Options

Princess Beatrice - embarrassment

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    Beatrice's security and the rent of her flat are paid for by her father, not by the taxpayer. Andrew gets money from the Queen to cover his expenses for the royal duties he does (and although the Daily Mail would have you think otherwise, Andrew is actually in the top 4 royals for the number of duties he carries out), but he pays for his daughters' security out of his own private money. All the royals have trust funds, have had for decades, people may not like it that's just the way it is. Beatrice and Eugenie have trust funds - one multi-million one set up by the Queen Mother for her great-grandchildren, and one set up by the Queen when Andrew and Sarah divorced, so they're never going to be short of money themselves. Basically, they're just rich young women who don't need to work for income if they don't want to. That's not to say they wouldn't be better working - I think they would, and I'm glad Eugenie has a job. I daresay Beatrice will marry her long-term boyfriend within the next year or two (I believe he's pretty wealthy too, or his people are), have kids and continue with some charity work, the usual life of an aristocratic woman who doesn't have to worry about money. Even if we got rid of the monarchy tomorrow, she and the others will still be rich and privileged in a way none of the rest of us are. That's just the way it is.

And the Queen gets the money from tax payers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This lazy girl does nothing but go on holiday all the time. She is worse than Coleen Rooney !!!!

And holiday from what, exactly, when she doesn't work? Mucking about on Air Miles Andy's website doesn't actually count as work. It's obvious where she gets her work ethic from eh Andy?!

The Queen needs to sort this out, letting her freeload like this. Given her love of jetting off, why doesn't she do something useful like get out to third world countries and do something decent instead of buggering off to the Bahamas, pi$$ing off to Portugal or frigging off to France all the time?

She is a complete waste of space I think. She has as much point to her as the low lifes on celebrity chav shows.

She is really making me climb my soapbox today.

I fully agree with the bit in bold. To think, Cameron is targeting those on non-working benefits and yet here we have Princess Beatrice shamefully having holiday after holiday at the tax payers' expense. Will Cameron criticise her? I doubt it.
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not exactly the only person rich enough to not have to work, is she? Rich kids from rich families get to do whatever they want, not exactly headline news is it? There are millions of them out there.

The monarchy is worth every penny just to keep D Cameron's face off our money and stamps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    She's not exactly the only person rich enough to not have to work, is she? Rich kids from rich families get to do whatever they want, not exactly headline news is it? There are millions of them out there.

The monarchy is worth every penny just to keep D Cameron's face off our money and stamps.

The difference is, they're not using tax payers' money to do it.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bea is currently in Barbados on her 15th holiday in six months :o,
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She must be exhausted from going on so many. So she needs another one to recover :p
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She might as well work as a travel writer at least that would be a productive way to do what she loves best.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The security officers sure landed themselves a fantastic job, didn't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might as well work as a travel writer at least that would be a productive way to do what she loves best.

Work? :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If true, she's being completely selfish.
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The difference is, they're not using tax payers' money to do it.

Have you stopped to consider how much a president and all their entourage would be spending as an alternative? Are there any presidents anywhere in the world that you would choose as your leader?

Better the devil you know IMHO
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you stopped to consider how much a president and all their entourage would be spending as an alternative? Are there any presidents anywhere in the world that you would choose as your leader?

the queen and her family cost over 100 times what the Irish president costs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You were talking about Princess Beatrice, not the President. Besides, this thread's bout Princess Beatrice.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    the queen and her family cost over 100 times what the Irish president costs.

Ireland is a small, low profile country. Britain is not.
  • Options
    BatanyaBatanya Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Ireland is a small, low profile country. Britain is not.

You've obviously never watched the Eurovision Song Contest! :D
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batanya wrote: »
    You've obviously never watched the Eurovision Song Contest! :D

:D At least we made the cut though ( wait why does that seem hollow....consolation prize lol).

The shows a joke, British music dominates European music charts but sadly it's not reflected in such programmes. Other countries have top musicians representing them but we have the scraps at the bottom of the barrel representing us????? Let's stick our top artists up there let's see how recognised musically we'll be......oh but darn artists won't because they know the results are merely political and not based on credibility.

As for bea, it is her 15th holiday the tally has been evident every time she's gone on holiday over the last 6 months. Come on who really needs that many holidays? Nobody, so is she just taking the proverbial piss?:o:D seems so, she must be aware of the criticism she attracts.

I thought she'd started a new job in New York? It seems to cater well to her need of multiple vacations.:p oh the life of a royal freeloader......

And regardless of what people say, whether it's security, trustfunds, mummy and daddy's bank or the queen donating personal funds it all leads back to the taxpayers....wrap it up as you will. And please don't say the RF are worth it due to tourism, no one wants to see such minor royals in any capacity, therefore shouldn't really be expected to be KEPT by the populus.

The direct line of succession ought to be supported but the hangers on/opportunistic/leeches need the purse strings cutting.:p I feel in the future if such blatant distasteful acts carry on, by such minor royals, it'll sadly impact negatively on the entire RFs future, popular opinion is all ready turning just look at Billy boy and kaity Doolittle.:D I agree with Charles the extensions need to be trimmed down, or there may be a growing demand for a republic judging by many forums etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He takes expensive gifts (if it is a gift from Apple), despite having millions.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

Expensive, vulgar and useless. The watch isn't up to much either :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the same as the cheap-er ones only tarted up, perfect for him.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good one. :D:D
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The royals doing product placement now?

Andrew is a complete joke now
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    As far as I know, Prince Andrew has a playboy lifestyle. It seems they're similar. The Conservatives have declared war on people on non-working benefits and yet here we have royalty that might be having holidays and everything that's probably being paid for with people's taxes.

Good point. Especially after dear old Lizzie can't afford to keep her staff & there's been a series of redundancies with loyal staff... Not that I've any sympathy for them! They knew the deal! Can't believe anyone has such low opinions of themselves that they'd work for such a low salary to maintain such a bunch of freeloaders. Down with the lot of them. They don't even give good headlines anymore! At least Margaret led a rock'n'roll life style, sniffing coke of the carpets with Elton. If yer gonna be rich & spoilt - OWN IT!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    What on earth have Paris, Tamara or anyone else got to do with this? We're talking idle about royals being funded out of taxpayers. Yawn.
    We are talking about affluent young trust fund beneficiaries having a life of ease and luxury.
    Lou17 wrote: »
    :

As for bea, it is her 15th holiday the tally has been evident every time she's gone on holiday over the last 6 months. Come on who really needs that many holidays? Nobody, so is she just taking the proverbial piss?:o:D seems so, she must be aware of the criticism she attracts.
    it'll sadly impact negatively on the entire RFs future, popular opinion is all ready turning just look at Billy boy and kaity Doolittle.:D I agree with Charles the extensions need to be trimmed down, or there may be a growing demand for a republic judging by many forums etc.
    I don't envy the Beatrice's of the world. She must know, at some level, that her life is shallow and pointless. As for Katherine, afaik she is doing the same as Zara, ie looking after her small children. Zara trained as a physiotherapist, but I don't think she ever practised.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are talking about affluent young trust fund beneficiaries having a life of ease and luxury.

I don't envy the Beatrice's of the world. She must know, at some level, that her life is shallow and pointless. As for Katherine, afaik she is doing the same as Zara, ie looking after her small children. Zara trained as a physiotherapist, but I don't think she ever practised.

No we're talking about Beatrice who happens to be a royal.

You don't honestly believe that she's concerned that her life is "shallow and pointless". I doubt whether she recognises it even is. :D:D