My cat won't let me sleep in :(

124»

Comments

• miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's with letting cats sleeping in the kitchen?! That's so unhygenic, our two cats have took up the spare bedroom as their own which is a nightmare to clean but they're quite happy to sleep and lounge about in there during the night and can jump out the window should they like to go out.

It's only unhygienic if you don't bother cleaning it each day. Not all of us have the luxury of having a spare room to keep our pets in!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm used to my cat rising between 4am - 6am, depending on his mood / the season. I get up and let him out. He goes out (only if it's daylight) and then he comes in via the catflap for attention, and then I grab another hour's sleep before getting up for work. Repeat 7 days a week.

Cat's are totally selfish and self-absorbed and don't understand the concept that humans need sleep. But I can forgive them their foibles because, well, they are such great company. That's not to say that there aren't some days when ... grrrrrrrr (shakes fist). :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roooty wrote: »
    I'm used to my cat rising between 4am - 6am, depending on his mood / the season. I get up and let him out. He goes out (only if it's daylight) and then he comes in via the catflap for attention, and then I grab another hour's sleep before getting up for work. Repeat 7 days a week.

Cat's are totally selfish and self-absorbed and don't understand the concept that humans need sleep. But I can forgive them their foibles because, well, they are such great company. That's not to say that there aren't some days when ... grrrrrrrr (shakes fist). :D

Im with you on that one Roooty. Even at weekends my cat "nips" at my feet that are hanging out the bottom of the bed. Once I'm wide awake, she'll trot off out for hours on end. Meanwhile I'm wide awake and have to get up!

Grrrrrrrr.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found the secret to a lie in. It's the sedation my little boy had for his op which kept him quiet for a couple of days or the fact that he had a cone on for a couples of days to allow he 'area' to heal, anyway got up naturally at 7.30am both days. However I would not recommend this method going forward.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Ours are improving a lot. it used to be that Ella would open the bedroom door and then effie would make a pest of herself till she got you up but now they wait till they hear us stir before doing it.

The excitement of them seeing us each morning is something to behold!!
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    Ours are improving a lot. it used to be that Ella would open the bedroom door and then effie would make a pest of herself till she got you up but now they wait till they hear us stir before doing it.

The excitement of them seeing us each morning is something to behold!!

I had an Ella for nearly 18 years until 5 weeks ago. I used to complain about her waking me at 5.30 every morning (when our alarm goes off on working days).

There's not much I'd love more than for her still to be waking me in the mornings. Losing the chance to sleep in would be a small price to pay to still have her. :cry:
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Jerrica how is it going?
    I would definitely have a consistent routine for your cat so that she sleeps in the same place every night. Two days a week is not enough to get her used to the idea and is very confusing for her, so she is likely do a lot of complaining. My cats are allowed in the bedroom during the day (and they would love to spend the night there too!) but they have always slept downstairs and never cry during the night because it's their routine. I love my cats but I also love my sleep and there is no way I would have it disrupted by the little beggars:D
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    fizzycat wrote: »
    I had an Ella for nearly 18 years until 5 weeks ago. I used to complain about her waking me at 5.30 every morning (when our alarm goes off on working days).

There's not much I'd love more than for her still to be waking me in the mornings. Losing the chance to sleep in would be a small price to pay to still have her. :cry:

Awww bless fizzycat. Sorry to hear you have lost your Ella.Ours is loved very much and I can understand how you must be feeling x