Options

Nadia?

elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else notice that Nadia was the only competitor to neither be mentioned or featured in any of the montages? Seems like she's the airbrushed-from-history Steve Brookstein of Dancing On Ice.

Comments

• Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Didn't realised til you posted! Maybe she wasy busy?!
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I thought she was mentioned in the VT, then cut to Angela..

Either she was busy or...

they took exception to her honest feelings about the twists and how the show is basically edited in a way to get the most publicity etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they took exception to her honest feelings about the twists and how the show is basically edited in a way to get the most publicity etc

That's what I suspected too. Not sure about the quick mention, I might have missed it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't airbrush her out.

When the VTs started, Karen popped up saying "Nadia and Angela were out very early so it was very hard to see them go" and we had a clip of Nadia and photo.

Then it cut to Angela skating out of the tunnel. They could've given a reason why Nadia wasn't there, though.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I thought she was gonna come on after Angela; seeing as Mark was there and performed in the showdance for Laura (sans top)... and I saw him at the end...

Shame really, I liked her performance and her personality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About wrote: »
    They didn't airbrush her out.

When the VTs started, Karen popped up saying "Nadia and Angela were out very early so it was very hard to see them go" and we had a clip of Nadia and photo.

Ah, fair enough. Must have been pretty 'blink and you'll miss it' though. And strange that she wasn't there when Craig Mclachlan and Vanilla Ice could make their respective plane trips.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's not that she just couldn't be bothered - very disrespectful to Mark that more than anything, especially as Craig flew in from Australia just for the final.
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't hold back with her views in her Mirror column each week, felt she had been screwed a bit in the 'skateoff' thing in the week she took part in. Probably decided she didn't want to revisit.

Can't be injury or she would have been in the audience. I liked her and mark :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't mentioned anything about DOI on her twitter page, I thought she might have acknowleged it was the final and wished the competitiors good luck if nothing else!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought it was in her contract to be in the final ???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was probably to busy cooking she seems to have turned into an Expert since she won Masterchef, she is always tweeting recipies!