out as a lesbian.

I feel so strongly that he's the only man I'd ever really want in that way, that it's impossible for me to think of any other outcome.
  • GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly how I feel, Netcurtains. To even kiss someone in a more than fraternal way would seem like a huge betrayal.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have thought this way for a very long time about my partner (soon to be Husband) and I came to the genuine conclusion the other day that if we did break-up, for whatever reason, then I'd actually come out as a lesbian.

I feel so strongly that he's the only man I'd ever really want in that way, that it's impossible for me to think of any other outcome.

That's beautiful. :)

That was the way I felt about my ex girlfriend. I couldn't even find myself being attracted to other women any more.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalliance in my younger years (no kids, marriage or co-habitation etc involved... More of an 'overlap' than anything else :eek:)

With my Ex the fact that I was sorely tempted by someone else was the final nail in the coffin of our no so good relationship.

With current partner i've not even so much as seen another bloke and thought 'pwhaor' in all the time we've been together :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...mentally...Come ON. Haven't we all? The best thing about mental affairs is not actually the man. It is the fact that I am younger, thinner and much less awkward in them.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly how I feel, Netcurtains. To even kiss someone in a more than fraternal way would seem like a huge betrayal.

Nice insight into the female mind, but sadly most men don't think that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I could imagine kissing or shagging someone else, I just wouldn't do it. I do find other men attractive both physically and sexually, however, I just don't want other men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Nice insight into the female mind, but sadly most men don't think that way.

Those particular women. Men have to have affairs with someone, and a lot of the women they have affairs with are also married.