Options

TAR 18 Episode 10 Discussion

Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, after a couple of slightly disappointing episodes for me, this one hit all the right spots!:)

I really loved the detour options.....not only were both quite challenging, but provided good humour too...my goodness imagine getting rescued by Zev and Justin and Gary and Mallery.....legs ripped right off you!:D

And i thought the chocolate gnome making task was kind of fun. See this is still product placement but unlike the stuff with snapple it didn't feel so shoe horned in because it was a good task regardless.

I felt so sorry for Vyxsin this week.....i mean Kent was just obnoxious to her, and then the trotters reminded me why i disliked them so much before, what a pair of nasty bully boys! Seriously! :mad:

The editing wasn't so great around the "incident" I presume they my have been deliberately ambiguous with it, but it really didn't look like Vyxsin took his mould to me.Very disappointed with Jen and Kisha for egging them on too. But yeah, I will be sure not to get suckered in by the trotters nice guy act again, they are just unpleasant individuals!

Much as i disliked Kent this week it did make me laugh when he was making faces behind the trotters backs (very childish though!:D), but what i really couldn't stand was how at the end he stood there blaming Vyxsin for the clue misread repeating "at least i always stay positive" over and over. I mean seriously wtf???? At least the cowboys can say they went out with class last week, cause this was pathetic!

Zev and Justin were lucky bunnies this week. Mind you it's the kind of thing that makes me think they might win, having had a massive stroke of luck like that!.

Comments

• Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, the roadblock seemed to take time, but it was nice. Though I was surprised the gnome worked in most, the coating looked very fine... :o

I suppose the difference with this weeks product placement is that Travelocity have been sponsoring TAR for years so it feels right. I mean I remember a few seasons ago they had a gnome with something on the bottom and the team who picked it won something. :D

Kynt was annoying again. Very ironic "it's going to be a sprint to the pit stop..." while we sit in a taxi... "your so negative" ... While i shout at you and blame you"

Trotters not a fan, well of Big Easy? The one not doing the roadblock. It was left ambiguous but I don't think Vyxsin took it. Unless it was a large time gap between the incident and her putting it in the 'oven' :D I mean I thought she worked on both then decided to put one in the freezer while continued working on the other, making her not needing to take out anything from the freezing at all, thus not taking his. Plus surely they'd be one extra anyways, so couldnt he have just made everyone take there's then take the left over one?

Trotters out next week then I'll be happy with the final 3 :) Jen and Kisha to win though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trotters not a fan, well of Big Easy? The one not doing the roadblock. It was left ambiguous but I don't think Vyxsin took it. Unless it was a large time gap between the incident and her putting it in the 'oven' :D I mean I thought she worked on both then decided to put one in the freezer while continued working on the other, making her not needing to take out anything from the freezing at all, thus not taking his. Plus surely they'd be one extra anyways, so couldnt he have just made everyone take there's then take the left over one?

I feel the production team are trying to "protect" whomever took it, so perhaps it's a member of the winning team? I can't think why else they wouldn't show us who actually took it. They film everything all the teams do, so there had to be actual footage of it? :confused:
  • Options
    telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved this episode, best detour for ages Garry and Mallory were so funny, Zev and Justin looked like they'd climbed Everest so funny though . Very glad Klynt is gone and the way it happened too he was really getting annoying .
    Don't mind who wins but as said by others above would like to know what actually happened re chocolate gnome as the globetrotters are very quick to point the finger when they are the ones who moved the bumbag of Ron and Christina and were they not penalised for that ?
    Loved the episode and kind of sad it finishes next week :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this episode. Detour choices were brilliant and thought it was good balance with the road block. Zev and Justin just seemed to have a bad leg, but happy they are still in it. Unfortunate for kent and vyxsin but they were one of my least favourite remaining teams which is surprising because i loved them in their season. I was pretty surprised they got a penalty, i expected phil to tell them to go back to the site of the road block and make their way back to the pitstop before they are able to be checked in. thought that was normally the procedure. (i seem to remember a pit stop on a hill a few series ago and someone got a taxi and got told they had to make their way back up on foot before they were allowed to check in). This wouldn't have made any difference to line up as they still had 20 mins on penalty when zev and justin came.

I really hope it's gary and mallory, kisha and jen and zev and justin in final. I don't want globetrotters in final becuase theyve relied too heavily on alliances. They would have probably been in same position as jet and cord on roadblock in lichtenstein (sorry about spelling) if they hasn't got given the answer. Gary and mallory or kish and jen to win though. my faves from the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    telly fan wrote: »
    Loved the episode and kind of sad it finishes next week :(

I know, how did this series pass by soooo fast...:(

At least we know we have more to come though, so that good...:)
    mdtm wrote: »
    I really hope it's gary and mallory, kisha and jen and zev and justin in final.

me too!:)
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I feel the production team are trying to "protect" whomever took it, so perhaps it's a member of the winning team? I can't think why else they wouldn't show us who actually took it. They film everything all the teams do, so there had to be actual footage of it? :confused:

There's always the possibility that nobody took it, and Flight Time was the one not keeping track of whose mould was whose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    There's always the possibility that nobody took it, and Flight Time was the one not keeping track of whose mould was whose.

In which case I would say they are protecting the globetrotters. There is no way that they couldn't have shown exactly what happened there, as they film everything. For whatever reason, they have chosen to leave it ambiguous!
  • Options
    JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    As far as Vyxen was, as far as I remember she never actually took a mould out before that whole incident happened and instead, she had both moulds in front of her, hence why she was further ahead on one mould despite just putting one in to cool.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think we can all agree that whoever it was, it wasn't Vyxsin - and the producers took pains to show that to be honest.

Vyxsin came across much better than Kent on realising their mistake at the pitstop. 'How did WE miss that?' she asked, instantly sharing blame (quite rightly) only for Kent to start whining about how positive he always is and then laying blame on her. Bad Kent.

I understand people wanting them to go at this stage, but I have to say they were my most entertaining team for a 2nd series. The episode with them getting lost and ending up getting to the airport about 6 hours after everyone else was hilarious; Vyxsin's jump into the River Ganges and then the whole thing this episode too.

I'd be happy with a Jen and Kisha or Gary and Mallory win. In fact I like all 4 remaining teams, but those are the 2 I'd like to see win the most.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think they might twist it up and we'll get a final non-elimination leg, so all 4 teams make the final mat? I just have a feeling they might do that - it also means there's more chance of their being order shake-ups at the end, so I'm surprised they've never done that before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cwej wrote: »
    Does anyone think they might twist it up and we'll get a final non-elimination leg, so all 4 teams make the final mat? I just have a feeling they might do that - it also means there's more chance of their being order shake-ups at the end, so I'm surprised they've never done that before.

well i was wondering about that too, actually, as we have seen a number of "to be continued" legs this series. :)

I'll be happy with any team winning bar the trotters. I have a feeling it'll be Gary and Mallory or Zev and Justin though.