The DS Eurovision Rehersal Discussiuon Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was any other year, I'd be excited about their prospects. But in a year where SVT and EBU can basically choose who gets the prime spot, I think they'd be breaking some hushed promises if they didn't give Denmark their best chance.

I think they'll be tempted to favour Georgia over Azerbaijan however.

Song written by G:son, with Bjorkman's boyfriend doing backing vocals? You bet they'll be favouring Georgia.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    We could still get all the favourites but one drawn in the first half. I wonder if SVT would dump the lucky favourite in 14th to make for entertaining results?

To continue the Romanian lucky charm, do you mean? :D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To continue the Romanian lucky charm, do you mean? :D

That too :D
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Song written by G:son, with Bjorkman's boyfriend doing backing vocals? You bet they'll be favouring Georgia.

Good point...

...oh my God I'm going to win £260. :p
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Last year was horrendous...there are 15 songs that I'd consider better than my 5th best from last year...:)

I completely disagree, last year was my favourite contest ever. My top 15 were easily songs I'd repeat over and over.. this year I think I could only say the same for my top 5. (I just realised I said the exact same as you but opposite lol)

I love how music is so subjective. :D
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »

I love how music is so subjective. :D

With you and I always...;)
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point...

I honestly think you are, I feel like it's being set up for a win for Georgia. The other favourites are falling;

Denmark - Still fine, but troubles with vocal and the amount of stuff happening on stage

Ukraine - Do I need to explain?

Norway - Vocals struggling

Netherlands - Too simple and laidback

This is all personal opinion of course,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With you and I always...;)

Haha, I'll never forgot how long it took me to pick my jaw up off the floor when you told me Montenegro 2012 was your favourite of that year. :eek: :rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    Haha, I'll never forgot how long it took me to pick my jaw up off the floor when you told me Montenegro 2012 was your favourite of that year. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Right back at ya with Dima and Anmary (and on and on)..:rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right back at ya with Dima and Anmary...:rolleyes::D

Haha it was such a Beautiful Song *tear*

I've been trying really hard not to watch all rehearsals, but will soon cave in and watch Azerbaijan - I'm interested in what this interesting staging is all about!
    Forum Member
    Haha it was such a Beautiful Song *tear*

I've been trying really hard not to watch all rehearsals, but will soon cave in and watch Azerbaijan - I'm interested in what this interesting staging is all about!

You'll love it...:D
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Good point...

Hoping Georgia or Denmark win, Georgia because I love it or Denmark because it would mean £100. :D

Georgia's definitely the most powerful song this year, so suited to the big stage, never really thought before now it might win but the song itself is good enough imo.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone watching Britain's Got More Talent - did the producers hire the Ukrainian giant for Goliath? :D
  • Andrea_ParmaAndrea_Parma Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Oh God, I've just seen Cezar.....he has a raising dress like Aliona from Moldova!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I must admit that I dislike the song but will be really happy if the dutch went through...:o:D (that and I know how much Globs loves it! ;))

That said it's not a dead cert by any stretch of the imagination for me...their track record and the fact that it's an odd song...:D

It's an excellent song, performed beautifully, and totally deserves to qualify regardless of the who entered it.

I don't get the comparison with Cyprus though? There's really nothing special at all about An Me Thimase, and isn't in the same league as Birds, musically - people seem to be ignoring Birds just because it hasn't been over-produced to death, or isn't a ballad-by-numbers like Cyprus is. If anything, a better comparison would be between Birds and Suus (but without the screaming bits), in terms of the musical complexity and the simple performance, and we all know how well Suus did on the night!
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Because the Dutch song is a million times better than the Cypriot song, probably...!

Nobody will remember the Cypriot song after it's been performed, it's anonymous and insipid, whereas the Dutch song is so beautifully haunting it can't be forgot, or by any right shouldn't be.

I knew there was a reason I liked you ;)
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    It's an excellent song, performed beautifully, and totally deserves to qualify regardless of the who entered it.

I don't get the comparison with Cyprus though? There's really nothing special at all about An Me Thimase, and isn't in the same league as Birds, musically - people seem to be ignoring Birds just because it hasn't been over-produced to death, or isn't a ballad-by-numbers like Cyprus is. If anything, a better comparison would be between Birds and Suus (but without the screaming bits), in terms of the musical complexity and the simple performance, and we all know how well Suus did on the night!

Suus and Birds...pah! :p

The dutch song is a ballad by the pretentious numbers -- I did like it initially but my enthusiasm nose dived very quickly -- it's my biggest faller...:p All style no substance...Suus had both...;)

Cyprus I didn't think much of it until I heard it performed in a NF and fell in love with it -- can't wait to see it performed! :)

I'm unaware of the comparisons unless it's just that they're 2 ballads...I wonder whether there are people who like both songs...:D (as I never liked both at the same time! :D)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://escxtra.com/2013/05/have-a-look-at-this-years-green-room/

The green room looks nice, and they have space for an audience of volunteers and other people who helped make the show possible.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Georgia is my new favourite
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could you have forgotten so soon Ping Pong for Israel in 2000? The boys kiss about 1 minute in...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uNfhj66GOo

Sweden hosting seems to bring out homoerotica; who would have thought? :D

Talking of homoerotic vibes, does anyone get that feeling from the staging of Hold Me? Up to the moment the lady with the long dress walks in it feels as though Farid and box man are flirting with one another...but maybe that's just me. :o I just have a feeling that homophobes across Europe may spontaneously combust having that followed by a lesbian kiss.

Can't wait for it myself. :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Sweden hosting seems to bring out homoerotica; who would have thought? :D

Talking of homoerotic vibes, does anyone get that feeling from the staging of Hold Me? Up to the moment the lady with the long dress walks in it feels as though Farid and box man are flirting with one another...but maybe that's just me. :o I just have a feeling that homophobes across Europe may spontaneously combust having that followed by a lesbian kiss.

Can't wait for it myself. :D

Funnily enough that was the very first thing I thought when I saw Farid's performance! To me bringing in the female dancer seemed like they knew how homoerotic the whole thing looked and they wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnily enough that was the very first thing I thought when I saw Farid's performance! To me bringing in the female dancer seemed like they knew how homoerotic the whole thing looked and they wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings :D

Exactly my thought; the lady dancer appears just to try and make it all a bit more hetero. :D Fortunately/Unfortunately (delete as applicable) the misunderstanding is burned into the mind before Lady In Red appears. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My qualification predictions

Semi Final One: Austria, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belarus, Moldova, Ireland, Cyprus, Serbia

Semi Final Two: Latvia, San Marino, Azerbaijan, Finland, Malta, Iceland, Greece, Norway, Georgia, Switzerland
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    My qualification predictions

Semi Final One: Austria, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belarus, Moldova, Ireland, Cyprus, Serbia

Semi Final Two: Latvia, San Marino, Azerbaijan, Finland, Malta, Iceland, Greece, Norway, Georgia, Switzerland

For me it is

Semi Final One: Austria, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belarus, Moldova, Ireland, Lithuania, Serbia

Semi Final Two: Israel, Romania, Azerbaijan, Finland, Malta, Armenia, Greece, Norway, Georgia, Switzerland
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie today!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭