Options

Movies that should be remade.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    :D 'The Invasion', . Nicole Kidman are you sure we are not getting mixed up with 'The Stepford Wives' here:D I mean were they not out of this world and taking over?

The Invasion - I've seen the trailer.

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15PvvAt4lo
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    Thin Boy wrote: »
    The Invasion - I've seen the trailer.

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15PvvAt4lo

I was only joking. I never knew anything about IBS being remade. Not sure I'm interested neither:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only joking. I never knew anything about IBS being remade. Not sure I'm interested neither:D

But it was you who suggested it...:rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers'. I think that they could do that film quite well now, make t really scary.

It's been remade THREE times now, no need for another :p the first two are classics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been remade THREE times now, no need for another :p the first two are classics.

Three times? I only know 2 remakes - the Donald Sutherland one in 1978 and the new Nicole Kidman one.

The original was inspired by McCarthyism and the communist scare. The 1978 Donald Sutherland one was inspired by big business takeovers. One of the icons in the film was the Transamerica building - Transamerica had taken over United Artists who made the film.
  • Options
    Jamie181Jamie181 Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    ThinBoy wrote: »
    Three times? I only know 2 remakes - the Donald Sutherland one in 1978 and the new Nicole Kidman one.

The original was inspired by McCarthyism and the communist scare. The 1978 Donald Sutherland one was inspired by big business takeovers. One of the icons in the film was the Transamerica building - Transamerica had taken over United Artists who made the film.

There was another one done in the 90's.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But it was you who suggested it...:rolleyes: :D

Yes but not as a film I personally would watch, 'IOBS' is quite a classic film, that I thought others might enjoy now.
    Obviously there are some films that could be remade and those that should not eg. The Thing, and yes Ive heard rumours of that somewhere also.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes I was aware of the other 2 versions:) I like the dog with the human head in the second one. It's about the only part I can remember watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member

AH Thinboy:D Well theres something you didn't know:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie181 wrote: »
    There was another one done in the 90's.:)

Yep. Body Snatchers with Gabrielle Anwar, Meg Tilley and Forest Whittaker. This was my favourite.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Still a bit closer to the book this time. The Ents should be wise not hasty and Faramir should be a good guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a remake of The Silent Partner (1978).

Great plot. I doubt they'd find a bad guy as good as Christopher Plummer was in that version though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Still a bit closer to the book this time. The Ents should be wise not hasty and Faramir should be a good guy.

Remake an amazing film just because of a few minor issues? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but not as a film I personally would watch, 'IOBS' is quite a classic film, that I thought others might enjoy now.
    Obviously there are some films that could be remade and those that should not eg. The Thing, and yes Ive heard rumours of that somewhere also.

It's already been remade. The John Carpenter one was a remake!
    AH Thinboy:D Well theres something you didn't know:p:D

I don't know anything really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Die Hard 4.0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's already been remade. The John Carpenter one was a remake!

I don't know anything really.

Well I guess we are going back to the three's again!:rolleyes: I am well aware that 'Carpenters' remake of 'The Thing' was a remake of the old black and white. Does a remake not count now if it has been done more than once?
    You should'nt get so touchy. Accept when YOU also get it wrong at times. I don't know what has happened to the remake (AGAIN) of 'The Thing' but it was rumoured at the same time as 'Halloween' and 'Jaws'.
    Put it this way, I'm willing to put money on it being remade!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess we are going back to the three's again!:rolleyes: I am well aware that 'Carpenters' remake of 'The Thing' was a remake of the old black and white. Does a remake not count now if it has been done more than once?
    You should'nt get so touchy. Accept when YOU also get it wrong at times. I don't know what has happened to the remake (AGAIN) of 'The Thing' but it was rumoured at the same time as 'Halloween' and 'Jaws'.
    Put it this way, I'm willing to put money on it being remade!:p

The point is that remakes are not necessarily a bad thing - e.g. The Thing, The Fly.
    There's a thread on the Thing remake somewhere around here... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=606110&highlight=carpenter
    ME? TOUCHY??? :D:D:D:p
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a couple of remakes I'm looking forward to, The Dam Busters and Deathrace 2000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The point is that remakes are not necessarily a bad thing - e.g. The Thing, The Fly.
    There's a thread on the Thing remake somewhere around here... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=606110&highlight=carpenter
    ME? TOUCHY??? :D:D:D:p

No hard feelings then I take it:D
    I was under the impression though that 'The Thing' was going to be done like a TV series, like the 'The Shining'.? It was some time back since I heard this though. I hope they never remake it as a movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hard feelings then I take it:D
    I was under the impression though that 'The Thing' was going to be done like a TV series, like the 'The Shining'.? It was some time back since I heard this though. I hope they never remake it as a movie.

That sounds like quite a good idea.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electrix wrote: »
    Remake an amazing film just because of a few minor issues? :confused:
    Hardly minor. There are good things in the second film, but there's also so much wrong as to spoil it for me.

I suspect it really needs the second and third films to be combined - it was originally planned to be two films, not three. If you cut out all the bits which Jackson made up, and also reduced the Helms Deep sequence (because you already have the Pelennor Fields), the second film would only take an hour, and the third film could also lose some weight (eg the endless endings).

Generally these films work best when they are closest to the book. It took them a while to realise that, and it's a lesson that could be carried forward to a remake.
  • Options
    gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if the day of the triffids was ever a film remember the series,but would love too see it made now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagde wrote: »
    Dont know if the day of the triffids was ever a film remember the series,but would love too see it made now.

It was a film, and it would be great to see a remake that sticks more closely to the book!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm im probably alone in thinking this but id like to see a different take on the harry potter films, with different actors and other crew etc.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only films that should be remade are mediocre or poor films that were promising but failed to deliver. The biggest one that comes to mind is Cape Fear.

Remaking classics is just plain wrong in my opinion and history shows they very rarely work.