The One Ronnie - Christmas Day - 17:10 - BBC1

Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
Forum Member
I'm really looking forward to this! From the clips I've seen it looks pretty good! :)

Comments

• Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    The one clips about the blackberry is hilarious. I urge people to have a look at it.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/the_one_ronnie/videos/2097/blackberry_sketch/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be interesting, will watch it most likely.

as a stand up comic who's going to be giging like crazy in 2011 and does prop & puns. I'm now kicking myself over the eggbox 360 gag. Damn! wish I thought of that.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    The one clips about the blackberry is hilarious. I urge people to have a look at it.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/the_one_ronnie/videos/2097/blackberry_sketch/

Lol, as good as the Four Candles sketch.:D

There's a special Two Ronnies night on BBC2 from 8pm tonight with a couple of Documentaries.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, but no where near as good as the 4 candles sketch. that was a classic, this will be forgotten in a few months. Too many "topical" product and company names.

In 10 years, no one will remember what a Blackberry or a dongle are!
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show looked dreary to me in the TV guide but that was a nice sketch so maybe worth a look on xmas day.

One thing about Ronnie Corbett he is a still great feed man, setting up the lines for the funny guys like Enfield to parlay into laughs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Let's hope that the rest of the show approaches that quality, & it's not the only sketch worth the air-time; keeping my fingers crossed the rest will be at least approach that,

Eggs box 360. Snork!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The One Ronnie - Sounds depressing and sad. Why not just have the classic repeats rather than tread on the memory of RB :(
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The One Ronnie - Sounds depressing and sad. Why not just have the classic repeats rather than tread on the memory of RB :(

This show is marking Ronnie's 80th birthday earlier this month.
    Forum Member
    It's my birthday and i'll ruin the memory of The Two Ronnies if I want to!!!!
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is a genius TV prog for Christmas Day.

With knighthoods handed out here there and everywhere, Ronnie sould soon be Sir Ronnie. If only.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems strange these days to see Harry Enfield in a funny sketch. :)
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome our surprise musical guest. . . . Miss Barbara Dickson'' :D
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    ''Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome our surprise musical guest. . . . Miss Barbara Dickson'' :D

and we haven't seen enough of Babs on TV. Great actress and singer from Sotland
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sketch is brilliant.

I originally thought it would be quite upsetting seeing "The One Ronnie", but I'm looking forward to it now.

Barker was a legend and he will never be forgotten, but it is nice to see some new stuff from Corbett, even though he's 80.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    This show looked dreary to me in the TV guide but that was a nice sketch so maybe worth a look on xmas day.

One thing about Ronnie Corbett he is a still great feed man, setting up the lines for the funny guys like Enfield to parlay into laughs.

i doubt Harry Enfield will be getting tribute shows in his honour in 40 years time.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Hmm, of course the title is sad in the sense that it marks the fact Ronnie B is no longer here to take part and share in their great tradition of festive sketch shows.

But good for Ronnie C - still going strong at 80.

I'm not a great fan of the modern crop of 'comedians' though - Catherine Tate, Walliams and Lucas, et al.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    A sketch from the show was put up on YouTube and has nearly 2 million hits!
    Forum Member
    Four candles - fork handles = comedy gold :D
    Xbox 360 - Eggbox 360 = :confused:

About as good as Enfield can manage these days.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks interesting, gonna give it a watch now. I didn't realise RC was 80 now!
  • AfterTodayAfterToday Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this
    Forum Member
    This is absolutely dire!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that he keeps looking off screen at an autocue for his lines
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry to say that the programme is utter dross and it's so sad. The Two Ronnies were genius, the One Ronnie is lost without Barker. Absolutely dreadful and totally unfunny, I'm sooo disappointed. :(
    Forum Member
    The canned laughter just makes it worse.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Some of it is good - I liked the optician/restaurant sketch :D