Options

We should pull out

Comments

• Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaysus I thought you would do well. I liked your song.

Catchy enough but an obvious rip off of a rip off. Poor male vocals. No energy in vocalists' performance. Dancers not up to much either.
  • Options
    JordanPJordanP Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    We will never leave... It's a cheap way for the BBC to get lots of viewers, always does well on the ratings so they will keep it. Us having an act draws in viewers, people tune I to see them perform.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Crap song performed by 2 singers who looked like they would rather have been somewhere else!

Surely with a song like that they could have at least attempted a few real dance moves while the other one was singing? Two tailors dummies singing a great Charleston song.... And they blew it!
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if we leave the EBU there would be less quality tv, being part of the EBU allows the uk to experience a variety of shows that would not normally be shown
    the eurovision is only a small part of what the EBU does
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    How did Austria end up with no points at all. Did they put out a quiet word for no votes so they don't have to stage it again?

Austria was my favourite of them all.
    Ours wasn't that bad.

We could have a supergroup of Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Elton John, Rod Stewart backed by One direction and we'd STILL come bottom.
    It's such a bloody farce.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I'm really sorry but I think you should read some of the general threads, then you'll realise you're wrong.

Most of us really disliked our entry this year, most of us predicted it would come last, most of us couldn't even be bothered with it and were far more interested in discussing our personal favourites (most of which made the top 10).

The Eurovision thread is not just for the ones who frequent it but for anyone regardless of how often they use it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Time we pulled out. There is no way UK will ever win.

I agree but doubt it will ever happen - we'll just keep humiliating ourselves regardless of whether a song was sung by a huge band like One Direction we'd still not win !
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone should petulantly pull out,it's Ireland; 7 times winners and now rarely even qualify.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Ireland don't WANT to win again - they can't afford to stage the show anytime soon!
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    claire33 wrote: »
    The Eurovision thread is not just for the ones who frequent it but for anyone regardless of how often they use it.

I didn't say that though, did I? I voiced an opinion, and in the post you quoted I simply told the poster I felt he was wrong, giving evidence as to why.

You started the thread with your opinion - fine. I'm also allowed to voice my opinion in response.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    a01020304 wrote: »
    if we leave the EBU there would be less quality tv, being part of the EBU allows the uk to experience a variety of shows that would not normally be shown
    the eurovision is only a small part of what the EBU does

Like what ? :cool:
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything France should but not UK.
  • Options
    freeteefreetee Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    We should all get a vote on the song for Eurovision, people should get to send in songs or audition and then we could have a TV show and vote ourselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yaaaawwwwwn.

Every year this exact same thread gets created. It's like Groundhog Day.

And every year, a country that hasn't won it for years wins the contest...and yet, the same thread is created time and again.

What is this British sense of entitlement? Have you never thought that *one* of the reasons other countries do well is that they submit their most popular performers, who already have massive fanbases behind them?

Submit a strong popular song, like Italy, and we'll do well again. End of story. Goodbye til next year.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Like what ? :cool:

The EBU collection of broadcasters ensure that sporting events like the Olympics and footbally type competitions can be broadcast to all members, they set up the feed and shit for it

So just pulling out because some people are having a hissy fit when the UK don't send a good enough song is not really the point

Sure, we don't have to do Eurovision, but as it comes as part of a package deal, why not?
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say that though, did I? I voiced an opinion, and in the post you quoted I simply told the poster I felt he was wrong, giving evidence as to why.

You started the thread with your opinion - fine. I'm also allowed to voice my opinion in response.

(Admire Mrs.Checks for taking this on. :D:p) (Sits back and eats popcorn)

Let's all jump on the bandwagon! We have no friends! Let's pull out! That darn neighbour voting! No one likes us! That's politics for you! What a farce! Fix!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are allowed to voice your opinion as do ones making embarrassing threads like I according to one :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaaawwwwwn.

And every year, a country that hasn't won it for years wins the contest...and yet, the same thread is created time and again.

What is this British sense of entitlement? Have you never thought that *one* of the reasons other countries do well is that they submit their most popular performers, who already have massive fanbases behind them?

Submit a strong popular song, like Italy, and we'll do well again. End of story. Goodbye til next year.

Thank you!

I would have preferred an Italian win, they haven't won since 1990 and Sweden only triumphed in 2012, but hey, it was voted for by the people and juries of the member states, so I'm cool with it

Someone in the General Discussion thread this week said that this forum puts up with this every year - and that he didn't like the Chelsea Flower Show, but wouldn't dream of crashing their thread saying "Flowers are rubbish!" as an opening post
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Yaaaawwwwwn.

And that's it in a nutshell :)
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'd have bothered to say "What a surprise!" every time a country voted for their near neighbours, I'd have a bit of a sore throat right now.

The UK should just take the p even more obviously, pulling out would look really bad and childish.
  • Options
    batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UK pumps a lot of money into Eurovision, it's the only reason we get a bye into the competition. Let's pull out and see if they can then afford it all then.
    No-one likes the UK. One direction could get on stage and sing stark b*ll*ck naked and we'd still end up the bottom end of the board.
    Building bridges? Load of shite. Seems being a bloke in a dress or a morbidly obese Serbian or singing in a wheelchair shows we are all united and it's one love with no prejudice....... Unless you're from the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    (Admire Mrs.Checks for taking this on. :D:p) (Sits back and eats popcorn)

Let's all jump on the bandwagon! We have no friends! Let's pull out! That darn neighbour voting! No one likes us! That's politics for you! What a farce! Fix!

:D:D:D

Don't forget "Bring Back Wogan!"

and the ultimate classic

"We could send Adele or Elton John and we still wouldn't get any votes"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    The UK pumps a lot of money into Eurovision, it's the only reason we get a bye into the competition. Let's pull out and see if they can then afford it all then.
    No-one likes the UK. One direction could get on stage and sing stark b*ll*ck naked and we'd still end up the bottom end of the board.
    Building bridges? Load of shite. Seems being a bloke in a dress or a morbidly obese Serbian or singing in a wheelchair shows we are all united and it's one love with no prejudice....... Unless you're from the UK.

And we have a Eurovision Bingo winner ladies and gents! Every cliche included in this one concise post - congratulations! And celebrations!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    If I'd have bothered to say "What a surprise!" every time a country voted for their near neighbours, I'd have a bit of a sore throat right now.

The UK should just take the p even more obviously, pulling out would look really bad and childish.

Like when the Irish gave the UK a point tonight?
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    And we have a Eurovision Bingo winner ladies and gents! Every cliche included in this one concise post - congratulations! And celebrations!

I literally lol'd when I read your post then this... Bingo! :D:D Ahhh God...