Did Simon really write this?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1216245/SIMON-COWELL-A-letter-shallow-reckless-cocky-younger-self.html

I kind of hope he didn't. It's sort of stupid...

I love the bit about wanting to ask his friends to leave....lovely.

Comments

• Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I have to disagree.... it's a great piece. Those in his age group will completely understand where he's coming from. Those born in the 80s and later should read carefully and take notice.

And if he struggled as much as he makes it to seem... RESPECT!
  • xDannyxDanny Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not a letter, that's a book! I got about a quarter way through and got bored.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus H Christ, that was an acceptance speech
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all in his biography, so anyone could have written it.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xDanny wrote: »
    That's not a letter, that's a book! I got about a quarter way through and got bored.

Same here, my eyes were weeping through tiredness.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Well, It's not me that wrote it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Self satisfied rubbish ,trotted out buy some ghost writer.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xDanny wrote: »

Oh heck, me too. I was struggling to maintain concentration after paragraph two.

Pretentious drivel. :sleep:
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a direct lift from "I don't mean to be rude but" (his autobiography).Standard Simon Cowell crap, showing off about his car, his wealth and rubbing the Daily Mail reader's noses in the fact that they aren't invited to his fabulous 50th birthday party next week!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I'll be rushing out to buy this self-indulgent tome.

These books are predominantly written by lowly ghostwriters anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

You can get it on Amazon for a penny Sloopy, it's been out for a few years now and it's utter tripe.
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

It was written by Simon's brother.
  • Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a dick.

Nearly ran me over on my mountain bike in his black Ferrari a few years back in Kensington, luckily the lights changed so I was able to pedal up to his window, and give him the finger, 5 inches from his face.

He accelerated forwards as soon as the lights went, I was up for punching the fool in the head and he knew it. Only realised it was him after he'd burned away.

Never liked him since, and this puff piece confirms why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    He's a dick.

Nearly ran me over on my mountain bike in his black Ferrari a few years back in Kensington, luckily the lights changed so I was able to pedal up to his window, and give him the finger, 5 inches from his face.

He accelerated forwards as soon as the lights went, I was up for punching the fool in the head and he knew it. Only realised it was him after he'd burned away.

Never liked him since, and this puff piece confirms why.
    The bigger the car, the smaller the penis - looks like Simon's the proof of that little gem. I can just imagine him having no time for cyclists too.
  • Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bigger the car, the smaller the penis - looks like Simon's the proof of that little gem. I can just imagine him having no time for cyclists too.

I'm six foot tall, not sure how big he is stood up but I towered over him sat in his low car, and having been pedalling around London all morning I was all puffed up and well up for a ruck.

Damn fool cut me up on a narrow street, if I hadn't taken evasive action I would have been under his wheels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    I'm six foot tall, not sure how big he is stood up but I towered over him sat in his low car, and having been pedalling around London all morning I was all puffed up and well up for a ruck.

Damn fool cut me up on a narrow street, if I hadn't taken evasive action I would have been under his wheels.
    He's a short arse, he claims to be 5ft 8 but that's with raised insoles and cuban heels. I'm 5ft 7 and he's no taller than me. He would have been terrified of you, he can't handle confrontation unless he's got one of his giant bodyguards to hide behind.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get it on Amazon for a penny Sloopy, it's been out for a few years now and it's utter tripe.

You have to pay the postage though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    You have to pay the postage though!!
    That's true and it's not worth buying - I got my copy in the charity shop for 50p.
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who liked it? I thought it was nice, proof that he is humble. He's not disillusioned or up his own arse (anymore), he's accosting his younger self for being that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Am I the only person who liked it? I thought it was nice, proof that he is humble. He's not disillusioned or up his own arse (anymore), he's accosting his younger self for being that way.

No your not the only person, I liked it too :) I've read his book aswell though and liked that so maybe we're just the odd ones out lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Simon, I think he's great. But his autobiography is a bit dull.
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My word that was heavy going wasnt it?? I think Simon needs a ghost writer with a bit of a sense of humour.....I vote ME :D .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    My word that was heavy going wasnt it?? I think Simon needs a ghost writer with a bit of a sense of humour.....I vote ME :D .
    I agree Allie, with you wielding the pen, Simon's next instalment would be pure joy to read - get on to Syco and get yourself a deal!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    It was written by Simon's brother.

No wonder it's dripping with sycophantic drivel then. :p