Options

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zombies DLC actually made me go out and buy the game again :p

Seriously been looking forward to it for weeks now, the atmosphere looks amazing from the trailers. Can't wait :)
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Dragonic wrote: »
    The Zombies DLC actually made me go out and buy the game again :p

Seriously been looking forward to it for weeks now, the atmosphere looks amazing from the trailers. Can't wait :)

If all you want is the DLC, DON'T buy the game again, they're releasing an "RDR: Undead Nightmare" disc which includes all of this Single Player DLC on it's own along with all the Multiplayer DLC from RDR.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More info on "Undead Nightmare":

New DLC, "Undead Nightmare" due for release on the 26th of October :D

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/dlc/undead
    On October 26th, the Undead Nightmare will be unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, with an entirely new single-player storyline, as well as brand new multiplayer content.

Seemingly overnight, a zombie plague ravages the once bountiful frontier, decimating the landscape and reawakening the dead. In towns, settlements, and outposts throughout the world, the uninfected citizens are left to fight for survival against waves of the undead. John Marston must ride out into the vast and terrifying world and survive long enough to find a cure.

With four unique zombie classes - each with their own characteristics, plus new infected predatory animals roaming the countryside, and non-traditional weaponry like the Blunderbuss - which can be loaded with looted remains of fallen zombies, the Undead Nightmare Pack offers an entirely original gameplay experience for fans of Red Dead Redemption.

The all new single-player narrative features new challenges, quests, and ambient events, including Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead. This new release also brings new content to Multiplayer, with Undead Overrun, a brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected enemies attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available for download from Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network ($9.99) and requires a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play. Also coming soon, Undead Nightmare, a single, stand-alone disc that bundles together for the first time ever, the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date.

Some videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-official-red-dead/706004

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/graveyards-trailer-red-dead/706366

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-holy-red-dead/706326

Awesome :D
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Cant wait for the bundled disc. I wonder when that is due for release.
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

Hmm I am not to sure on this. Seems Resident evil to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think more Left 4 Dead done with Rockstar's style and humour.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got this game for my birthday the other day. It's good, but haven't seen anything yet to justify the very high review scores - average graphics, dodgy cover-based shooting mechanic, long loading times, side quests frustrating. Better than GTA IV, and I am only a little way through it so hoping it improves, but so far, so another-overrated-Rockstar-game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I got this game for my birthday the other day. It's good, but haven't seen anything yet to justify the very high review scores - average graphics, dodgy cover-based shooting mechanic, long loading times, side quests frustrating. Better than GTA IV, and I am only a little way through it so hoping it improves, but so far, so another-overrated-Rockstar-game.

*looks at services* Ahh PS3, though so, ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm aware of the differences between the versions, but that really only affects the graphical point (and possibly loading times?). Even the 360 level of graphics is pretty average tbh, given that the animation (facial in particular) is wooden and jerky.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rockstar games in this style (3rd person game with side missions and stuff) are always overrated. You just have to accept that nowadays. Rent their games before you buy them in future as they're guaranteed at 9 or 10 in the mainstream media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Rockstar games in this style (3rd person game with side missions and stuff) are always overrated. You just have to accept that nowadays. Rent their games before you buy them in future as they're guaranteed at 9 or 10 in the mainstream media.

It was a present, I would have rented otherwise lol :p
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought this, what can I expect?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average graphics? WTF are you playing it on an SDTV? It looks stunning on my HDTV.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I completely agree, one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played. some of the views you get when standing on cliff edges are stunning.

I'm looking forward to downloading the zombie pack when I get home tonight. Can't decide which of the War, Famine, Pestilence or Death horses I want to ride most :D
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are getting confused over what's possible in an open world like RDR, as opposed to a more closed, linear space such as Uncharted.

For a game of it's size and scale RDR looks fantastic, plus it's fun to play and has a fantastic story, hence the high review scores.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what time the undead pack will be available to download today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's released to Europe on Wendesday isn't it? I guess it will pop up on the store at midnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    release date is 26/10/10 which is today
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Already got rid of my copy of RDR. Was initially wowed with the graphics but very soon got bored with the clunky feel of the character movement/controls and I didn't enjoy the side quests at all. You'd think by now that Rockstar would have seriously improved their controls, but no. I think the game was overrated in the same way tha GTA:IV was.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Link to queue Undead Nightmare Pack to your console.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im on ps3 so cant use link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im on ps3 so cant use link

I was clearly completely wrong saying it was Wednesday, Rockstar tweeted about 2-3 hours ago saying it's now available on Live via the in-game store worldwide and on PSN in Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average graphics? WTF are you playing it on an SDTV? It looks stunning on my HDTV.

Nope, have played it on both the 22 HDTV in my bedroom and 37 in living room. The lighting effects are stunning, but there is relatively low detail (although I suppose it is an open-world game, so this can be forgiven to a certain extent), the animation is very clunky, particularly facial movements.

Played it online last night for the first time as well. Seemed a bit all over the place and pointless? Tried a cooperative map taking out the Mexican Army as well and the load times were brutal.

Still struggling to get into this, I really am. Also, is it even possible to end a game of blackjack? I kept betting 25 (which was the table max) each time for like half an hour, and all three of us were still in the game! Texas Hold 'Em at the ranch amused me, because one of the guys will call any raise as long as he has a hand, no matter how pathetic that hand is. I raised him 240 chips when I had a flush, and he called it with a pair of fives!:D
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done a couple of Undead Nightmare missions, bit of advice: if you're not good at headshots, get good, otherwise you're going to be doing a lot of running!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its discounted for playstaion plus users as well, just over 6 quid