Options

Classic Eastenders

tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Drama channel have confirmed they will show classic Eastenders from 23rd December at 12pm, I contacted them and they have no details yet what year they will be starting from but the earlier the better I say and if they get good viewing figures they will keep it

Comments

• Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I'm excited!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been a long time since a UKTV channel have done this
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love my days off from work and watching old eastenders. Loved seeing dirty den and Pete Beal
  • Options
    Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!!

That's brilliant news :)
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    What? Wow! Yayy!
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay looking forward to this but can someone push this thread up the week before then as ill forget :D
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news! Thanks for the info!! great!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is brilliant news.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    That's brilliant news, will be watching that, hope it is from 1990 onwards would love to see the early days of the Mitchell brothers as i was only 5 when they joined but probably will be later, still great news though.
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I wonder if that means there dropping the bill or moving it to another time slot :confused:

is it not a reshowing of these

http://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/eastenders-christmas-fall-outs/
    http://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/eastenders-unveiled-wedding-special/
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt that they'll show them from the beginning, classic in their view is when the current teen fans were about 5.

Hope i'm wrong because if they show them from the start, on a HD channel, I'll be able to get awesome new versions of the episodes I already have.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt that they'll show them from the beginning, classic in their view is when the current teen fans were about 5.

Hope i'm wrong because if they show them from the start, on a HD channel, I'll be able to get awesome new versions of the episodes I already have.

The bill and casualty were started from the early 90s i think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1990 would be a terrible place to start, dreadful year, the Mitchells don't come into their own until 1991.

Diane's time on the streets, Mo's dementia and the Nick poison story are highlights, along with the conclusion of the Simon/Ian and Cindy arc, but there are so many boring characters and storylines during this year, not least the Wooden Market Traders, led by the awesome Pete Beale, revolting against closure of the market, the tedious Karims who are ostracised from the rest of the square and live in a soap bubble, their equally boring replacements the Taverniers...just lots of boring scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked if The Bill would be off air for Christmas they said no it might be moved to a new time slot, they didn't have much info
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    I asked if The Bill would be off air for Christmas they said no it might be moved to a new time slot, they didn't have much info

Cheers :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is they said it would be unlikely to air from the beginning as it wound take too long to catch up, what does that matter as long as we get to watch old episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because my friend, they are scared of the past, the past is so so far away from the pwesent, that the poor little chewubs who live and breathe todays shit will be confooozed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer old episodes, it's like with The Bill they miss the first 14 years which is dumb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're preaching to the converted, but at least the past will be safe from the judgement of the moronic masses who think they know better. 1986-1988 (into Feb of 89) is glorious, highly acclaimed television, that is quite frankly, to good for the eyes of todays generation who have grown up in this age of lowered standards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1990 would be a terrible place to start, dreadful year, the Mitchells don't come into their own until 1991.

Diane's time on the streets, Mo's dementia and the Nick poison story are highlights, along with the conclusion of the Simon/Ian and Cindy arc, but there are so many boring characters and storylines during this year, not least the Wooden Market Traders, led by the awesome Pete Beale, revolting against closure of the market, the tedious Karims who are ostracised from the rest of the square and live in a soap bubble, their equally boring replacements the Taverniers...just lots of boring scenes.

Some of it sounds good like the Nick and Dot storyline and the Simon/Ian stuff, would love to see it, although the Pete Beale stuff does sound boring and Peter Dean wasn't the greatest actor to be fair so could be a snooze fest, would still watch it though if it was put on.

There is one episode that i always remember from that period for some reason it might be 1990 or certainly 91 or 92 with Phil and Michelle. Michelle is on the corner of the square waiting for a Taxi to pick her up and Phil drives by and asks if she wants a lift, Michelle says thanks but i'm of to Newcastle(I think as she is looking for an ex Boyfriend) and Phil says that's Ok i'm of up that way (What are the Odds) so he can take her anyway they get to Newcastle and Phil drops her of and goes to do his business and arranges to pick her up later on. Michelle ends up in a Pub and is getting a load of hassle of some men and she looks to be in danger until Phil appears from nowhere and ends up fighting with some bloke over a pool table with a snooker cue. I have never seen that episode since and have often looked for clips on Youtube etc with no success, would love to see that episode again to see if it is how i remember it.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    I wont get my hopes up. They might have just meant showing classic episodes on that day, being so close to Christmas probably Christmas episodes. I remember UKG2 used to do classic Christmas weekends a few years back, even having Adam Woodyatt linking into the episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Some of it sounds good like the Nick and Dot storyline and the Simon/Ian stuff, would love to see it, although the Pete Beale stuff does sound boring and Peter Dean wasn't the greatest actor to be fair so could be a snooze fest, would still watch it though if it was put on.

There is one episode that i always remember from that period for some reason it might be 1990 or certainly 91 or 92 with Phil and Michelle. Michelle is on the corner of the square waiting for a Taxi to pick her up and Phil drives by and asks if she wants a lift, Michelle says thanks but i'm of to Newcastle(I think as she is looking for an ex Boyfriend) and Phil says that's Ok i'm of up that way (What are the Odds) so he can take her anyway they get to Newcastle and Phil drops her of and goes to do his business and arranges to pick her up later on. Michelle ends up in a Pub and is getting a load of hassle of some men and she looks to be in danger until Phil appears from nowhere and ends up fighting with some bloke over a pool table with a snooker cue. I have never seen that episode since and have often looked for clips on Youtube etc with no success, would love to see that episode again to see if it is how i remember it.

That sounds like a 1990 episode where Michelle is trying to locate Mark, I'm pretty certain of that.

I've got it if you need it, but its finding out the transmission date, I think it was in September or October of 1990, after Todd Carty's initial debut in August, and his doing a bunk the following month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That sounds like a 1990 episode where Michelle is trying to locate Mark, I'm pretty certain of that.

I've got it if you need it, but its finding out the transmission date, I think it was in September or October of 1990, after Todd Carty's initial debut in August, and his doing a bunk the following month.

That would be great, would love to see it again. Will have to try and find the transmisson date for it.
  • Options
    itvthebillitvthebill Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Looks like it's the Christmas fall outs documentary they are showing instead seeing as it's listed as being shown on 23rd Dec at 12pm
    http://drama.uktv.co.uk/shows/eastenders-christmas-fall-outs/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will ring them again in a few weeks as I was told episodes