Options

Eleven's Last Story - What Antagonist Do You Want?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either The Silence or something new would be my choice, but Daleks at Christmas does have a certain appeal to it.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like the either the Cybermen to be the villain as a 50th tribute to the first regeneration that changed the show forever. Or the Time Lords because they finished Patrick Troughtons era and he was Matt's favourite Doctor
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like the daleks to be scary again & off the doctor,they seem to have lost their edge lately..getting rid of 11 would put them back on the map.

eccelston's dr seemed scared of them where as tennents didn't seem that bothered ny them
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'd say Daleks. I know we have had enough of them lately....but it's going to be THEIR 50th anniversary too this year! :):):
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kandyman!
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I can't seem to edit the poll because I also wanted to add Silence/Madame Kovarian, Weeping Angels and a New Creation as well into the mix.

I'd vote that. :)
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I'd vote that. :)

Which one would you pick?
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm going to guess the Daleks have a role to play in the 50th Anniversary... surely they do! :eek: If they don't then, I'd almost guarantee seeing them at Christmas, as they cannot be withheld from the 50th year of the show. :) I've heard people saying they've had enough of Daleks, but I really don't see how that's an issue any more... there have only been two Dalek-centric episodes in the Moffat-era... two since 2010!

If it were up to me though, I'd keep the Daleks in the anniversary special. I'd also have likely kept the Cybermen out of Series 7 and put them in Matt's final story. Given that isn't an option either, it'd be interesting to see the Silents back again...not the religion, the species. Or perhaps Madame Kovarian...I'm still of the opinion that the show needs more female antagonists...it lacks a recurring one altogether now, and I really thought Kovarian could be set up for that. :)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like something new, no daleks or master.
  • Options
    ShhhSilenceShhhSilence Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    The Silence for me please! :)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor does need to confront The Silence and Madame Kovarian at least once more and I think it should be as the 11th Doctor.

However I'm not sure it would make a good Christmas episode which only leaves the anniversary special which I don't really see them being in.

I don't think it will be the Daleks, the Master or the Weeping Angels though.

So It will either be the Silence or something new and if not the Silence they may well feature in the Series 8 Finale (especially if that turns out to be Moffats last episode).
  • Options
    ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I'd love it to come full circle and we'll get Prisoner Zero, out for revenge against The Doctor! On the other hand I'd love to see him come face to face with the Angels who took the Ponds!

And I want River, Kate, the Paternoster Gang, Craig and maybe even Churchill, Nasreen, Dorium, Liz Ten, Van Gogh... Oh I want this to be the Pandorica opening haha!
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Hurt's Doctor
    or/and
    the Silence

This :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silence would be a great idea!
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    No returning villains for me, or at least not returning villains who have appeared recently. I would like an adversary we haven't seen for a good while, if not a completely new adversary.

I don't want The Master because as aforementioned that would be too much like Ten's regeneration, and I don't want the Daleks because we have seen them too recently.
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    While I'd love it to be something new [what better way to introduce a new recurring foe than by having them flat-out kill The Doctor in their very first appearance?], I reckon it'll be The Silence.

The Silence have been the main arc for Eleven - even the GI, who dominated 7b and the Clara arc - was a continuation of their story in a way. It just makes sense for them to be there to see him off, narratively speaking.

Plus, calling the Chrimbo episode "Silent Night" is too goon an opportunity to pass up, haha.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for silence and kovarian episode should be called silent night.
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Daleks have been used too much during Moff's era so I wouldn't mind if they were in it because I don't feel like Matt has had a massive Dalek story yet. I do think Asylum was very good but there Daleks weren't exactly the biggest part of the episode.

Or

The Whispermen if they're revealed to be something other than just manifestation of the Great Intelligence.

Or a brand new adversary that has potential to return in a year or two.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    While I'd love it to be something new [what better way to introduce a new recurring foe than by having them flat-out kill The Doctor in their very first appearance?], I reckon it'll be The Silence.

The Silence have been the main arc for Eleven - even the GI, who dominated 7b and the Clara arc - was a continuation of their story in a way. It just makes sense for them to be there to see him off, narratively speaking.

Plus, calling the Chrimbo episode "Silent Night" is too goon an opportunity to pass up, haha.

You coud be onto something there.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta be the Silence!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the 2005+ series remains non canon to the original, with Christopher Ecclestone playing #1, David Tenant #2, Matt Smith #3 and John Hurt #0, I am not sure whether #11 will even appear - not that I dont want the current series to continue, but that within the US, very few quality series survive beyond the fifth season before being cancelled and/or being acquired by a different network.

For example - Eureka, Warehouse 13, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    Given that the 2005+ series remains non canon to the original, with Christopher Ecclestone playing #1, David Tenant #2, Matt Smith #3 and John Hurt #0, I am not sure whether #11 will even appear - not that I dont want the current series to continue, but that within the US, very few quality series survive beyond the fifth season before being cancelled and/or being acquired by a different network.

Hi Daria,

Fascinating... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hazelnuttwhikehazelnuttwhike Posts: 156
    Forum Member

You do know Doctor Who is made in Britain, right? :rolleyes:

To answer the original question, I agree that the Silence would be a fitting enemy for christmas, and also I don't want the Master back as Simm. I'd love to see Hurt's Doctor face Derek Jacobi's Master, pre fob watch! :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The race is on between Twelfth Night and Silent Night :p
    Given that the 2005+ series remains non canon to the original..

Eduard Khil returns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    None of them and absolutely not the Master.

He should never coma back as a villain. His story is finished.

By all means bring him back as a Time Lord and by all means make him arrogant but no more goatee beards and moustache twirling villainy please.

Daleks!?: the Doctor would only kick their metal rear ends again. Yawn!

Something new, genuinely chilling and some nice, non-CGI action.

Just watched the Planet of the Spiders and was impressed by the action and atmosphere of the story. Lets have hover craft chases, martial arts throwing and lightening coming out of fingers please. Let it look real.