Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HotSeatSue wrote: »
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do vicars always wear their collars, even when sitting around at home watching telly? I know Catholic priests relax sans clerical clothes in the evening.

I tried to enjoy the vicar but she seems phony.

Someone said on this thread a while back that she was asked by the producers to wear her collar so that people knew she was a vicar. They don't normally wear them at home.

I can't see why everyone dislikes her so much. I think they are a boring couple and don't really add anything to the programme, but why do people go on about how awful she is so much?
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    I just adore Steph & Dom, I remember them when they appeared on 4 in a bed. Can't remember if they won but if they didn't, they should have, they were both terrific fun. Can't stand moany old Leon.

I'm the opposite lol, I can't stand Steph and Dom but think Leon is hilarious.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I used the Mute button for some parts this week.
    That Michael's boy's voice was grating on me.

And The Vicar - I just can't stand her. So she gets muted now.

I love the Posh p*ssheads, I adore the Siddiquis, and Leon makes me laugh. He's like an evil Gnome cackling in his chair.
    And you just KNOW June has him well under her thumb. :D
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    June and Leon are my favourite. I would hang out with them in real life.
  • Options
    lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petition: We the DS collective demand that The Tappers are given more airtime.

They hardly featured at all last night and that is just unacceptable. They should be given their own spin-off series.
    Are the Tappers the ones with Chauffeur dad? If it is, I'd only sign the petition if we can vote on when duct tape can be applied to the daughter's mouth. ;-)
    HotSeatSue wrote: »
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do vicars always wear their collars, even when sitting around at home watching telly? I know Catholic priests relax sans clerical clothes in the evening.

I tried to enjoy the vicar but she seems phony.
    Probably because the programme bosses asked her to wear it so that it is obvious it's a female vicar. It shows variety of families involved.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lakes wrote: »

What a pointless video
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Bask in the requisite stalkerish knowledge :p
    They’re a lovely family aren’t they. Great repartee and a nice relationship with their dad. Umar (Siddiqui-in-the-middle) is always pulling Bassit’s leg. Was nice to see Raza (occasional-Siddiqui-on-the-right) last week too.

Her parents seem quite traditional and switched-on don’t they.... whereas she seems a TOWIE-type person who got left behind on a trip to the North.

They close-up on Baasit all the time, far more than any other person on the show, have you noticed? It’s the general dreaminess.

I like how they introduced Raza to the whole Gogglebox thing nice and gently....with Dogging Diaries!

But yes, very likeable family. They're laid back and can be amusing without trying too hard.
    I can't see why everyone dislikes her so much. I think they are a boring couple and don't really add anything to the programme, but why do people go on about how awful she is so much?

For me, Rev. Kate, the Siddiquis and the boobs & jumpers men are a nice (and much needed) antidote to some of the boisterous show-offs. They tend to be insightful and offer quieter humour. I like them :)

I'm not a fan of the shouty Tappers.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just adore Steph & Dom, I remember them when they appeared on 4 in a bed. Can't remember if they won but if they didn't, they should have, they were both terrific fun. Can't stand moany old Leon.

If I remember rightly, they overpayed everybody else so much that they stood no chance of winning.

They're a lovely couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    If I remember rightly, they overpayed everybody else so much that they stood no chance of winning.

They're a lovely couple.

Aaaah, did they? What a great couple. Even the dog looks happy! :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaah, did they? What a great couple. Even the dog looks happy! :D

If I remember correctly, when it was their turn to host, they layed in bed all morning and let their "staff" do the breakfasts!!!!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly, when it was their turn to host, they layed in bed all morning and let their "staff" do the breakfasts!!!!

Quite right too!

I love them even more now :)
  • Options
    fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    come and sit by me and we can loath her together :D

I agree. I like everyone else but she needs to go IMO.
  • Options
    fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    June and Leon are my favourite. I would hang out with them in real life.

Same here. I would love to sit down and have a coffee with them.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im disappointed we had no sandy and sandra last night :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Quite right too!

I love them even more now :)

Me too! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS.Loved it when Dom announced he'd run out of vodka and Steph replied, how rude! :D
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Jay spoke twice yesterday. Last week he apparently did but i couldn't find it. But this week he spoke twice. Some would say a mumble but i defintley heard sound.
    I nearly had a heart attack.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this week's episode really left me even more confused about the US Healthcare system. The poor guy obviously was in no fit state to work so I guess he was claiming sickness and housing benefits, surely it would have been more beneficial to pay for an operation as soon as his condition was known so he could have gone out and worked?

How much money is being wasted in the US because of their crazy health policies, there must be thousands of people out there who COULD work but are unable to because they can't afford medical treatment or an operation to make them fit for work. It is absolutely insane that one of the richest countries in the world operates like this. I just can't get my head around it at all.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    Watching this week's episode really left me even more confused about the US Healthcare system. The poor guy obviously was in no fit state to work so I guess he was claiming sickness and housing benefits, surely it would have been more beneficial to pay for an operation as soon as his condition was known so he could have gone out and worked?

How much money is being wasted in the US because of their crazy health policies, there must be thousands of people out there who COULD work but are unable to because they can't afford medical treatment or an operation to make them fit for work. It is absolutely insane that one of the richest countries in the world operates like this. I just can't get my head around it at all.

Yes it's a bit crazy I agree.
    I wonder how much he gets in the incapacity and housing benefit they talked about? Not much I expect - the US welfare state is probably as inadequate as their universal healthcare
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much he gets in the incapacity and housing benefit they talked about? Not much I expect - the US welfare state is probably as inadequate as their universal healthcare

If you mean the 10stone balls guy, sadly he died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not GETS, GOT, I'm afraid, Welsh-lad, sadly the man featured died shortly afterwards due to complications of diabetes, heart attack I think. How terribly sad for him after going through all that beforehand. Life certainly is shit for some people.

I would like to say, I was glad to see all the GoggleBox participants showing sympathy and understanding towards this poor unfortunate man. More than I can say for a few of my work colleagues who thought his condition to be the funniest thing on earth to laugh and make jokes about when a few of us discussed the programme at tea break next day. I think childish is the word, and much shame on them.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really gone off Steph and Dom ( now neighbours since leaving Essex ) . Think they did win 4 in a bed . The swearing is so exaggerated and unnecessary . It's that old joke , a posh person saying f *** is supposed to make every one howl with laughter . Too forced .
  • Options
    Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »

I thought this. It would have been great to see there reaction to the guy with the large testicles. The posh couple were the best this week! There faces were brill.

RIP WESLEY XX
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »

And no silly vicar woman , great !.
This discussion has been closed.