Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would appreciate it if she retired so we wouldn't have to see her increasingly cringey and bizarre appearance any more.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    I would appreciate it if she retired so we wouldn't have to see her increasingly cringey and bizarre appearance any more.

Presumably this poster is one of those psycho Kylie fan multiple account abuser?
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the mods are banning the Kylie fan with loads of accounts. Thank goodness! the disruption to all those Madonna threads was becoming too much. I think its turned a lot of people away from the forum. Hopefully they will return to posting now.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's filming the BIM video this week.

Here's her new look for the video. She has pink tipped hair!

https://instagram.com/p/2sxynMmEVO/?taken-by=madonna

And here's another scene in a club. This is going to be fun!

https://instagram.com/p/2sygEAGEWF/?taken-by=madonna
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg she looks so good! I love the hair :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys best not to rise to any of the Madonna baiting in the forum. It seems to be getting worse. I know most of you have stopped posting here because of it anyway :( A Kylie fan (and I say that loosely as we know its the same person over and over) called Marge Simpson sent me a PM yesterday calling me a **** and hoping I would be blown up. Thankfully DS have banned them after I reported it but that's the sort of abuse we are now having to put up with just for supporting Madonna!

They are trying to provoke us into arguing about Madonna in an attempt to get us all banned. Don't fall for it.
  • Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys best not to rise to any of the Madonna baiting in the forum. It seems to be getting worse. I know most of you have stopped posting here because of it anyway :(A Kylie fan (and I say that loosely as we know its the same person over and over) called Marge Simpson sent me a PM yesterday calling me a **** and hoping I would be blown up. Thankfully DS have banned them after I reported it but that's the sort of abuse we are now having to put up with just for supporting Madonna!

I've been ignoring them on purpose to much amusement. Its clear they desperately want me to rise to the bait and reply.

BIB That's disgusting. Do DS not have a policy where hate speech is alerted to the police?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been ignoring them on purpose to much amusement. Its clear they desperately want me to rise to the bait and reply.

BIB That's disgusting. Do DS not have a policy where hate speech is alerted to the police?

I wasn't sure. If it had been posted on Twitter they would have been in deep trouble but I don't know if the online law expands to forums. Either way DS have delt with it. They can read all PMs.
  • Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't sure. If it had been posted on Twitter they would have been in deep trouble but I don't know if the online law expands to forums. Either way DS have delt with it. They can read all PMs.

Well harassment like that is against the law.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna's stylist posted this picture on instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/2wxr5WGlEo/?&_suid=143189520160505515964664518833

One of the costumes on the tour will be inspired by the Tank Girl cartoon. So cool!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Madonna's stylist posted this picture on instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/2wxr5WGlEo/?&_suid=143189520160505515964664518833

One of the costumes on the tour will be inspired by the Tank Girl cartoon. So cool!

I'm so excited. No one on a show better than Madonna!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna's causing trouble, and debate again :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think will be the Tour set list? with 19 tracks on RH and a mash up of the usual classics I wonder how it will work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think will be the Tour set list? with 19 tracks on RH and a mash up of the usual classics I wonder how it will work.

It's hard to say since the setlist is based around the themes she's using and the story she wants to tell. I love RH, but it does have a lot of slower songs which I don't know if so many would work with the type of shows she does.

From RH, I'm thinking she will do Living for Love, Ghosttown, BIM, Devil Pray, Holy Water, Veni Vedi Vici, Sex, Hold Tight, Iconic and Rebel Heart.

With the Tank Girl imagery, I would love to see her do a remixed maybe rock version of American Life.
    As far as classics, I'm thinking Vogue, Holiday, Like A Prayer, Into the Groove and Music and maybe Ray of Light. Beautiful Stranger would also be nice since she hasn't done that too often.
    Since she is using the Spanish bullfighter theme, she may also do You'll See, Take A Bow or La Isla Bonita.
    We also know there's a pole dancing section so that will include Holy Water probably mashed up with Vogue, Sex and maybe Open Your Heart.
    She has so many hits it's hard to pick a setlist! And me as a hard core fan, I always want to hear some older less performed songs. My dream setlist would include Hollywood and Bad Girl, but I doubt we will get those.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    I think Guy got the magnificent country house ...Ashcombe ... as part of the divorce settlement

Once owned by Cecil Beaton way back... who had his close friend .... Greta Garbo.... to stay .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    I think Guy got the magnificent country house ...Ashcombe ... as part of the divorce settlement

Once owned by Cecil Beaton way back... who had his close friend .... Greta Garbo.... to stay .

Madonna never cared for the countryside too much. so I don't think she's too bothered that he got it.
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna never cared for the countryside too much. so I don't think she's too bothered that he got it.

I don't know, she seemed quite into her country pursuits for a while, talking about fly fishing and taking up horse riding. She also said in her Harper's Bazaar essay that there's nowhere more beautiful than the English countryside.

I quite like the idea of her as a lover of the English countryside, it is spectacular after all :)
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member

Did nt she fall off her horse one time ..... ?
    must have been very traumatic for the babe .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Madonna once said the most beautiful place on earth to her was the English countryside. I think however she fell out of love with England after her divorce from Guy. Seems like there are too many bad memories here for her now.

Its a shame when you think about it. She was basically a full time Brit from 1998 to 2008. Now we never see her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Did nt she fall off her horse one time ..... ?
    must have been very traumatic for the babe .

Yes, but she doesn't let that stop her. She still rides horses on Long Island in NY.

I don't think it's so much that she hated the UK per se, it's more that she has more friends in NY. She didn't know that many people here except for Guy so she was lonely.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I am surprised to see that the digital sales of Living for love and Ghost town are both 400k+ ww
    And both songs were top 3 based on sales charts in the US!

Rihanna's hit song this year has undoubtedly been BBHMM ...and that too has sold 400k+ ww. But the stream play for Madonna is much lower in comparison.

This really is a different era of music - based on radio play - charts - streaming.

But Madonna is still selling relatively. Her album is hitting the 1m for sales. Which is low. But i am not surprised considering the leaked album at a point of hype and anticipation for the album.

Hopefully the album strategy is to continue to release promo/buzz singles with videos and showcases to raise awareness of the album over a year a half. That would be the best strategic move. Include special versions - guest vocalists and special remixes. Era done. 1.5m ww sales for the album hopefully achieved and a successful tour.

unapologetic bitch - Rihanna and Madonna - just has to happen it is perfect!
    hold tight - the most commercial song on the the album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold Tight went straight to the top of UK ITunes when it was released. I think if they are going to continue with buzz singles then its worthy of a release.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    'Bitch Im Madonna' remixes begin to surface ....

so far I love
    'BIM (Sander Kleinberg Club Mix)
    'BIM (Bit 8 Version)
  • PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love rebel heart apart from B.I.M. Which in my opinion is the worst Madonna song ever.