The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 22)

BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
gelbma0991 wrote: »
*adds to the list* :D

Haha, I bet it's secretly Nicola :p Or maybe even Leona herself :eek: (I joke haha)

Closer than you might think.;)

Comments

• Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Closer than you might think.;)

It's someone who knows Alex's stuff as well judging by their posts, so that's more likely to be someone from the label I'd suggest.
  • megataffmegataff Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondered when we'd all be 'moved on'......

Hello LLAT part 22..... ;)
    fodg09 wrote:
    'Evening Herald' review of last nights show is a bit of a hatchet job, clearly the guy went in with a negative opinion of Leona. I suspect he would have written the same review had he not even gone to the concert.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/g...s-2237625.html

Anyway it is not exactly a prestigious 'newspaper' and does not sell a huge amount.

Just been reading that review....WORRA TOOL! :mad:

I think the 'reviewer' should alter his name ever-so-slightly, and substitute the SS in his surname with NK...... and then it would be juuuust about right......!! :D
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the long,rambling post but here goes. Mad guess but I think what we might (but probably won't!) see in terms of releases this year is the DVD and maybe a live album as some posters have suggested. They could tie this in to Echo promo, perhaps releasing OMH . The Echo + live album could be sold along with the DVD but also separately. In terms of the live album I would have it as a sort of 'best of' from Spirit and Echo and perhaps some unreleased tracks performed with an orchestra.

I guess in terms of the gap between releases in the U.S, they could release 2 singles to radio prior to an album release based around The X Factor U.S.

Perhaps one in the Spring and one in the Autumn. If they send to the radio in the Spring then Leona will have lots of time to do extensive U.S promo. I wouldn't object to them abandoning the UK in the Spring (especially if they are going to be doing UK promo this Winter) for a bit in order to get her U.S career back on track.

And if all goes according to plan they could do a few US/UK tour dates featuring some tracks from album 3 leading up to Christmas next year.

Anyway sorry about that, thinking aloud!
  • NewDayNewDay Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo, Part 22.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what Leona sings here in You Don't Care?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi3cEzJnmWI#t=0m29s

"I never wanted to burn out - "

All the lyrics online say "Outrageous". Just wondering if it really is, just seems a bit odd.
  • RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it's "I never wanted to burn our bridges"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewDay wrote: »
    Ooo, Part 22.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what Leona sings here in You Don't Care?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi3cEzJnmWI#t=0m29s

"I never wanted to burn out - "

All the lyrics online say "Outrageous". Just wondering if it really is, just seems a bit odd.
    Ravane wrote: »
    Think it's "I never wanted to burn our bridges"

Yeah it's "never wanted to burn our bridges" :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been wondering for months now. Its always been bugging me when I've listened to it. The online lyrics threw me off track even more. :D
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Yeah it's "never wanted to burn our bridges" :)

I thought it was "burn our breeches".

Always wondered why someone would want to set fire to their trousers. :D
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was "burn our breeches".

Always wondered why someone would want to set fire to their trousers. :D

haha! Can you imagine! It would be quite funny :p
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megataff wrote: »
    Wondered when we'd all be 'moved on'......

Hello LLAT part 22..... ;)

Just been reading that review....WORRA TOOL! :mad:

I think the 'reviewer' should alter his name ever-so-slightly, and substitute the SS in his surname with NK...... and then it would be juuuust about right......!! :D

thought wasser rhymed quite well with tosser actually :D oops :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the biggest appreciaton thread on X Factor now! You'd never think that it was still only 10 pages or something after she'd won X Factor. :p
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    I think this is the biggest appreciaton thread on X Factor now! You'd never think that it was still only 10 pages or something after she'd won X Factor. :p

To the end of Part 21 there had been 115,534 posts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ spiidey... Just so you know. When I go to Cardiff with Cassie I'm getting all the juicy goss on you. ;):p:D
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh yay Part 22.

If anyone wants it I have a spare ticket for the last concert in Cardiff:

Block 1, Row MM, Seat 18. Selling for face value, £35.

Please contact me if anyone's interested, I really need to get it sold.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitshellin wrote: »
    @ spiidey... Just so you know. When I go to Cardiff with Cassie I'm getting all the juicy goss on you. ;):p:D

Were only going for one night. Would needs days to give you all the goss :eek::D
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, Larry Jackson flew to London after the Dublin gig and tweeted:
    I love London! Meetings all day followed by a memorable Kings of Leon show at Hyde Park, which was packed with 70,000 people. Insane!
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Leona makes her crew happy with VIP Lillie's party

X FACTOR star Leona Lewis treated her entourage to a night to remember this week when she splashed the cash on a VIP party at Lillie's Bordello.

The Diary can reveal how the generous singer -- who does not drink herself -- picked up the tab for a group of up to 20 backing singers, dancers and security guards when they dropped into the Grafton Street venue to let their hair down.

Leona (25) and her posse arrived at the exclusive venue shortly after her sellout gig at the O2 on Tuesday night and told fellow revellers how she was keen to wrap up the Irish leg of her tour on a high.

The Bleeding Love singer was accompanied by a tight security presence throughout the night, having employed additional bodyguards to keep her safe following a terrifying incident in London last year, which saw her punched in the head during a book signing.

"Leona came in just before midnight with her gang," said a club source. "She was in great form and was out on the dance floor with her dancers.

"She did have quite a few security guards around her at all times but she wasn't at all diva like. They were there until the early hours."

Meanwhile, Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash also checked out the hospitality at the VIP club on Monday night, having jetted in to town for a sellout gig at Vicar Street on Tuesday night.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/leona-makes-her-crew-happy-with-vip-lillies-party-2241822.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol at "her posse" and "her gang".
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if Leona is doing any of the UK summer shows or concerts? I'm suspecting she's probably going to take a couple of months off after her tour finishes (well deserved as well) but it would be nice to see her on TV showing what a great stage performer she's become now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hi guys! I’ve got a spare ticket for Block 3 row E (5 rows from the front + near the end of the isle nearest the catwalk!) if anyone is interested. Face value for the ticket - would love to go with another big fan! PM me if your interested Thanks x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo, part 22! Love it :D

Aaw, it seems like she gets on really well with her tour crew. Nice to see :)
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry is heading back to NYC from London today,
    Goodbye London! I leave you enlightened, and victorious. Need sleep now.

http://twitter.com/thelarryjackson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    --ADAM-- wrote: »
    Hi guys! I’ve got a spare ticket for Block 3 row E (5 rows from the front + near the end of the isle nearest the catwalk!) if anyone is interested. Face value for the ticket - would love to go with another big fan! PM me if your interested Thanks x

Forgot to say the tickets are for Cardiff on the 6th July - the last date of the tour :) Hope someone can make it as they are great tickets. :)
This discussion has been closed.