iPhone 5S with Three sim only contract

ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
Forum Member
✭✭
I recently bought an iPhone 5S from the Three store with a One Plan sim only contract. However even though I bought the iPhone it appears to be locked to the Three network. I thought iPhones were only locked to the Three network if the phone was on contract without buying it. Please advise.i

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three will unlock it for free if you call them
  • ArtmuzzArtmuzz Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will call them tomorrow.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, totally wrong thread.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artmuzz wrote: »
    I recently bought an iPhone 5S from the Three store with a One Plan sim only contract. However even though I bought the iPhone it appears to be locked to the Three network. I thought iPhones were only locked to the Three network if the phone was on contract without buying it. Please advise.i

The only place to buy Factory unlocked iPhones is from the Apple Store.
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most PAYG phones will still be locked. Luckily Three will unlock phones for free.

Just get your IMEI number and dial 333, there is an option where you'll be put onto an automated service to get it unlocked. After you've done that it will be processed within a few days.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPhones bought from the network or places like Carphone Warehouse (they will lock to the first Sim you use) will be locked. Phones from the Apple Store will be unlocked.