Options

Broadchurch - Series 2

Comments

• Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Ellie kicks butt with Tom. About bloody time!

Superb - and most definately overdue
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed that, but it's definitely the already established characters from the first series who are carrying this. I'm still struggling to give a half a shite about the new people.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Ellie kicks butt with Tom. About bloody time!

Outstanding - practically cheered out loud at that scene :cool::blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire killing those girls has been obvious from the start, so hopefully there's a twist but the way this series has been going I doubt it. Just like it's obvious Joe will be found not guilty and be killed at the end of the series setting up a whodunnit for the next one.

Hardy's ex-wife has been the best thing about this series so I hope she stays around next series (and there will be one, the ratings may be down but they're still high enough for them to drag another series out of it) for the whodunnit mentioned above.

We dont know if Lisa has been killed or not - she has only disappeared

Re Series Three - Chris Chibnall said that Series 2 ends with a * cheeky cliffhanger* so there is bound to be a Series Three, even with the lower viewing figures for this one....

Interesting that they have filmed several versions of Episode Eight and - apparently - even the cast dont know which one will be shown
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Claire and Lee, must you make this all Fifty Shades of Broadchurch every episode? *yawns*

Yep, they do kind of look like they've wandered in from the wrong set
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that, but it's definitely the already established characters from the first series who are carrying this. I'm still struggling to give a half a shite about the new people.

Absolutely - they are what keep me watching ....... the Sandbrook crew are just not very good, or interesting .......... nor is the defence lawyer
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Claire and Lee, must you make this all Fifty Shades of Broadchurch every episode? *yawns*

Are they meant to be portrayed as a couple who kill, the she can't control herself line keeps coming up.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's some very slutty women in this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I was on edge of my seat at the beginning. Will Alec be ok it just seems like something might still happen to him even though he's had pacemaker?

Missed Ellie/Alec scenes not enough of them together tonight.

Olivia Coleman outstanding and that rant at Tom was brilliant.

Is Tess innocent in all this or am I just over analysing every word! Hope they don't get back together too cliche. Is she still with Dave?

What did that assistant find at ollies house something juicy?
  • Options
    MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piplings37 wrote: »
    What did that assistant find at oldies house something juicy?

I'm presuming it will be something to do with what Ellie's sister said in the first episode about her being called to the stand, and Ollie looking confused by it (as were we).

She also seemed a bit worse for wear in that final scene yelling at the assistant to get out of her house - drunk/drugs?

On a side note - I love how so many people are now subscribing to the theory I put up a while back that Joe will be found not guilty and end up getting murdered to set up a Season 3 whodunnit.
  • Options
    DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many more are there in this series?
  • Options
    lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marakaer wrote: »
    I'm presuming it will be something to do with what Ellie's sister said in the first episode about her being called to the stand, and Ollie looking confused by it (as were we).

She also seemed a bit worse for wear in that final scene yelling at the assistant to get out of her house - drunk/drugs?

On a side note - I love how so many people are now subscribing to the theory I put up a while back that Joe will be found not guilty and end up getting murdered to set up a Season 3 whodunnit.

she found a bank statement that shows money was paid into her bank just before she went to the police
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Practically? I DIDcheer out loud, how wonderful is Olivia Colman!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane wrote: »

I was wondering this as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lakes wrote: »
    she found a bank statement that shows money was paid into her bank just before she went to the police

Ah, didn't Ellie give Lucy money and then Lucy told her about seeing Joe at the bin

This might come back to haunt Ellie now
  • Options
    pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I was wondering this as well.

2 more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »

Two more episodes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I was clapping like a seal. :D
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olivia Coleman is so fantastic in this, I just love her!!
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire is sexually frustrated as she cant stop having sex with Lee
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    A pendant was a key piece of evidence in the original Sandbrook case. Presumably Ellie thinks the necklace is that same pendant. We know Claire still has it thanks to the lingering shot of her boobs a few weeks ago.

Do we know in what way it's evidence - ie was it found at the scene with the body or was it found in someone's house/possessions? I'm sure this must have been mentioned but it's all gone over my head! The mere fact that is was 'evidence' isn't very helpful.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Claire is sexually frustrated as she cant stop having sex with Lee

I don't know if I'd call it sexually frustrated when she gets off on him about to hit her or strangle her and likes been tied up by him,:p
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, how can anyone identify a pendant? They'll be churned out in large numbers and without some unique markings or forensic evidence, unidentifiable and certainly not from a photo!
  • Options
    DancesWithKatsDancesWithKats Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Do we know in what way it's evidence - ie was it found at the scene with the body or was it found in someone's house/possessions? I'm sure this must have been mentioned but it's all gone over my head! The mere fact that is was 'evidence' isn't very helpful.

I believe it was found in the boot of Lee Ashworth's car.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »
    Also, how can anyone identify a pendant? They'll be churned out in large numbers and without some unique markings or forensic evidence, unidentifiable and certainly not from a photo!

Oh stop being so intelligent. It's tv drama :D