This Is England 88

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
Forum Member
I just saw this on fb. Its back on our screens at Christmas. I can't wait. I loved the film and the first series. Anyone else looking forward to it? https://www.facebook.com/thisisengland86

Comments

• hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Yes I can't wait :) I loved this is England and this is England 86, so I'm really looking forward to this. This is England 90 has also been commissioned by channel 4, that's something else to look forward to.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Great! Something of quality to watch without plastic good looking actors.

Down to earth and gripping.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow cool can't wait, really wasn't expecting this.
    I hope the storylines are as hard hitting as last time.
    Forum Member
    Oh yes it starts on Tuesday 13th December.
  • SonofaBeastSonofaBeast Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I've just seen the trailer - can't wait! Vicky McClure is a fantastic actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Never easy to watch but always worth it - I can't wait!
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw ads for it last night, really going to be a highlight of the year. Vicky McClure really is a superb actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to this. Vicky McClure is amazing. Anyone know if Stephen Graham is appearing??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to this. Vicky McClure is amazing. Anyone know if Stephen Graham is appearing??

Yes.

He is in the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iZIQNyYfl9w
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    '86 was amazing, and been waiting for the Christmas special episodes since. Then we have '90 next year! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Shane Meadows is fantastic.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame its only in 3 parts :(
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Tis better than nothing. :)
    Forum Member
    pk_2002 wrote: »

It's really bad when they seem like old friends and I can't wait to catch up with them.

I think that is the sign of something done well.

They are not pretty or perfect, but very human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks interesting. It will be fun to see how life in England was in 1988. Maybe I can catch the other series on YouTube?
    Forum Member
    sigmundv wrote: »
    This looks interesting. It will be fun to see how life in England was in 1988. Maybe I can catch the other series on YouTube?

You simply must see:

This is England (The Film)
    This is England 86

Before you watch this one. All journeys must begin at the start.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this advertised last night, and i whopped in delight. I adore this. Cant wait.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome!. start date of '88 passed me by some how?
    Forum Member
    I've just re-watched the film today and plan to fit in a re-run of This Is England 86 to refreash myself for '88.

Gripping stuff.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if 88 will be as poo as the previous two films, the most over rated films I've ever seen.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    I wonder if 88 will be as poo as the previous two films, the most over rated films I've ever seen.

Your choice of word to describe what you thought of the film says it all about you...
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Great interview with Vicky McClure in the Sunday Times magazine, she seems like such a down to earth girl, still lives at home with her parents, and has only given up her job to do full time acting after winning the bafta, she's in a new film with Kiera Knightley, would like to see her do well as she'sseriously talented.
    Very much looking forward to this new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for TIE 88 - the previous installments were amazing, the scenes with Lol and her father were horrific, compelling and brilliantly played by the actors. Love Woody, i think its his thick accent, you can't beat a good northern accent! Roll on 13th!
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds good :D Loved all the others. Wonder if this will be as gritty as 86
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In one of the articles in the link it says:
    Woody’s been ostracised from the gang

Anyone know why this is? I did watch This is England '86 but can't remember it all that well. Did Woody do something to piss them all off?
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one of the articles in the link it says:

Anyone know why this is? I did watch This is England '86 but can't remember it all that well. Did Woody do something to piss them all off?

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen Woody in the trailer? Is it because Joe Gilgun is in Misfits now and filming clashed?