Options

Micro sim from Three... how much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Just wondering as I would quite like one of these phones as a back up, is the price cheaper in store as the price on the site is £120 or something like that
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kierankay wrote: »
    Just wondering as I would quite like one of these phones as a back up, is the price cheaper in store as the price on the site is £120 or something like that

Well in Tesco's the 8GB is £99, but I got it for £89.50 due to staff discount. So it mitigates the unlock and sim fees a bit.
    I did get the last one in my local store though so I assume they don't have a lot of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    Go to a Three shop, they'll cut it to size for free.
    mrdeejay wrote: »
    It is free - try a different Three store.

I needed a nano sim as I was getting new iPhone. Some said £5.11 but that charge is only for lost or stolen sims.

You are doing an "upgrade" with your sim so it's free.

My other half got her "upgrade" sim free too.

It really does depend on who you speak to as Three lack customer service. When you get staff that know they are great.

My son (and his current phone) is in Uni, miles away from where I live, and as I've explained earlier he's a teenager... it would never get done. :)
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    So if you were running a mobile phone network what would you charge?

Well I've never been charged for a Sim by Vodafone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sethpet wrote: »
    Well I've never been charged for a Sim by Vodafone.

Me neither :(, that's why I was so shocked by Three's charges.
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrdeejay wrote: »
    It is free - try a different Three store.

I needed a nano sim as I was getting new iPhone. Some said £5.11 but that charge is only for lost or stolen sims.

You are doing an "upgrade" with your sim so it's free.

^This all the way.

I've needed some replacement micro sims before, and each time it's been a case of either:

1) ringing CS who freely offer to send one out for £0, or

2) going into a Three store and getting one for £0 (or having the existing sim cut down to size, again for £0)

In fact it was CS who, when they said they'd send me one out free of charge, suggested that if I didn't want to wait for the post that I could pop in store and get one for free in there instead.

That being said, the first time I did it customer service did warn me to call ahead as the store might charge, but if they did then if I let CS know I'd get a £5 credit on my account. Probably just as well I did really as one store claimed outright CS were lying and that there was always a charge for replacement sims, while the other store agreed it was free.